Well what the hell,was hoping that they would have a new pricing plan and maybe a few ideas about what the scenario would be if you already ordered a

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Well what a disappointment no indication of a new price for quad motor or how you can upgrade your trip to a quad. The meeting agenda didn't really make much on truck

it was investor day, not CT

Just heard the news and the big financial story was the Tesla stock price drop. Apparently financial analysts were not happy because they did not get to see any actual new vehicles. They wanted a "cherry on top" of the presentation.

Meanwhile I'm like:

Save the planet.

Lower the rate of cash expenditures by an enormous percentage

Demonstrate how we will make trillions of dollars in the next few years

Revolutionize how vehicles are produced

Show a picture of one more car design

Clearly Tesla is failing us all. Better drop this stock like it has serious cooties.
it shows you how stupid these expert analysts really are. they can't think ahead beyond their nose.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In fact, I would argue that in 15 years or so, we will be able to look back and say for certain that this investor call was when the world changed. Now we may have another big change coming in a relatively short while regarding AI. But on the planet health front, financial boom front, and general level of hope for the future, this meeting is probably the big turning point.

The financial idiots will never even recognize that the meeting was the one they were at and that they completely tuned out one of the most important things to happen to our planet.
I sure hope they talk about “When” it was saved as opposed to when the window of opportunity was passed. But if they do, I think it would be the beginning of Tesla. Today was a blip on the roadmap.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I sure hope they talk about “When” it was saved as opposed to when the window of opportunity was passed. But if they do, I think it would be the beginning of Tesla. Today was a blip on the roadmap.
I wouldn't totally disagree with that view.

On the other hand, I would argue that outside of Tesla, the consensus (there is that word again) about Tesla has been that if anyone could turn the current crisis around it might just be Tesla because they are our best hope. But even your words above still possess an element of doubt in that you are just hoping they can do it.

I believe that what we saw with Master Plan 3 is a rational, demonstrable, roadmap of how it is going to be accomplished. Additionally showing that Tesla is fully capable of accomplishing it. And this Master Plan 3 is backed up by the historical track record of Master Plans 1,2. At this point, there is very little doubt that the plan is going to move forward. And as long as Tesla is allowed to continue operating, the plan is going to be accomplished. From what I saw in the talk, it is pretty clear that the solar industry is already on board with the contributions they are making. As MP3 ripples out through the rest of the industries in the plan, I believe that others will also come on board.

In the end, Tesla will not need to do 100% of the plan by themselves. But the release of MP3 is where the tide shifts from doubt and curious wallflowers watching Tesla to a sizable portion of industry jumping on board to get a piece of the pie. It may take some time for MP3 to trickle through the minds of the doubters. But this is the turning point. This is where the thoughts change from "I hope someone does something" to "Tesla is going to do it, I better get on board or get crushed."

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I have come to learn many these companies only live by end of quarter results. It is how they maintain and win customers.

They don't care about 1000% next year. They prefer 15% this year.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have come to learn many these companies only live by end of quarter results. It is how they maintain and win customers.

They don't care about 1000% next year. They prefer 15% this year.
There was plenty about the current year (quarter even) if you paid attention.

Essentially they showed how Tesla is going to maintain their margins even though they lowered prices. That’s pretty huge. Margins were the single biggest concern the investment community had for Tesla after the price drops.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It wasn’t really meant for mainstream consumers to watch.

It was called “Investor Day”, they talked about what they said they were going to talk about. Scale and business efficiency. People need to realize that if Tesla tells you they are going to talk about something extremely technical… they are probably going to do exactly that and nothing more.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, positioning your company to aim for a growing market need shows forward thinking. This is why Tesla gets the PE multiple it does - they really are planning to provide what's needed years out from now.

Of course, all those details about a sustainable economy are old hat to those interested in the economy and technology but it should show Tesla knows what it's doing.

They're ordering rain coats before the rainy season, basically. They're projecting a need, and saying, 'we can fill it'.

-Crissa
Sponsored