Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Trust me it's about the size of the F150 you're gonna be ok
Unless the dude in the shot that walks near the door is 6'5" or taller, it doesn't look like the same height as my f-150... and if it's not, well that would be disappointing... just saying...
Sponsored

Bobbie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-250
Occupation
General Contractor
Country flag
Love the shorter frunk/hood. Front field of view must be awesome. Bed looks way easier to clean. I like the implementation of 1 large wiper. It must be easier to grab and clean from snow or replace. Stainless , no worries on sun bleaching or scratching a soft paint. Yes, his genius is showing through, Love it.

peacemakerjpg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CYberTruck
Occupation
Sales of Contracts Providing Access to Contingent Finances
Country flag
Is it me, or does it look like the whole frunk (including the lid, and front vertical sides) may lift up in one whole piece?
I doubt it would lift the vertical sides as well, especially if you're meaning the headlights and panels below them lifting. There are regulations for having fixed head and tail lights on production vehicles. They would have to have another set of "headlights" that would show when the frunk if open. Just seems a bit redundant for Tesla who likes to eliminate parts. But it would provide better clearance.

QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Something seems completely off about the truck now. the pic looks a bit small but could be the angles but am i the only one that thinks it looks weird in the video?
When not viewed with full context, the angles can make it look "weird". But if you look at the pic with employees surrounding the truck, it look BAD ASS!

When it's standing on it's own, with no real background reference point (such as the pic with no employees + the vid which is moving around close up). It will look much better in a normal environment. Much like the initial reveal didn't showcase the beut-allity of the vehicle, it wasn't until we saw it in New York/GF Texas/battery day/museum that we got to see some of it's menacing looks in "normal" context (though the museum didn't really showcase this well since there too it was standing alone).

The drone shots are the ones that make me very very happy with it's overall appearance. It's going look EPIC in real life.

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I doubt it would lift the vertical sides as well, especially if you're meaning the headlights and panels below them lifting. There are regulations for having fixed head and tail lights on production vehicles. They would have to have another set of "headlights" that would show when the frunk if open. Just seems a bit redundant for Tesla who likes to eliminate parts. But it would provide better clearance.
Not really, Mini Cooper's have had headlights that are part of the hood, that raises when opened.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Unless the dude in the shot that walks near the door is 6'5" or taller, it doesn't look like the same height as my f-150... and if it's not, well that would be disappointing... just saying...
I'm 5'10", so my F-150 towered above me. I love that. I hate getting into a low vehicle.

Two things...

1. Unlike most trucks, the air suspension can be adjusted to a lower setting for people to get in and out.

2. The slope of the rear will definitely be quite a bit lower than the peak, so passengers will need to duck, especially when the suspension is lowered.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Updated with video!

And one with people (Tesla employees) -- for an idea on Cybertruck's size.
I wonder who leaked this video...worker at GigaTexas. Can't make him out in his reflections in the Cybertruck windows, but someone might.

I am okay with the shorter front end. And the mirrors.

Dislikes. Hate that they are not building it anytime "soon". *Soon as defined by the dictionary as in the next few weeks. Sometimes months.

Per Elon, Tesla is "Aiming for production in 2023". Does that mean the first units roll out in time for Thanksgiving 2023? And the first 150,000 are delivered to buyers in 2024?

I am outside 150,000 on the waiting list, so I have to wait until 2025? That is a looooong time to keep waiting.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Something seems completely off about the truck now. the pic looks a bit small but could be the angles but am i the only one that thinks it looks weird in the video?
I thought it seemed more apparent in the walk around video that is was smaller. I am going to have to go back to some of the videos of the original unveiling to get sense for the scale but it sure seems smaller to my eyes, more like the mid size variant. Total speculation on my part but I am hoping/thinking they will announce the mid size version on Wednesday and this is the first prototype of it.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
It could very well open like a clam shell which would offer up a lot of frunk storage and easier access. Depending on the packaging inside it could be a good response to the Hummer and Lightning frunks.
That would be ideal. You just can't tell from the video/picture.

Maybe they haven't finalize that yet.....but I assume it will depend on how they engineer the stamping process more than from an aesthetic design approach.
Sponsored