Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
I wanna apologize to those who feel let down, I really do my best personally to not spread too much.....conjecture, but stick to facts. I wasn't preview'd the whole video, nor any portion - but I was provided with some information. Bumpers and winches. I actually made the image for Matthew to use of the Cybertruck showing the rugged bumper with the winch on it. We actually used a Raptor to take that bumper from, and I just matched it up on Cybertruck to show that.

I personally? I am not disappointed. Matthew is planning to release his dimension images next week. I also am sick of the milking but it's his info to do with as he pleases, we are lucky enough to get ANYTHING. He measured the truck himself with his iPhone app. I know there has been some claims that the app sucks, and it can. But, if you know how to use it - it works pretty well. See below I went and made my own example measuring my truck rear end.

That being said, Thanks to Matthew! Video is cool, we got some news. He stated to head with caution, things can change. And specifically, his dimensions could be off an inch or two.

1678483205270.jpeg
There's a 'Smart' end of a tape, and so it follows there's a 'Dumb' end.
I wait patiently for accurate numbers.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Overall I think his assessment and measurements are not those of a engineer or of a person with technical expertise. As such I would only give his assertions moderate relevance.

I don't believe the dimensions he made, for one the wheelbase is not the same as a same length F150. You can see this clearly on any photo comparison of the two. I also think he is missing 2-5' in the bed length.

Also his argument for the removal side sail storage, so that there is enough space for the standard 4WS "equipment" is completely illogical. There is no conceiveable steering geometry that can be housed beside the wheels behind the sail housing. It's just a rack and pinion like every other front steering linkage.

This is the whole assembly needed for steering, and is entirely contained within the width between the rear wheels ONLY.

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] images (40)

As such I think Franz's feature is actually full side sail lift storage, which they will announce themselves, and not via a journalist. There's too much space in the sails to waste.

I also still think the grill will lift with the frunk lid because of the side gaps, like the Lightning. The frunk will also be 2-3 times the size of the MX frunk.

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Well, this is actually bad news for me. 5 seats is a deal breaker.... Sucks to be a fan boy for 3 years to find out they won't have the 6th seat, my wife said she would make me stay home before one of the kids.
sell one kid.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
So, I am not going to let go of this 6 seat deal. The Y and X have 7 seat options and at one point we heard the S would be redesigned to have the 3rd row option. Why would they produce their largest most capable vehicle with only 5 seats. I just can't believe it. A ton of people are thinking about camping and family road trips. Usually you take the biggest vehicle on those trips to carry all that stuff. I bet they will have a 6 seat options and they just removed it from the base to use it as a $3k upsell. Those middle front seats can be pretty narrow, but when you need it, you need it.
Original Model S had the rear facing
21C 'JUMP_SEAT'
We could well see it AGAIN on
options ✓

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Haven’t watched the video yet.
I wanna apologize to those who feel let down, I really do my best personally to not spread too much.....conjecture, but stick to facts. I wasn't preview'd the whole video, nor any portion - but I was provided with some information. Bumpers and winches. I actually made the image for Matthew to use of the Cybertruck showing the rugged bumper with the winch on it. We actually used a Raptor to take that bumper from, and I just matched it up on Cybertruck to show that.

I personally? I am not disappointed. Matthew is planning to release his dimension images next week. I also am sick of the milking but it's his info to do with as he pleases, we are lucky enough to get ANYTHING. He measured the truck himself with his iPhone app. I know there has been some claims that the app sucks, and it can. But, if you know how to use it - it works pretty well. See below I went and made my own example measuring my truck rear end.

That being said, Thanks to Matthew! Video is cool, we got some news. He stated to head with caution, things can change. And specifically, his dimensions could be off an inch or two.
I think he found some interesting bits out. I might be grumpy about it but I appreciate it. It is about what my cynical self expected to be honest.

He did confirm a few things and brought us two interesting nuggets.
  • Confirmed 4WS is standard. Most of us suspected this.
  • Specs I don’t think are super reliable, but do confirm it is roughly the same size or only slightly smaller.
  • Dual motor comes first. I wish I was a touch more confident this was direct from a Tesla employee’s mouth.
  • Wheel options will be a thing.
  • Tesla is building accessories. Not surprise but good to have confirmation.
Dual motor first is the only big surprise.

PS: Just read the Twitter thread he posted maybe I missed something.

Miralf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 turbo convertible and Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Yes same reflexion

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Clearly looks like the whole front will be part of the frunk lid, like F150. Look at the panel gaps

a.jpg
I agree. How is that grill not one with the hood? Makes no sense. Also wouldn't there be a gap between the end of the hood and the light bar? I know Tesla's panel gaps have improved greatly over the years but that is seamless.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
His (MDR) statements cannot coexist. He estimated an 84" width but then said Tesla told him they shrunk it by 5% in ALL dimensions which aligns with what EM said, a 5% reduction in dimensions all around (see Jay Leno video). He also stated the 6th seat was removed as a result of the 5% reduction further indicating that includes width not just length.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
Well, this is actually bad news for me. 5 seats is a deal breaker.... Sucks to be a fan boy for 3 years to find out they won't have the 6th seat, my wife said she would make me stay home before one of the kids.
I want the 6-seater too but damn, some of you are having way too many children. Lol

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
His price prediction is all over the place. He thinks $90-110k? That defeats the entire purpose of this vehicle. I would bet my lifesavings against that prediction. If it had all the features of the X and S ( auto presenting doors, drivers display, etc.) I could see it happening, but they're not going for the high end market. No fucking way this thing is over the IRA $80k limit. I'll die on this hill, lol.
agreed
Sponsored