If Quad Motor Cybertruck is $89,900, are you still in?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Agreed. Dual Motor configured and I will just be patient.

I also have a pre-price hike 835hp Rivian R1T Quad Motor and Ford Lightning reserved. One of these will hold me over until the Dual Motor Cybertruck goes into production in 2024/2025.
With the material shortages and the high demand i really think they might start production of the dual motor first. The shortages they are experiencing that will actually limit production are things like chips and batteries and tech stuff. Not steel, copper, glass, plastic. So if they can make as many CTs as possible with a set battery supply, why sell one quad motor 200+kWh truck and make (90k x 30%) 27k profit when you can use the same battery supply and make 2 trucks and make (2x 65k x 30%) 39k profit. I think Elon doesn't really want to make a 600 mile range vehicle. Based on that logic, I am very hopeful that they will utilize the limiting resources to maximize profit and fingers are crossed for the dual motor first.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am expecting 20% hit across the board. But they'll soften the blow with some dope feature that weren't touted in the unveil(roll down back glass, maybe mid gate, draining frunk). Cheap gimmicks..
it may be that after full production starts and volume increases, folks with higher reservation numbers will benefit and see lower prices.as in price reductions

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With the material shortages and the high demand i really think they might start production of the dual motor first. The shortages they are experiencing that will actually limit production are things like chips and batteries and tech stuff. Not steel, copper, glass, plastic. So if they can make as many CTs as possible with a set battery supply, why sell one quad motor 200+kWh truck and make (90k x 30%) 27k profit when you can use the same battery supply and make 2 trucks and make (2x 65k x 30%) 39k profit. I think Elon doesn't really want to make a 600 mile range vehicle. Based on that logic, I am very hopeful that they will utilize the limiting resources to maximize profit and fingers are crossed for the dual motor first.
maybe they will build the tri-motor also until supplies line gets better.....that would suit me

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla advertised a price. They knew that resources were going to get harder to compete for, that inflation would happen, that delays might happen.

Tesla has not put out any pricing guidance for almost nine months, but they waited until then to pull the prices from the website.

So why are you so certain there would be a nearly 30% price increase? (Let alone the 45+% banded about) Hase Tesla done that before?

-Crissa
maybe they pulled pricing so that no more would be purchased/reserved at that price given they seem to always keep the price of early reservations.....just hoping

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Baseless? Look at current Rivian R1T Quad Motor pricing.

The Cybertruck will have more high tech features and RWS. The Quad Motor Cybertruck will probably beat GM’s 1,000 HP Hummer spec as well. The SS wedge is going to be a beast.
Capability has nothing to do with pricing, though. Tesla's Model S Plaid beats supercars around the track, yet they didn't price it at the same level of cars that could match it.

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
it may be that after full production starts and volume increases, folks with higher reservation numbers will benefit and see lower prices.as in price reductions
I hope so. Lately tesla has been pocketing the profit from Their increase in production, which is sad to see when they sold themselves as aiming to make EVs the most affordable option.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
For what it's worth, to be devils advocate to those HOPING for a sky high super cool quad motor out the gate(I personally hope for a dual).... Tesla feels SO GOOD about production, they have a robotaxi in development being prepped for unveil and manufacturing shortly after in 2024.

The says..

A. Cybertruck looks like it'll start earlier in the year than later
B. They feel good enough about supply on parts that they can ramp not only Cybertruck(but supposedly also Semi / Roadster too), AND intro a new model that is very important to their bottom line.

I think we start seeing Cybertruck Q1 being delivereies, with an unveil late 2022 with pricing and details. Maybe on the 3 year initial unveil anniversary, that'd be cute.

If you just go watch recent drone flights in Texas, "future production" area is open walled and you can see in, look back... There is a lot of stuff in there. Not necessarily set up, but ready to be set up.

We aren't far away guys. I believe it wholly. People will start seeing configure your truck emails end of year hopefully. Deliveries in late January/ early Feb.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
multiple sources are pretty certain the trimotor is getting replaced with the quad.

Everything is speculation and waste of time at this point however that speculation makes a lot of sense to me. They always stick with base, LR, performance and possible plaid. This could mean a base dual, LR Dual and then quad performance version and then possible plaid. I foresee them dropping single motor, this would make their production more streamlined,Tesla is not a company with a million models.

If the quad motor is 90k then I’ll just wait for the LR dual.

Last edited:

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I hope so. Lately tesla has been pocketing the profit from Their increase in production, which is sad to see when they sold themselves as aiming to make EVs the most affordable option.
While I agree with you in principle but practically speaking they have to make money to make more cars. They are planning 70-80% growth YOY and Giga factories aren’t cheap especially these days. Plus with each model price raised almost 10k there is still a year wait so imagine if they lowered the price, longer wait and people would just resell for 10k more which they are doing even today. So lowering the price would make user experience worse actually so might as well take that money and reinvest in more factories which will increase production and reduce the wait then price will come down. Tesla is THE most honest and ethical company I’ve ever seen in my life! Elon even went out of his way to pay as much Tax as he can during his last stock comp plan and paid the most amount of tax any individual or company has ever paid in history.

they currently have a good thing going and saving up for the next phase of giga growth, I can’t wait to see it!

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
This question is mainly for $69,990 Tri Motor reservation holders.

Hypothetical question here. Some industry experts are estimating that the base Quad Motor Cybertruck may start at $89,900 + $1200 destination fee ($91,100 total).

Tri Motor reservation holders, are you still in?

A6DDD926-3452-4B27-B42D-F3DBD8878233.jpeg
If tri motor is 79,999
I’m still in.

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Don't forget about the Federal Luxury Tax that was imposed at the start of this year.
10% Levy at $100,000 + 20% Levy for any amount above $100,00.01.

Meaning that a $135,000 CT would have an added Luxury Tax of $17,000 CAD ($10,000 + $7,000) (in addition to HST/GST, delivery, etc...).

Unless something has changed or a workaround has been established, I'm surprised no one who would be impacted hasn't been speaking out against this.
That makes me very angry. As if we aren't taxed enough already!!! FFS.

I wonder if you could get around it by purchasing it in the USA and importing it yourself.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That makes me very angry. As if we aren't taxed enough already!!! FFS.

I wonder if you could get around it by purchasing it in the USA and importing it yourself.
If you can afford a luxury vehicle, you can afford to pay a bit more.

And no, not unless you can buy it in the US for less than that in the exchange rate...

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
to quote Annakin Skywalker...... noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sponsored