If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I hope so. Lately tesla has been pocketing the profit from Their increase in production, which is sad to see when they sold themselves as aiming to make EVs the most affordable option.
yeah inflation is their fault.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That is nearly $115,000 CAD. Add in FSD, taxes, delivery, its close to $135,000. Cyberquad for another $15k. Not gonna happen...

I just need a big battery. I don't need extra motors. Sadly, I fear the CT is slipping out of reach.
To save on import tax, Is the FSD included in the import price , or added later as an addon.

Anyone in Australia know ?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Lets get some context around this. Not random speculation.

Replying to a tweet that says the single motor truck is being eliminated, and there will be a 2,3, and 4 motor truck; Musk said there will be a 4 motor variant. He didn’t say anything about eliminating the tri motor.

Thats it. The idea that they would remove the tri motor configuration was all pure speculation.

People need to keep a handle on reality versus speculation.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Everything is speculation and waste of time at this point however that speculation makes a lot of sense to me. They always stick with base, LR, performance and possible plaid. This could mean a base dual, LR Dual and then quad performance version and then possible plaid. I foresee them dropping single motor, this would make their production more streamlined,Tesla is not a company with a million models.

If the quad motor is 90k then I’ll just wait for the LR dual.
I think that is very likely what we will see.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I’m sorry …but Tesla needs to weed these people out. The first reservation should be honored on multiple orders from single person so people like myself can receive in the CT in a timely fashion. Just because you have an extra $500 to blow on reservations shouldn’t push us poor single reservation holders to the bottom of the Queue.
I would have no issues whatsoever if they implemented a policy that for orders over 1 unit that a 1 year requirement of ownership be instated less the warranty be nontransferable. This would cut back on the scalpers but still allow legitimate people or business who need more than 1 CT still be able to purchase based on good faith.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
With the material shortages and the high demand i really think they might start production of the dual motor first. The shortages they are experiencing that will actually limit production are things like chips and batteries and tech stuff. Not steel, copper, glass, plastic. So if they can make as many CTs as possible with a set battery supply, why sell one quad motor 200+kWh truck and make (90k x 30%) 27k profit when you can use the same battery supply and make 2 trucks and make (2x 65k x 30%) 39k profit. I think Elon doesn't really want to make a 600 mile range vehicle. Based on that logic, I am very hopeful that they will utilize the limiting resources to maximize profit and fingers are crossed for the dual motor first.
The above scenario makes perfect sense *when* the CT production lines are running at full scale like say 1 year after the first one rolls off of the line. When they first start trickling out though, batteries will doubtfully be a constraining factory and it will be the production line itself. In this case, the profits could very well be larger for the CT with the larger battery packs.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I would have no issues whatsoever if they implemented a policy that for orders over 1 unit that a 1 year requirement of ownership be instated less the warranty be nontransferable. This would cut back on the scalpers but still allow legitimate people or business who need more than 1 CT still be able to purchase based on good faith.
This would probably be illegal in the US.