Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Musk has stated that unemployment in the Bay Area is “negative”. Everywhere I go I see signs for fast food and other businesses hiring *well above* minimum wage. Lots and lots of businesses having trouble keeping staffed up.

I think it’s hard to argue right now that employment is difficult to come by for anyone looking to work.

Now *inflation*… that’s a whole other question.
Certain types of employment, yes. I am very specialized and jobs have always been and will remain in short supply. It isn’t a big deal because I started down the road of retirement …. Just saying.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Do you really want to talk politics here, and do you really think that you have a solid argument, or are you just blowing off steam? I prefer to see this forum remain as unpolitical as possible. Your statement is 100% political.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Is that a serious question? You don't see an issue with where the government spending is currently? Current inflation and gas prices are most certainly due to an inept administration, not COVID, not Ukrainian being invaded but WH choices to what I believe purposely make people want to ask the goverme t to save them. All by design. Follow the money.
This discussion no longer has value to me. Economic policy flows across administrations, as do wars. You can ‘try’ to pin it (whatever) on a particular administration or person but all it really shows is that you are shortsighted.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This discussion no longer has value to me. Economic policy flows across administrations, as do wars. You can ‘try’ to pin it (whatever) on a particular administration or person but all it really shows is that you are shortsighted.
Seems like the older a thread gets, the more likely it degrades into political nonsense.

I wish they would just auto-close discussions after a set time or page limit.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Is that a serious question? You don't see an issue with where the government spending is currently? Current inflation and gas prices are most certainly due to an inept administration, not COVID, not Ukrainian being invaded but WH choices to what I believe purposely make people want to ask the goverme t to save them. All by design. Follow the money.
Yes, of course it's a serious question.

The reason it's serious is the same reason as why you didn't actually answer it, but gave a bunch of unrelated events instead.

An inept administration raise oil prices around the world? So the US government has to tighten its belt? This is gibberish.

C'mon. Either stand up and say what needs to be cut or sit it out. Don't politic up people's lives.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Autoclose would seem rude, and politics are everywhere, so a bit of leeway is required to attribute some responsibility in discourse.

No need to censor everyone because of one.

We all know fuel prices are mostly fabricated by artificially limiting production, as is all fiat currency, and along with it tax and government budgets, and Ukraine is a pawn being used by both sides to replace Covid fears to control the narative and with it the people.

Blaming one side of politics is juvenile simply because there is no side of a entirely corrupt system that is justified.

It would seem that Teslas Giga Berlin is being regarded as a symbol of how things must change to promote sustainable development. All governments are subject to technological change as the private sector dictates innovation.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Autoclose would seem rude, and politics are everywhere, so a bit of leeway is required to attribute some responsibility in discourse.
I disagree.

The topic of the thread is “Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!!”.

People clicking on that would reasonably expect to find comments related to that topic.

If the comments are no longer relating to that topic, it would be most polite to the reader to close the thread. People can open a new one about whatever politics they want to bang on about and people who want to bang heads with them can do so in the appropriate thread.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I disagree.

The topic of the thread is “Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!!”.

People clicking on that would reasonably expect to find comments related to that topic.

If the comments are no longer relating to that topic, it would be most polite to the reader to close the thread. People can open a new one about whatever politics they want to bang on about and people who want to bang heads with them can do so in the appropriate thread.
I can agree if the arguments are sustained over a period, but there is always a very large proportion of irrelevant banter on each thread because we are operating in a CT information vacuum.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
...and Ukraine is a pawn being used by both sides to replace Covid fears to control the narative and with it the people.
Both sides?

What does this have to do with reality, or the Cybertruck?

C'mon.

'Both sides' didn't invade a country and make oil supplies unreliable.

'Replace COVID'? Are you actually denying that a million extra. people died? That it was made up? More people died in the pandemic - that we actually worked to mitigate - than have died from the flu over the last several decades combined.

That's pretty damn scary. And here I thought cars with less safety features than Teslas were scary. And that's a difference of hundreds of thousandths in scale.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
How are oil supplies unreliable?

The US predominantly self reliant. Middle East outputs have been restricted since Covid and they have yet to decide to open the tap.

Sure Russia supplies to Europe, but they do to China etc too, so their predicament will mean Russian oil will be sold for less to them, which in turn will reduce the price elsewhere as China reduces demand on the rest of the world accordingly. Remember oil is regulated by quotas and OPEC dictates supply distribution.

Unlike Iraq, Ukraine is not an oil exporter.

The extent it is relevant to CT should be obvious, CT can only be produced at low cost using fossil fuel energy, hence why EM is also calling for increasing oil production. Remember we are still transitioning to RE.

As for "both sides", the US track record for invasions and disgraceful retreats is what lead to the situation in the first place, look at Afghanistan, because the US military and commander in chief are not seen as a credible deterrent at all. Disillusioned and disorganised, let alone fractioned and unmotivated. Timing is everything, and Russia exploited that weakness.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How are oil supplies unreliable?
Uhh, ask the people who are buying up all the oil futures based upon a major world oil producer invading another country right where they also export most of their oil?

The US predominantly self reliant.
Oil producers can, you know, sell it to those people denied oil by Russia and not you, right?

Middle East outputs have been restricted since Covid and they have yet to decide to open the tap.
https://ycharts.com/indicators/opec_crude_oil_production
Check out the decline over the last five years. Their ability to produce oil has been going down.

Remember oil is regulated by quotas and OPEC dictates supply distribution.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...ur-countrys-oil-comes-from-russia-interactive
OPEC only controls 40% of the world's production.

Unlike Iraq, Ukraine is not an oil exporter.
Irrelevant if war means Russian oil can't flow through or past, which it would have to do.

As for "both sides", the US track record for...
That sounds like Russian propaganda. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And did you forget the Russian invasion of Afghanistan? What the ever loving eff. The Taliban (and al Qaeda) formed as refugees during the civil war that followed their withdrawal.

This is a truck forum, but geez, denial of millions of deaths and blaming war upon those who aren't even involved is pretty petty.

-Crissa

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Uhh, ask the people who are buying up all the oil futures based upon a major world oil producer invading another country right where they also export most of their oil?

Oil producers can, you know, sell it to those people denied oil by Russia and not you, right?

https://ycharts.com/indicators/opec_crude_oil_production
Check out the decline over the last five years. Their ability to produce oil has been going down.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022...ur-countrys-oil-comes-from-russia-interactive
OPEC only controls 40% of the world's production.

Irrelevant is it means Russian oil can't flow through or past, which it would have to do.

That sounds like Russian propaganda. Two wrongs don't make a right.

And did you forget the Russian invasion of Afghanistan? What the ever loving eff. The Taliban (and al Qaeda) formed as refugees during the civil war that followed their withdrawal.

This is a truck forum, but geez, denial of millions of deaths and blaming war upon those who aren't even involved is pretty petty.

-Crissa
Your arguments are baseless because they are not relevant to my arguments.

Oil reserves have nothing to do with oil production rates.

There's still decades of known reserves, so bringing a few months of production forwards to counteract Russias 11% of production is trivial, let alone that Russia consumes 40% of that themselves and that won't stop now either, another 15% to China and so on that are not part of any sanctions whatsoever. As such the shortage because of Russia can only be less than 5% of supply. As Russia oil price drops more oil will be bought by China/India etc and is already in negotiation as we speak, meaning their demand from the wests oil supply will be less. So now we're talking about a 5% dip in the wests oil supply, for which there's ample supply to compensate for, especially as the east goes looking for cheap Russian oil instead.

As for the US war exploits and comparing them to Russia's, that's a fairly low bar to justify anything. They are equally wrong. My point is simply Russia seized an opportune moment where the self proclaimed global police were sleepy. This is not political, just pragmatic logical reasoning that I'm sure Russia was waiting for to exploit. And until now it has worked.

It's also probably more appropriate to discuss this in the Gas Prices thread.

As for Covid related talk, you are relying on the fact that testing is meaningful, yet it is common knowledge, also amongst professionals of that field, that tests like the PCR and RAT cannot distinguish between the flu or Covid by themselves. Have you forgotten that at the beginning of the pandemic there wasn't even a test they could use to detect it, and as a result borders were shut as they coerced the PCR test (which was invented in 1983, not 2020) as a short term bridge until one was developed, which in turn never happened? You need a full DNA sequence to do that, which is btw why it takes so long to detect and confirm new strains. Accordingly, feel free to reassess your pre-digested regurgitation of media nonsense.

(Disclaimer: to be clear I'm not disputing that "something" happened, rather that what it was, was not as claimed. This is all the same agenda of lies and deceit to enable division and fear)

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ahh, yes, my arguments are baseless, because you just decided things, and then stated things.

You're the one here diminishing the deaths of millions of people to covid. The one here blaming a vicious military invasion to topple a democratically elected government. The one who brought it up to ignore that this would cut off oil supplies.

And yes, those American oil producers don't have to sell you oil. Not if someone overseas will buy it.

Testing has nothing to do with millions of excess deaths. Deaths you are denying. It's... cruel and disgusting. Akin to Holocaust denial.
https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Ahh, yes, my arguments are baseless, because you just decided things, and then stated things.

You're the one here diminishing the deaths of millions of people to covid. The one here blaming a vicious military invasion to topple a democratically elected government. The one who brought it up to ignore that this would cut off oil supplies.

And yes, those American oil producers don't have to sell you oil. Not if someone overseas will buy it.

Testing has nothing to do with millions of excess deaths. Deaths you are denying. It's... cruel and disgusting. Akin to Holocaust denial.
https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

-Crissa
You are hilarious and somewhat unhinged. Not a single original thought, just pure regurgitation with all the typical bias and counterarguments. At least be true to yourself and say something every now and then that you came up with all by yourself. ;)

You said those things and made those comparisons, not me. :(

I specifically said "something" happened to cause those deaths, but it is not what it is being claimed what happened, simply because there is no empirical proof that the testing can tell if it was Covid or the flu. Every life is precious, but me lying to myself that it was an alien invasion, or a sunspot on flatearth does not make it so, even if I am driven to the mob herd that falsely believes in the same misinformation I do.

Regarding oil; I said they are baseless because they did not disprove my argument, simply because you were stating oil reserves instead of oil production rates. Further you dismiss how oil distribution and pricing affects supply, or the extent of what the shortage actually is, and where the Russian oil actually goes in comparison to world supply.

The perceived shortage therefore remains another lie to create fear for profit.

(Remember this was the primary statement that provoked a response from you:
"We all know fuel prices are mostly fabricated by artificially limiting production, as is all fiat currency, and along with it tax and government budgets, and Ukraine is a pawn being used by both sides to replace Covid fears to control the narrative and with it the people."
Either way the "fear" is real and compels people to act accordingly. Fear is due to the lack of truthful information, easy to do if the lies self perpetuate through social media where bad news is the best revenue for advertising aka via you!)

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Something to look at and make assumptions from:
Tesla Cybertruck ? Quad Motor Cybertruck and Crab Walk (Independent Front & Rear Wheel Steering) Confirmed!! UkrainTrade-Infographic-9
Sponsored