Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
You guys who are broken-hearted are nuts. The images and footage were all I needed.

What did you expect, for Elon to say they're actually starting production next week? I'm pumped because he's repeating "next year".

No, "...hopefully".
No, "...we're still working on".
No, "We're shooting for...".

Elon didn't do a long pause followed by, "next year", like he did when he said the Optimus robot beta would be built. That shit ain't coming next year.

He solidly repeated "CT is definitely coming next year." THAT is the news. The removal of doubt is what gets me pumped. If he came out and mentioned a whole bunch of new features, and said "hopefully"- I'd be pissed.
Agree completely. Sure no detailed specs and pricing revisions, but no one actually thought that was going to happen.

He was more than deliberate about next year production begins on CT. Also the CT on stage was the newest one with curved windshield, side view mirrors and BAW. Seeing it in clear video with Musk standing next to it completely took away any doubt I had about the size of the truck shrinking and the bed being shorter than advertised. That thing is f'n huge! The bed could easily fit Elon in it! I am way more excited about this truck now as it is just massive and angular and feature abundant!

It's a beast!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Other facts which sort of slid by:

Largest factory in the world by volume.
You can fit 194 billion hamsters in Giga Texas.

Considering Tesla is very good at making factories extremely productive per square foot, that means it will almost certainly be the most productive auto factory in the world bar none.

Over time Giga Texas will also be the biggest battery cell factory in the world.

Did I mention 194 billion hamsters?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Agree completely. Sure no detailed specs and pricing revisions, but no one actually thought that was going to happen.

He was more than deliberate about next year production begins on CT. Also the CT on stage was the newest one with curved windshield, side view mirrors and BAW. Seeing it in clear video with Musk standing next to it completely took away any doubt I had about the size of the truck shrinking and the bed being shorter than advertised. That thing is f'n huge! The bed could easily fit Elon in it! I am way more excited about this truck now as it is just massive and angular and feature abundant!

It's a beast!!
From what I could tell the stage CT didn't have a curved windscreen, but I think it had 4WS if its the same one from the garage video.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Musk said they are planning on rolling out FSD Beta to the entire US fleet by year end.
He's said that before. And I don't mean, he said they hoped to be feature complete, I mean, he's said several times this year that they plan to the entire fleet.

Of course, that probably still requires a safety score.

-Crissa

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

Considering Tesla is very good at making factories extremely productive per square foot, that means it will almost certainly be the most productive auto factory in the world bar none.

Over time Giga Texas will also be the biggest battery cell factory in the world.

Be like
Tesla Cybertruck 🤠 LIVESTREAMING NOW: Cyber Rodeo Event Featuring Cybertruck 1649415919711

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
That was a Big reveal. Said it like it was only worth a mention. Ohhhh BTW, if you are a shareholder, we are going to make you much richer sooner than you think !!!

Tesla will have a special purpose built moving lounge room.
This will be fairly low volume IMHO, and I bet if fits in a Boring Co tunnel.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This will be fairly low volume IMHO, and I bet if fits in a Boring Co tunnel.
Yea agree. I don't know for sure, but maybe the tunnel system only being one direction and not on public roads, may allow people to sit sideways.. Or whatever way. The vehicle Musk is talking about may not be allowed on public roads.

However, it's a step.

I always thought autonomy for Tesla will not be like throwing a switch.. I think it will be a process. Perhaps areas where 4.8 is perfectly capable... and there would be lots of opportunity around the world.

I think this vehicle would be the first step in such a process, and the next step will be quick.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag

The missing link for me is when musk once said… along the lines of :
'I think factories can be 10-30 times more efficient, the space within is underutilised'

So is Austin 10-30 times more efficient than VW's largest factory, which produces 450,000 cars per year ?

500,000 model Y's,Semi, CT etc ... doesn't sound like 10-30 times more efficient, maybe 3 times more efficient.

It doesn't compute.

Major sandbagging ?

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The missing link for me is when musk once said… along the lines of :
'I think factories can be 10-30 times more efficient, the space within is underutilised'

So is Austin 10-30 times more efficient than VW's largest factory, which produces 450,000 cars per year ?

500,000 model Y's,Semi, CT etc ... doesn't sound like 10-30 times more efficient, maybe 3 times more efficient.

It doesn't compute.

Major sandbagging ?
I agree, always a bit of showmanship hyperbole. I also noticed that the plant layout really gets messed up with CT production, unless each floor is dedicated to a vehicle product line and the functional areas are copied vertically. But then what is the future space? Other product lines?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think future production is for Semi and CT, Robotaxi and Robot.

Cell, casting, stamping, plastics, drive unit,paint areas would be shared with other models too. Is general assembly for Model Y only ?

Now thinking about it, Elon is probable aiming 500,000 model Y production... not capacity.

Given that Model Y is sharing 90% odd of this picture, we could be looking at 3 million production capacity.?

Tesla Cybertruck 🤠 LIVESTREAMING NOW: Cyber Rodeo Event Featuring Cybertruck 1649424771823

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
From what I could tell the stage CT didn't have a curved windscreen, but I think it had 4WS if its the same one from the garage video.
I actually think the stage one has the curved windshield. It has the arced edge at the top like the curved windshield seen previously compared to the straight top edged version from the original. Also when he's on stage and the camera pans around from front to side as Elon starts, you can see the windshield arcs outward enough to see the surface of it from the side. And it's also got the big ass wiper on it. I doubt they would be sticking a wiper onto an older revision.. Or more specifically, putting an old revision front and center on stage as he's saying there have been many updates to the design. The curved windshield's curve is being over exaggerated in everyone's minds on here, from lack of information and not physically seeing it in person. We saw it last night. It's not as massively curved as you all think! It's hardly noticeable unless you examine with a fine eye for details!
Sponsored