Oklahoma wanted the Tesla Giga Factory, now they are banning Tesla sales/service centers. [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Butt-hurt much?

Meanwhile........

Gov. Kevin Stitt commits record $15M to electric car maker Canoo
Rhett Morgan
Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt plans to award electric vehicle start-up Canoo a state-record $15 million from the Quick Action Closing Fund to support the company’s total investment of more than $560 million at facilities in Pryor, Tulsa and Oklahoma City, documents show.

The state money will back Canoo’s commitment to provide 1,500 jobs at a “mega-microfactory” at MidAmerica Industrial Park in Pryor and a combined 700 jobs at a Tulsa technology hub and software development center and an Oklahoma City customer service and financial center, Oklahoma Department of Commerce contracts indicate.

The average salary at the proposed automotive center in Mayes County will be $64,430, and pay at the planned Tulsa and Oklahoma City facilities will range from $85,000 to $125,000, documents show. More specifically, the averages are expected to be $85,000 at the software development center, $125,000 at the tech hub and $98,000 at the customer service and financial center.

Canoo also plans to build a plant at its Bentonville, Arkansas, headquarters.

“We are grateful and proud that Oklahoma and Arkansas and the Cherokee Nation are where we will make our platforms and our new home,” Canoo CEO Tony Aquila said Monday during the company’s earnings call. “These three coming together allows us an amazing workforce, people that understand what it’s like to do what we do.

“By bringing two states and a Nation together, we have greatly decreased our risks and accelerated our ability to grow.”

Canoo also announced during its earnings call that Oklahoma has finalized an agreement to purchase 1,000 vehicles from the company.

Aquila last month attended Stitt’s State of the State address, where the executive was acknowledged by the governor. On Monday, Aquila gave nods to both Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson and Stitt, praising his push to eliminating the income tax on military retirement benefits.
Created in 2011, the closing fund is intended as a source of funds available to the governor to attract high-impact businesses when incentive payments are expected to be the deciding factor in a business’s location decision.

Oklahoma’s closing fund award to Canoo is the largest in state history by a wide margin, records show. The previous high was $3 million on two occasions: to GE in 2013 for a $125 million research center in Oklahoma City and to Commercial Metals Co. in 2015 for a $322 million micro-mill in Durant.

Closing fund contracts for the Pryor factory ($10 million) and Tulsa and Oklahoma centers ($5 million) contain various payment conditions centering on construction and jobs progress and capital expenditures by the company.

Canoo must start construction on the $482.6 million factory at MidAmerica Industrial Park by Jan. 1, 2023, and complete it by July 1, 2026, according to the agreement. The head of MAIP said last week that Canoo had begun clearing land at the park.

An additional $78 million in state money for the Tulsa and Oklahoma City centers is for economic and related infrastructure development, contracts show.

https://tulsaworld.com/business/loc...cle_7617e90c-999a-11ec-9528-a7142189bf82.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Since there is only the one business operating like that, this becomes a bill of adhesion, and hence, open to challenge in the courts. You can't just ban someone's business without a legitimate reason.

It can also be circumvented by the tribal governments.

This just shows another way how corrupt Republicans are.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Republicans are not the only ones corrupt. Agree, this example illustrates corruption.

Corruption, like a bad apple, gives the whole barrel a bad name. I am not describing extreme view points.

Toonces

First Name
Meow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Country flag
Since there is only the one business operating like that, this becomes a bill of adhesion, and hence, open to challenge in the courts. You can't just ban someone's business without a legitimate reason.

-Crissa
I thought they were against “cancel culture”? I can’t understand the anti-logic of Texas…Giga factory you can’t purchase cars from if you’re a Texas resident?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
There is Corruption regardless of party or political affiliation in the case of those anti-Tesla. Using this to highlight an example toward a particular party is missing the point and undermines our integrity against these corrupt individuals. There are corrupt politicians supporting the Big-Oil, UAW, MSM Big Media communist style eco-system establishment on both sides.

However, I do agree this sort of a bill is arrogant, overt, and also actually quite lame in the sense it proves the auto-dealership lobby establishment in Oklahoma is so pathetic, low, and desperate that they would try to do something like this.

The fact that the bill has even gone this far already will of course not age well, and many corrupt establishment auto-dealership stake-clingers are about as short-sighted and dumb as they are greedy.

It is Very Easy to boycott Oklahoma on the road trips as about the only thing it's got going for it besides Oil, is the fact that it is a 'drive-thru' state as well as a 'fly-over' state. But those driving through it - do provide some income to many businesses for certain. I guess now Oklahoma wants to become a 'drive-around' state as well as a 'fly-over' state.

I would like for those same people who stood up and and asked Elon to put his Giga-Factory just outside of Tulsa, ... I'd like for those same people to come out now and stand up and re-affirm they are For Tesla and are Against this Bill. Or are they going to stay 'Silent' just like many spineless politicians do in critical times? That very much likely will be the case in my opinion, but I'd welcome them to prove that wrong.

As I was saying, it is Very Easy to Boycott Oklahoma during travels, by mainly just routing through Kansas City or Texarkana when traveling cross country. If Oklahoma wants to treat the people like communist sheep and boycott Tesla, then the people for years or decades to come if need be - should Boycott Oklahoma and drive around it always, while denying Oklahoma businesses of revenue because of their politicians' corrupt short-sightedness and greed.

Tesla Cybertruck Oklahoma wanted the Tesla Giga Factory, now they are banning Tesla sales/service centers. [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] 1646322328910

So, Oklahoma businesses listen up! If you like the idea of many traveling customers avoiding your state, just keep letting your politicians do this! Or otherwise you better step up!! The ball is in your court!

Over the next few years as EV's grow and grow, Oklahoma might want to become a sanctuary of sorts for ICE vehicles, but who would want to go to such a place where you provide sanctuary for something that costs three times more, and pollutes the air you breathe? Dumb and Dumber... Oil does have many good manufacturing purposes besides only fuel and energy, and the sooner the companies accept this reality, the better.

Right now, pushing this bill is equally as stupid and corrupt as the mentally of Vladimir Putin invading Ukraine. Psychotic, short-sighted, and suicidal. If need be, the world and the United States will have happy EV experiences while avoiding Oklahoma in isolation. Just like the world will still be happy to isolate Putin.

This bill does prove one thing - Corruption and Stupidity are not only in Russia...

BTW - If someone want's to repost this on twatter or fb, be my guest as I'll never have an account there directly.

Last edited:

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag

-Crissa
Republicans are definitely not the only corrupt politicians, look at my state which is very blue and Tesla had to go to one of the Tribal nations to open a service center. We could go tit for tat for the rest of our lives over political corruption and never be able to prove one side is more corrupt than the other.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
We could go tit for tat for the rest of our lives over political corruption and never be able to prove one side is more corrupt than the other.
Oh I would so take that challenge if this was a political forum.
Whenever I'm in a discussion about politics I usually hear statements like that when I'm winning.
"Let's agree to disagree"
"The problem is both sides"
"All Politicians are corrupt liars so why even talk about it"

(edit: fixed spelling error)

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Republicans are not the only ones corrupt. Agree, this example illustrates corruption.

Corruption, like a bad apple, gives the whole barrel a bad name. I am not describing extreme view points.
Yeah, but this one is Republican. The one in WV is both sides, tho... the WV Democratic party is not at all the national one.

-Crissa

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Every state government, regardless of party, is vulnerable to the lobbying efforts of the automotive dealership cartel.
Yes, and Joe Biden claiming to want to do something about climate change, shutting down the pipeline, bringing California to $8 gas, won't even acknowledge Tesla. Tesla is the most American car company, creating 1000's of high paying jobs building cars mostly from American parts.

Yes, a robot is about to take a few thousand of these jobs, but as a human, you need to figure out where you can work that a robot can't.

Similar to hiring humans to dig ditches with spoons, when you could just get a backhoe, and send them off to do other jobs a backhoe can't do. Figure it out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Texas is in a similar boat.

At least in OK you don’t have to drive as far to pick one up in another state. Arkansas or Kansas?

I would say this is a good reason to avoid Oklahoma, but it’s on a long list of many as far as I’m concerned. It’s just not part of the country I enjoy visiting.

Worth mentioning that the guy who sponsored the bill owns several car dealerships.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, and Joe Biden claiming to want to do something about climate change, shutting down the pipeline, bringing California to $8 gas, won't even acknowledge Tesla. Tesla is the most American car company, creating 1000's of high paying jobs building cars mostly from American parts.

Yes, a robot is about to take a few thousand of these jobs, but as a human, you need to figure out where you can work that a robot can't.

Similar to hiring humans to dig ditches with spoons, when you could just get a backhoe, and send them off to do other jobs a backhoe can't do. Figure it out.
C'mon man, stick to the topic. Which of these have to do with the topic?

Something about climate change: Regulating carbon emissions. We might have a more energy independent and clean future!

Shutting down 'the pipeline': Keystone XL? The pipeline designed so that the high-sulfur tar could be exported overseas instead of sold at a discount to American customers?

Bringing California to $8 gas? We're on an EV forum. Why do we care if gas is expensive (no, it's not $8, and we've always had a few specialty/remote stations with ridiculous prices.)

And the administration has repeatedly acknowledged Tesla. Tantruming about it, again, has nothing to do with the thread.

Ugh.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag

Cause + bias = tends to be off center from reality. (Regarding first paragraph)

which is another way of me saying, I do not see the same conclusions.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.