Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
great, just had not seen anything about it and Jos has not said anything on it in a couple pf days
They are not allowed to deliver anything in the state until the next TX government meets which is a long way off. Not sure how the making "Deliveries" - might be to out of state buyers?
Sponsored

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
From what I could tell the stage CT didn't have a curved windscreen, but I think it had 4WS if its the same one from the garage video.
All of the CT's that were on display had a curved windscreen, there's a distinct bubble effect.

Tesla Cybertruck 🤠 LIVESTREAMING NOW: Cyber Rodeo Event Featuring Cybertruck tesla cybertruck frunk

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I actually think the stage one has the curved windshield. It has the arced edge at the top like the curved windshield seen previously compared to the straight top edged version from the original. Also when he's on stage and the camera pans around from front to side as Elon starts, you can see the windshield arcs outward enough to see the surface of it from the side. And it's also got the big ass wiper on it. I doubt they would be sticking a wiper onto an older revision.. Or more specifically, putting an old revision front and center on stage as he's saying there have been many updates to the design. The curved windshield's curve is being over exaggerated in everyone's minds on here, from lack of information and not physically seeing it in person. We saw it last night. It's not as massively curved as you all think! It's hardly noticeable unless you examine with a fine eye for details!
I just rewatched the show on stage and the video of the CT that drove in, and there is no indication of a curve on the windscreen or roof apex from multiple angles.

I don't think any of the CTs at the show had curved windscreens. The CT from the track had a massive completely noticeable curve, from nearly any angle, even the back.

Tesla Cybertruck 🤠 LIVESTREAMING NOW: Cyber Rodeo Event Featuring Cybertruck images (12)

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The missing link for me is when musk once said… along the lines of :
'I think factories can be 10-30 times more efficient, the space within is underutilised'

So is Austin 10-30 times more efficient than VW's largest factory, which produces 450,000 cars per year ?

500,000 model Y's,Semi, CT etc ... doesn't sound like 10-30 times more efficient, maybe 3 times more efficient.

It doesn't compute.

Major sandbagging ?
The world tends to go like this.

Musk makes some insane goal 2-3 years out. There are big claims nobody else could conceive of being done in 10+ years, so Musk and Tesla get ridiculed for it. Tesla misses the deadline. More ridicule, and complaining. Eventually Tesla delivers this thing nobody thought was possible 12 months late.

Nobody remembers or cares that 4 years prior everyone thought it was completely impossible. All they remember is that Tesla missed their deadline.

I think Musk is trying to skip that step. Now he announces things which would be difficult and ambitious for anyone but Tesla and he announces more vague timelines. Only then once they achieve that… does he continue to push to deliver much much more than anyone else would do.

So yes. I think GF Texas will hit 5m+ units/ year. It’ll just take a few years.

The public struggles to deal with 2 year plans (Look at the frustration over the Cybertruck). Not sandbagging. I think Musk has just learned to set public expectations based on shorter timelines.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Homer Simpson drooling, um.... my Cybertruck!

Then the market was not so impressed. Tesla stock promptly drop 1.6%.

Oh well, there is always next year (as Elon promised and I accept his apology).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The missing link for me is when musk once said… along the lines of :
'I think factories can be 10-30 times more efficient, the space within is underutilised'

So is Austin 10-30 times more efficient than VW's largest factory, which produces 450,000 cars per year ?

500,000 model Y's,Semi, CT etc ... doesn't sound like 10-30 times more efficient, maybe 3 times more efficient.

It doesn't compute.

Major sandbagging ?
https://insideevs.com/news/460730/vw-wants-produce-evs-10-hours/

Factories are made hodge-podge, compromises, cost-saving. They aren't usually optimized. German and Japanese factories tend to be super-optimized compared to American - we tend to set it up to work then squeeze out the long tail while they keep reorganizing to get things down to a tighter process.

Tesla has taken that to an extreme. That's why no big pile of options. Being able to crank out car after car is more important than saving a few dollars on a pre-order of gee-gaws. Let the engineers save money on the next order of them by eliminating parts.

-Crissa

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
They are not allowed to deliver anything in the state until the next TX government meets which is a long way off. Not sure how the making "Deliveries" - might be to out of state buyers?
Bet no one gives a crap and they delivered anyways.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They can't sell in Texas, they can deliver. Crazy, right? Other states they can't do either.

-Crissa

gillfoto

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y 2021, Tundra DC 4x4 SR5 TRD 07.
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thats all folks! 😭

Well at least we have been told yet again by EM that it is coming. That should be enough.

And we got a bunch of new photos...
Where is the best place to check out these New Cybertruck photos?

Should the webmaster create a Gallery Page for Vehicles?

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
The public struggles to deal with 2 year plans (Look at the frustration over the Cybertruck). Not sandbagging. I think Musk has just learned to set public expectations based on shorter timelines.
Totally has got to be some lessons learned here, but I don't doubt there is truly just sandbagging at this point. It seems very much pencils down and that they're figuring out intricacies at this point. Not giving any specs? No dimensions? That to me is sandbagging.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
That was a Big reveal. Said it like it was only worth a mention. Ohhhh BTW, if you are a shareholder, we are going to make you much richer sooner than you think !!!

Tesla will have a special purpose built moving lounge room.
Technically the Robotaxi/minibus was mentioned in the masterplan part 2. It was just waiting for FSD to get closer.