Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
Just to be clear, everyone here is ok for early reservations to mark up the MSRP 20k to flip, but not ok with Ford dealerships doing this?

One is unethical, the other is good planning and good capitalism?

Ok. Got it.
tl;dr
The question is "Where's the FOMO?" Tesla's: How long do I wait to purchase? vs Legacys': what dealership can I find the lowest (I would argue artificial orchestrated) price at? And for the record everyone raises MSRP over time.

Wow, my first *you're comparing apples and oranges dude* response. The price for the prototype at reveal was clearly presented as an estimated cost to produce a theoretical vehicle on mass based on theoretical technology advancements which were unprecedented and widely considered impossible at the time or in Elon's words, "I think we can do it." Let's not even mention the reoccurring global plague between 2019 and 2023. And the other half of Tesla's apple is that people are holding out on their "ready to be delivered" reservations in bad faith to gain a tax incentive or a refreshed vehicle with outdated pricing, and for those ppl lets be clear, there is zero reason for Tesla to be grandfathering people in on a model Y/3/S after saying no. If you want to play chase the dragon, be my guest, but as an investor Tesla should ABSOLUTELY BE SHUTTING THAT SHIT DOWN. Everybody's trying to save money, but some ppl are being unreasonable. (You're saying I lose my price if I deny the last pre-refreshed model S that meets my designed one?!?! Yes. Now stop ruining the Goodwill system for the rest of us.) Removing the haggling stage of buying a car has been one of the hottest reasons to buy a Tesla. Four clicks and your done. For the most part if two people from different sides of the country purchase a Tesla at the same time, they get the same price.

Now, with dealerships its a primarily about customers worrying about shopping around to find the vehicle (that was probably passed on by the original purchaser) sold at a reduced markup, i.e. a headache, I don't to go back and forth between several dealerships looking for a needle in a haystack surrounded by loansharks. Nintendo creates this manufactured scarcity with their Amibo toys and consoles, and it is the worst. Consumers are responding over-whelmingly well to the fair pricing that skips the artificial and stressful bargain hunting stage. I'd rather be getting shafted by just the Osborn Effect, than additionally having to play find and go seek.

It'd be like if buying tesla stock depended on which app you purchased on vs what date you bought it. That would suck so much ass, cause there'd be like 50 more investing apps and you'd have to check all of them daily or get shafted every time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I went to a hotel in California, and they turned me away ;-)

FrankMcEnnis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Express, Cj5, Rockcrawler
Country flag
I ordered the next morning and my rank is 86 191. Dual motor, in montreal canada. Delivery estimate november 21 2024. Almost 3 years from now, 5 years from the reveal.

Fuck... Should'nt have cancelled my lightning reservation.

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What you guys think, are they going to keep the same price for the cybertruck even though material prices are going up every year?

OP
OP

Jose pena

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Disregard the above question. I found part of my answer in the forums, unless you got new information to add. Thanks

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What you guys think, are they going to keep the same price for the cybertruck even though material prices are going up every year?
Battery prices are going down every year.

Manufacturing costs for Teslas are coming down every year as they get better at automating. Giga Shanghai is more efficient than Fremont. Austin will be more efficient than Shanghai.

Those are two of the biggest costs of the vehicle.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Bro that tracker is unofficial and means nothing. Its entertainment value at best. Probably shouldn't be basing your decision/frustration on that.
But it was on the INTERNETET!........:ROFLMAO:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Battery prices are going down every year.

Manufacturing costs for Teslas are coming down every year as they get better at automating. Giga Shanghai is more efficient than Fremont. Austin will be more efficient than Shanghai.

Those are two of the biggest costs of the vehicle.
yes, but will it produce a lower price or prevent a Cybertruck price increase

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
yes, but will it produce a lower price or prevent a Cybertruck price increase
Who knows.

I think the bigger question is: What is Tesla's goal with the Cybertruck?

If you think it's a short term profit grab, bumping prices is absolutely the way to go.

Personally, I think think they are planning on entering the truck market aggressively and dominating it for the next 10 years. To do that, they need to be competitive with ICE vehicles.

The current market with much higher pricing on vehicles is a short term market condition. Tesla can't expect to charge $20k more for their trucks indefinitely. Their goal is to displace ICE vehicles. Putting a truck on the market which is much more expensive than ICE vehicles isn't going to disrupt the industry.

We know Tesla can produce trucks and sell them near the announced pricing.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
Wow!!! I checked my RN# to find out what my Estimated Delivery Date is and to my surprise this is what i got.
I order my Cybertruck on 11/27/2019
Est Position 273,116
Est Position for Trim 9,560
Est Delivery Date 2/28/2026

This is a crazy delivery date. It has to be wrong. If this is correct i feel sorry for those who order after 11/27/2019.
I think I am giving up on the Cybertruck dream. I am just going to wake up and get the Lighning Lariat, I was one of the first one that put in for it. #1 on my Ford dealer list!
If you chose AWD, you'll get a closer "guess of a pretend date", in case it makes you feel any better......
Sponsored