If you could request three factory add-ons, what would they be?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
With my Outback I would usually do a mix of cruise control and manual driving depending one where it was. For long hills I would slow down a lot because that’s where the biggest impact on fuel burn is. For shorter hills I would just coast up and slow down a little to the summit for the same effect. Fundamentally cruise control doesn’t have the tools a driver has. Cruise control has it’s hands tied at a specific speed and burns however much gas/ range it takes to maintain that speed. Just varying your speed on hills can make a massive difference in fuel burn.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No, it's common knowledge that a good hyper miler can outperform even the newest cruise controls. They cannot see ahead like a human and, until that changes, it will be possible for a human to outperform it.
No. You mishear.

A Human with cruise control always beats a Human without.

A Human with cruise control bests cruise control on its own - because it can't yet see down the road and plot the right acceleration and deceleration curve to take into account terrain and traffic.

It's another tool, and in this case, a tool that extends the driver's ability without loss. The hypermiler on their own is just a Human, and can't hold throttle perfectly or measure pace perfectly.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
No. You mishear.

A Human with cruise control always beats a Human without.
If that human with cruise control is me, I will beat the cruise control by never activating it. Because there are dips in the road and breezes are not always steady. A mindless machine that varies the throttle setting to hold an exact speed is not as efficient as a human that allows the subtle effects of a gust of wind or a slight dip or slope to temporarily affect the speed of the vehicle without coasting or going deeper into the throttle.

More on topic: A common misconception is that a coasting EV is not sending power to the motor. That is false. The permanent magnet motors cannot coast freely without a small input of power. This means the most efficient way to drive is to avoid regen and avoid coasting. When I put my Model 3 into "Neutral" it is a simulated neutral that is achieved by powering the motor enough to neutralize the inherent magnetic drag. But no real work is being done at the axles. The area of the power curve near zero torque (near zero HP) is a very inefficient part of the power curve. Thus, in an EV, it's most efficient to hold a steady, light throttle, even if that causes the vehicle speed to vary up and down a bit.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
The permanent magnet motors cannot coast freely without a small input of power.
You need to explain what you mean by this.
I have a PM motor on my desk at work. With nothing connected to its power cables I can spin the shaft easily by hand. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just asking for clarification on what you mean.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seat belts for my four legged family members in the back seat.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A 8X10” picture frame on the dashboard for Elon Musk’s photo that allows me to thank him for the concept of the Cybertruck to begin with. He is a true hero in my book.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. Front receiver hitch; hidden by a cover is fine but also a standard seven pin trailer connector female outlet with 12v pin and enough amps to power a winch. Winch could be used on front receiver or rear and if it was a Tesla product it would fit in the lower box of the vault when not in use.
2. Solar roof; I would sacrifice transparency on the glass roof to have silicon cells incorporated into this glass for standby power losses / consumption. Six fold out Tesla 300 watt panels would be nice while parked at the airport for a week but I don’t think I would pay the $1500+ option charge.
3. Reference Christmas music synchronization of Model X lights, I would like to have owner access to circuitry to program lights on an Arduino, flashers, third brake light, head lights, and off road light, for utility/ construction vehicles or have it as a pay option to have it added to “settings”on the touch screen.
4. Tires and wheels are bad ass! I might however, opt for a smoother, quieter riding 80,000 mile all season Michelin if a fantastic looking first class wheel was an option.
Hello. I’m trading in my Cybertruck well before the 80,000 mile mark. Many more improvements should have been made to the Cybertruck by then.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1. Already a feature of current Tesla vehicles.
2. LOL
3. hmm...
3. hmm... heavy though.
Hi there! 420 gallons of water is almost 4,000 pounds. That should be a piece of cake for the Cybertruck to handle.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Dog Mode for my dogs to have continuously air conditioning at all times here in sunny Hawaii is a must from Mr. Musk.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't see how they could do what I had in mind after market. It would need to be more closely integrated with the car's systems - like Emissions Testing Mode. You would want to be able to send the "surprise" to any seat.
The only emissions that a Tesla emits are the bad politicians impeding Tesla’s success.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A built in sliding ramp for my dogs to use to climb into the back seating area when they get hip dysplasia in their senior year.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No: 1...A SPARE TYRE (a must for outback, rear mounted is even better),
No: 2...solar panels instead of glass roof (never liked the sun shining directly down on me while driving),
No: 3...V2G (my house at least)
I’ll be taping a Costco box to block out the sun from the Cybertruck’s sunroof.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
New vehicles come with LED headlights and it’s against the law for me to modify my 22 year old van with LED headlights in Hawaii. That’s forces me to trade in my clunker for a new Cybertruck.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A bumper sticker that says “ My Cybertruck just blew off the Ford F-150 and the Chevy E-Silverado”!
Sponsored