Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
He did get some time with Tesla folks and seems to have gotten some inside/ non-Public stuff.

He’s just extrapolated more out of it then what he actually got which makes it hard to separate the signal from the noise.
I agree that he has extrapolated from what he heard/saw and so I know he is neither a real journalist nor remotely an engineer. But we differ in that you say it is "hard to separate the signal from the noise" whereas I saw no signal at all. If I find a chip in any part of the story then the entire story (and, more notably, the story teller) is suspect.
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
The following additions were made to the owners manual in light of this:

Caution: Do not sit in Frunk while the vehicle is driving. While it may be comfortable, the open frunk obscures the driver’s view.

Extro Caution: Do not remove the frunk lid so you can sit in the frunk while the vehicle is driving. Squished humans are difficult to clean from frunk surfaces.
Lol, made my day!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If I find a chip in any part of the story then the entire story (and, more notably, the story teller) is suspect.
This is exactly what I meant. The guesswork is so bound up with the actual information it’s hard to tell what is real. And I agree that it puts the whole thing as suspect. But the fact that he was at the event and did talk to Tesla staff is pretty rock solid so there is definitely something there.

Pretty sure the Tesla accessories thing is legit.

The fact that it’s 5 seats only is not surprising and likely legit. (Just cements what we all suspected or feared)

The fact that there will be multiple tire options… well duh. Nice to know though I guess.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I consider myself in a similar position. However, I don’t choose to believe this thread. I’ll wait for more data. Then I’ll either be unhappy or not. Until then I say keep your pants on, especially if your family size is currently perfect for 6 seats. ;)
Subaru has your answer. Tesla can sell CyberBrat seats.
Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] brat

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Subaru has your answer. Tesla can sell CyberBrat seats.
brat.jpeg
Cybertruck has enough room to go the Beverly Hillbillie route and throw in the couch and rocker

Tesla Cybertruck 📡 EXCLUSIVE: Cybertruck specs update including dimensions, seating, displays, tires / wheels, accessories & more! [from video aired 3/10/23] 1678727845348

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Let’s be a bit more accurate: this guy is an events planner by profession, who happened to get a golden ticket to attend the investor event

He’s now pivoting to a side-gig of YouTube/Twitter influencer
@Administrator wrote that. I wouldn't exactly call him a journalist. ha

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Caution: Do not sit in Frunk while the vehicle is driving. While it may be comfortable, the open frunk obscures the driver’s view.

Extro Caution: Do not remove the frunk lid so you can sit in the frunk while the vehicle is driving. Squished humans are difficult to clean from frunk surfaces.
So Cybertruck actually seats 7 now, not even 6. It's just a dark ride.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So Cybertruck actually seats 7 now, not even 6. It's just a dark ride.
If you are talking about a dark ride... We could go back to the days of the dead babies jokes and estimate how many dead babies will fit in the frunk and bed. Not sure they count as passengers though if they are dead.

Rick b

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Founders roadster, trimotor cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Any update on:
- the disappearing pass thru rear wall behind rear seats still in place?
- rear seats fold down flat?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
What sharing the pre-production prototype with investors made abundantly clear (evidence is MDR's so-called 'reporting') is that many/most investors know nothing about the Cybertruck.
Sure, but important to make a couple of distinctions here:

First, MDR is a retail investor who got invited to one of 50 slots for such retail investors. The other people there are a different sort of investor.

Second, in my highlighting that this truck was put on display for investors, I’m primarily making a distinction between Tesla intentionally socializing a “pre-production prototype” with anyone, vs what otherwise are the sort of unsanctioned spy shots and accidental potato phone clips from construction workers, drones, etc., that have been offered up to date.

Socializing this prototype, with institutional investors, this close to Tesla’s purported production schedule, is the source of the valence of the prototype.

Not this MDR character’s unclear, attention-seeking, “journalism.”

Which I guess is to say, I wouldn’t confuse your estimation of MDR with the separate topic of Tesla’s signaling.

On that latter point, seems like one sort of has to decide:

(A) Tesla’s production timeline is in fact near term and so this prototype is likely getting very close to final, ot

(B) This prototype has little information value because Tesla, despite its assertions to the contrary, is still so far out from production that there’s time for anything to be possible.

ecotrials

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
On my Wrangler, it attaches at the bumper on two points via a tow bar. There is also the standard wiring harness to operate the turn/brake lights and air line to actuate the brake pedal in sync with the motorhome air brakes.

Regenerative braking while towing it would be nice that way it tops itself off while helping the motorhome stop faster. I guess based on what I've read though is that it needs engineering in order to work properly since the motors are always engaged and the CT would need to know when it's being towed in order to provide cooling, etc.

I also want it because with it's massive battery it would be a massive improvement when dry camping. I have to run my generator twice to charge the batteries, a couple hours in the morning and a couple hours at night to keep the 7.2 kwh (half that usable) battery bank from going too low. Obviously I could go a week or more plugged into the CT w/o needing to charge.
Yikes! What is your towing vehicle and what kind of mileage do you get? Even if it could be towed,
that is like towing a reasonably good sized travel trailer behind your rig. What kind of mileage were you hoping for when towing the CT? BTW, adding regen while towing imho be SO expensive, to simulate just toss out a couple of anchors and drag them along for a test :)

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag

This is extra funny because over on Twitter, some "expert" was saying that the whole grill on the CT cannot go up with the hood because the headlights are integrated there and the law says they have to remain facing forward. I suppose that's so the driver can see at night if he happens to be driving with the hood up.

Oh, my bad. That's why Tesla made the Frunk comfortable... so you can have a spotter up there.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
They gave rides at investor day. 50 people were given a color specific band that admitted them to a ride in the 2nd Cybertruck that had the different wheels, and dusty Windshield wiper pattern

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
They gave rides at investor day. 50 people were given a color specific band that admitted them to a ride in the 2nd Cybertruck that had the different wheels, and dusty Windshield wiper pattern
whenever we see these events, there are a hundred iPhones in the air taking photos and video.

then we go to IG, YT, etc., and there’s a single 15 second potatophone video of the right quarter panel
Sponsored