Product Roadmap to be announced at the earnings call.

What details will be revealed on the earnings call as part of the product road map?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I seriously doubt prices will be revealed in the call.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I seriously doubt prices will be revealed in the call.
They have never changed prices before so there is no precedent.

If there is some change, they need to reveal the new prices at some point before they roll out the configuration page.

The other possibility is another event. There is a rumor they will have a second event prior to production.

I’m not holding my breath either way.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
…
The supply chain is going to be a short one at that plant.
It would not surprise me that at some point Tesla puts a tire plant adjacent to Giga Austin or has a third party do it..
Tesla is focused on eliminating critical failure points.

For the batteries, they are going all the way to the mine level and mining their own lithium.

Tires don’t seem to be as critical. Unlike with lithium, there is a ready supply of tires on the market. EVs aren’t really increasing demand for tires. Having an in-house tire production is unlikely to be a competitive advantage. (Though the same could be said of seats I guess?)

The other parts of Austin and Berlin they are working are almost certainly for building battery parts. They will likely make their own cathodes on site or later at the lithium mines depending on where they source the lithium.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Ref the article about Tesla stock dropping.
Since I'm a long term investor (unless I have to sell to pay down CT payment) these periodic dips don't bother me.
In fact if I had ten grand to invest I'd drop every nickel into more stock since it dropped below a thousand a share today (1/21/2022).
Next week is going to be very interesting when they do the Earnings Call.
My unprofessional opinion is that if the news is very good the stock price will go over 2000 a share by the end of the month. We can only hope.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ref the article about Tesla stock dropping.
Since I'm a long term investor (unless I have to sell to pay down CT payment) these periodic dips don't bother me.
In fact if I had ten grand to invest I'd drop every nickel into more stock since it dropped below a thousand a share today (1/21/2022).
Next week is going to be very interesting when they do the Earnings Call.
My unprofessional opinion is that if the news is very good the stock price will go over 2000 a share by the end of the month. We can only hope.
With the way the market is right now I don’t think Tesla is going anywhere near 2000 or even 1300 after earnings.

I’d be happy to get back to 1200 or so.

More likely the market will ignore blow out earnings since it’s priced in.

I’m long Tesla but right now lots o f fear out there in the general market.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
A good deal of this market deflation is profit-taking and investing in capital both corporate and personal.

You can't buy stuff with stock certificates. And so money is leaving the markets. It's going out into the world to become profits... after it becomes other things first. From bread to Cybertrucks to factories.

-Crissa
Sponsored