TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Weirdly their platform is unrelated to laws before they were elected.

WTF kind of argument do you even think you're making?

-Crissa
The Nazi platform includes nationalizing the press (and everything else), ending free speech. It is classic dictator action.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
No. Absolute free speech is simply that. You're allowed to say things. No deplatorming.
Really No deplatorming.

1. All the platforms being complained about are private businesses. Now you are saying someone has a right to use assets and reputation of private business that has decided they could suffer damage.

2. Where is it given you have a right to a platform of bigger than your unamplified natural human voice or writing on a single piece of paper. You have no natural right to a book publishing deal or radio/TV/streaming broadcast.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
As an inadvertent supporter (I own Tesla cars, solar and stock), I used to think Elon was your normal, run of the mill eccentric engineering genius. But with his impulsive desire for attention, this insecure, immature little man is undoing much of the good his obsessive hard work has produced. Elons most ardent "followers" are clearly blind to this Tourettes like behaviour which will only increase in volume and magnitude when applied using his most recently acquired toy. Chief Twit indeed.

I strongly support this Forums "no politics" policy. If only Elon had the wisdom to do the same ...
Agreed. STFU and get over yourself you supposed eccentric genius. Worst part of having an interest and appreciation for Tesla engineering and vehicles is dealing with the schmuck at the top, and hearing all the fanboys obsess over how awesome he is.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Really No deplatorming.

1. All the platforms being complained about are private businesses. Now you are saying someone has a right to use assets and reputation of private business that has decided they could suffer damage.

2. Where is it given you have a right to a platform of bigger than your unamplified natural human voice or writing on a single piece of paper. You have no natural right to a book publishing deal or radio/TV/streaming broadcast.
1. Lots of things are private businesses, but that doesn't mean companies have a right to restrict service based on race, gender, political views, etc. Further, I would argue - and so would Mark Zuckerberg - that large social media has transcended being a service and into a utility that should be regulated and ensure free speech. Racist people can still make phone calls, and ATT can not only not restrict their use, they aren't allowed to listen in on calls. I use FB for communication now more than my phone.

2. Book deals are employment based on merit. Not consuming a service. No relation.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Nazi platform includes nationalizing the press (and everything else), ending free speech. It is classic dictator action.
Again, what does that have to do with violence before they took power? Are you unaware that they were involved in anti-minority violence before they took power?

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Plenty of times. I'm going to avoid getting into the politics so I don't get banned again for being conservative.

While Elon has been on Rogan's podcast, Rogan certainly doesn't need him. I don't recall ever seeing a public conversation between Peterson and Elon. He may be a golden goose for Tesla stockholders, but he's certainly not for Peterson or Rogan.
Rogan tries to get interesting guest for sales, So yes he does need Elon. (or people like him) He won't get Elon back if he disagrees with him too much.

Elon got where he is from brilliant engineering and vision.

Rogan had people eat gross stuff. Yet Elon has a desire to be popular so.......

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Again, what does that have to do with violence before they took power? Are you unaware that they were involved in anti-minority violence before they took power?

-Crissa
They did lots of bad things. Free speech didn't enable them to do it, the actions - or lack there of - of others did. If they clearly say they hate Jews - which they did - and people elected them, the problem is not in free speech but in the morals and values of those that elected them. Free speech enabled full disclosure of who the Nazi's were in advance. Nothing was hidden. Evil allowed this knowledge to be known, and for them to still be elected.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
They did lots of bad things. Free speech didn't enable them to do it, the actions - or lack there of - of others did. If they clearly say they hate Jews - which they did - and people elected them, the problem is not in free speech but in the morals and values of those that elected them. Free speech enabled full disclosure of who the Nazi's were in advance. Nothing was hidden. Evil allowed this knowledge to be known, and for them to still be elected.
Words matter. They didn't go straight to rounding up jews. They turned one German against another by subtle resentment over a couple years. Through their free speech. They started slow and built up momentum. It was methodical free speech with a political end.

Now we are at the point where 30% of the R crowd say they would be willing to take up arms against their oppressors. Again this was/is very methodical "free speech" to get to this point.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Armchair quarterback knows exactly how Elon should behave. Same quarterback probably lives in his mom's basement.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
How do you know it's a lie?
There is zero evidence he won the election, and there was congressional testimony that he was told he lost the election yet he continued (continues) to spread the lie. But you’re trying to redirect the argument away from the original point.

The discussion is about absolute free speech. If someone intentionally lies to a group of people which motivates them to attempt to overthrow the government because they believe the lie, does the person have the right to do that? Is that what absolute free speech is?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
As an inadvertent supporter (I own Tesla cars, solar and stock), I used to think Elon was your normal, run of the mill eccentric engineering genius. But with his impulsive desire for attention, this insecure, immature little man is undoing much of the good his obsessive hard work has produced. Elons most ardent "followers" are clearly blind to this Tourettes like behaviour which will only increase in volume and magnitude when applied using his most recently acquired toy. Chief Twit indeed.

I strongly support this Forums "no politics" policy. If only Elon had the wisdom to do the same ...
I'd say that under his high public scrutiny it's just more visible now. I personally don't care - it's irrelevant to his business products. importantly, he is in the Asperger scale which means he does not perceive the world or interact in it like you and I do.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

I haven't seen any posts by Elon on this forum, let alone political ones, but I do agree with you that the world would be a better place if he would keep his views to himself. 'We' can say things publicly because we have no clout, but he does. No matter what he says people will listen. It is unfair, but that is life.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.