Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
...Because I want to carry things longer than fit in the bed?

-Crissa
Right?

My VW Sportswagon days were famously sticking folding tables, skis and furnishings collected at garage sales over the seats up onto the dash to get’r done.

But can’t think of a single instance I slid the pickup sliding glass pass-through open to carry stuff. It always went over the tailgate. Hated the pass-thru wallop-wallop noise when open and it sucked dust inside which messed up dash pad and gauge faces.

This pass-thru design morphs into a folding rear bench seat that folds forward then that rear roof overhang prototype starts to point in that SUV direction towards a cabrio critter with permanent Bimini top.

SO Cybertruck in two versions? Could be…

Edit: dust
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think for a lot of us, the beauty of the pass-through is the ability to sleep comfortably inside the truck. If there is enough room in the cab for sleeping, and the seats fold flat, that would be a better solution than a pass through, IMO, and Tesla could just forget trying to accommodate it.

They've been pushing camp mode on the Y...I'd be shocked if the CT wasn't designed to accommodate sleeping inside the truck. It's just a question of HOW they go about it.
There is a lot of interest in using the Cybertruck for overlanding. Tesla should figure out some ways to accommodate that. Their roof tent thing they showed as a demo was pretty cool, but hard to say how practical it would be and I’m not sure how well the tent would work with camp mode which really works in a smaller/ enclosed area.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I leave the window open on my Mazda most of the year, so... I probably would rarely close the pass through.

I'm always hauling big, awkward things. And that back seat will be wasted space 90% of the time.

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Agreed. Wish this pass through talk would fade away along with wraps.

But if it were to happen, I wouldn't care as long as it didn't affect the true bed length when in normal configuration. Otherwise I'm blaming all you pass through obsessed for the failings of the ct!

Every time I use the bed I'll be cursing pass through fans for not just buying the rv they so desire.

;)
And get off my lawn!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Wish this pass through talk would fade away along with wraps.
I get that the pass through is something that will affect all of us in one way or another.

But wraps? Elon has now stated that initially the CT can come in any color you want as long as it is no color. I assume that also means no wraps from the factory. But even if wraps were available, they go on the very outside and have 0 effect on the design or utility of the vehicle. So I gotta ask, what do you have against the wrap talk?

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
I get that the pass through is something that will affect all of us in one way or another.

But wraps? Elon has now stated that initially the CT can come in any color you want as long as it is no color. I assume that also means no wraps from the factory. But even if wraps were available, they go on the very outside and have 0 effect on the design or utility of the vehicle. So I gotta ask, what do you have against the wrap talk?
I'll chime in. Same thing as the big wiper for me. Function over form. If it works like a hot damn, I am all for it. Vinyl cover will get ripped first trip through the trees. Leave it functional I say. Of course if someone wants to make there truck pretty, I guess that's ok too. :p

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you're ripping through a wrap, why did you get it?

Wraps come in all sorts of hardnesses, all sorta of graphics. Heck, I'm sure there will be compostable wraps in the future.

Don't like 'em? Don't get 'em.

-Crissa

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
If you're ripping through a wrap, why did you get it?

Wraps come in all sorts of hardnesses, all sorta of graphics. Heck, I'm sure there will be compostable wraps in the future.

Don't like 'em? Don't get 'em.

-Crissa
I'm trying to let Elon know that my favorite part of the Cybertruck is that it appears to contradict the planned obsolescence and planned need for maintenance that the auto industry has thrived on. Please continue to make the central goal of the Cybertruck to last indefinitely and minimize maintenance - as if it was going to be your last vehicle.??

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I would like to see two features in the upcoming Cybertruck. A glass solar roof panel and a pass through mid gate to the bed. I think the solar panel is a no brainer but the added complexity of a pass through mid gate might not make the production cut.

Tesla Cybertruck Pass through? C59F8A11-31E0-472E-BB49-AE2055CD65C3
Tesla Cybertruck Pass through? 71417CBD-E43B-44F6-B126-7BC8DD2CE032

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I would like to see two features in the upcoming Cybertruck. A glass solar roof panel and a pass through mid gate to the bed. <Snip>
10 points. Clever metal bucket seat back frame-as-headache rack! The rest are too clever over-tweaking the bed as toolbox, tiedown, etc…

Tesla Cybertruck Pass through? 916DA50A-CD5F-405E-8A8A-2205A806FEF6

Solar? I’m OK adding after delivery a Tesla solar roof. Lightyear already are indicating that solar capture is advancing 5x still.

Cybertrucks need to GoldMaster Gen1 plans to get into production. Solar sounds like a Gen3 after Gen2 fixes Gen1 mistakes.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
but then things need to be special orders.....you think ordering options now are crazy,,,,wait til people start ordering body styles......it would turn giga Texas into another big-3 factory....wait times would be significantly longer not to think of the confusion........if you think there is a problem now trying to speak to someone at Tesla about problems with M3s, Myself and X & X, wait til the multi-body styles are introduced....JMHO

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
but then things need to be special orders.....you think ordering options now are crazy,,,,wait til people start ordering body styles......it would turn giga Texas into another big-3 factory....wait times would be significantly longer not to think of the confusion........if you think there is a problem now trying to speak to someone at Tesla about problems with M3s, Myself and X & X, wait til the multi-body styles are introduced....JMHO
Eh.

Maybe in 10 years when Tesla is able to keep up with demand they will open up multiple body styles. Definitely not going to be a bunch of configurations at launch.

Musk has even backed off on the idea of wrapping the trucks. You can have any color you want so long as it’s none.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
I would like [...] a pass through mid gate to the bed.
C59F8A11-31E0-472E-BB49-AE2055CD65C3.jpeg
Wow! Had ta look up that photo, wish Toyota made electric pickups, that'd be cool.

Tesla Cybertruck Pass through? 49_abat_concept