Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Just saw it today. No way no how will the sail pillars be storage
If you mean the little triangle in the sail pillar I agree with you. It's a very limited amount storage space. Also, I took a photo of the Prototype with damage to the sharp corner of the Sail storage door. It's VERY pointy.
Now on the other hand, I do think Tesla rethought the idea, and came up with a plan to use the whole quarter panel as a door for storage. Which would be like the Ram box and others. I've mentioned this before. The rear quarter panel is a separate single piece of sheet metal. There's a significant gap above the rear passenger doors, It sticks up about 1/8th of an inch above the top of the bed cap. And strangely is a straight cut at the back, sticking out beyond the tailgate. Plus, it's long on the bottom. It just looks like a door to me.

The top 2 photos are from SoCalSteve (member of this forum) during his visit at a showroom.

Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price socalstevehi

Notice how the lights reflect on the inside/bottom of the "doors". :)
Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price socalstevelow

This shows the bent pointy end of the door on the prototype. (photo by me)
Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price damage
Sponsored

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I do think Tesla rethought the idea, and came up with a plan to use the whole quarter panel as a door for storage. Which would be like the Ram box and others. I've mentioned this before. The rear quarter panel is a separate single piece of sheet metal.
If you’re suggesting you think the rear QPs somehow swing up to reveal storage, that’s not happening

there’s effectively zero room behind those QPs (eg between panel and castings), we’ve seen the QP fastening points on the panels (no hinging)c we’ve seen the casting attachment points (no hinging), and - separately - just no 🤣

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
my crystal ball(s):

CT dual-motor starting at $59999 + add mix & match options for another up to $15,000 or so. most people will likely choose a subset of options.

a more distant "hurricane-path" style guess puts the CT dual motor between $54,999 -$64,999 base price

make your bets!
Why say you're willing to pay 20% more? Or 30%? Money burning a hole in your pocket?

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
If you’re suggesting you think the rear QPs somehow swing up to reveal storage, that’s not happening

there’s effectively zero room behind those QPs (eg between panel and castings), we’ve seen the QP fastening points on the panels (no hinging)c we’ve seen the casting attachment points (no hinging), and - separately - just no 🤣
So, maybe in a week or so, one of us will be right. And, will be able to say, "I told you so". :)

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Just as Elon Tweeted a while back I predict that the flagship Cybertruck trim (Tri Motor ?) will be the 1st trim going into production. We may not even hear about Dual Motor pricing until it goes into production sometime in 2024.

I have given up speculating on pricing. Only 5 more days of waiting.

I do think that the answers @ED_SFO got from a CT validation engineer were spot on however:

This unit is a tri motor
- They are testing the newer 4680 higher density cells in this vehicle.
- tri motor are not using plaid motors at all
- new motors are higher TQ units with different gear ratios than anything else.
- lots of one off parts specifically for CT
- doesn't look like it has air compressor hookup from the vault
- they are only working on one pack at the moment for tri motor
- Dual motor pack isn't ready yet.
- efficiency should be around 400 watt/mi better than 500 watt/mi for sure.
- first edition pricing should be in the 90s.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I do think that the answers @ED_SFO got from a CT validation engineer were spot on however:

I don’t know what was said or intended by what was said, but this seems to be a misleading or confused statement

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
I hope they would announce a jeep wrangler type vehicle alternative. Just bare bones 4 motors...4 seats...good sound system and 400 miles of range on 35" tires of rock crawling deliciousness. Lol
Well Jeep is coming out with the Recon next year. Not quite bare bones and probably pricey but a step in the right direction. They’ve said they’ll do a Wrangler BEV too. They started selling their first full EV, the Avenger, outside the US. Is kind of nice but no offroad beast.

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
Just as Elon Tweeted a while back I predict that the flagship Cybertruck trim (Tri Motor ?) will be the 1st trim going into production. We may not even hear about Dual Motor pricing until it goes into production sometime in 2024.

I have given up speculating on pricing. Only 5 more days of waiting.

This unit is a tri motor
- They are testing the newer 4680 higher density cells in this vehicle.
- tri motor are not using plaid motors at all
- new motors are higher TQ units with different gear ratios than anything else.
- lots of one off parts specifically for CT
- doesn't look like it has air compressor hookup from the vault
- they are only working on one pack at the moment for tri motor
- efficiency should be around 400 watt/mi better than 500 watt/mi for sure.
- first edition pricing should be in the 90s.
So far the showroom vins are dual motor :(

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I don’t know what was said or intended by what was said, but this seems to be a misleading or confused statement
We will know in 5 days...the engineer I spoke with was dealing with the electrical architecture side, so he knows what systems he needs to feed power to, whole thing is electric so I believe him for what it's worth. But who knows ? He provided info that no one else has gotten and it all makes sense to me. I was guessing 135 kwh battery and he said nope....but guessing an exact number is pretty hard.

Can they hit 500+ miles on a tri motor

LexusCyber

First Name
Marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LS460 AWD V8
Country flag
As a customer I obviously would like to pay the least $$$ for most value.

That being said ,
Why say you're willing to pay 20% more? Or 30%? Money burning a hole in your pocket?

-Crissa

as a customer I obviously want to pay least $$$ for most value.

yet in the case of CT, from a Tesla company perspective, this pricing exercise can turn quite profitable if done right

CT is far ahead tech wise. Demand is very high, prices increased on everything by 10%-20% in the last couple of years, they have demand for production for the next 3yrs+. For these reasons someone may see an opportunity to fill company coffers faster to finance future strategic development. My 2 cents…personally I want the dual motor at $59,999… pipe dream I say, and that is by bet… for an early Christmas. 😀

Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price IMG_0172

larrygoldberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
Tesla might continue capitalizing on the Cybertruck excitement until at least November 30th, which could just be the formal unveiling of the production-ready Cybertruck, complete with press releases and promotional campaigns. However, the crucial details everyone is eager for, such as pricing and delivery schedules, might remain undisclosed until retail deliveries commence.
It's called a "Delivery Event". That means Deliveries. Probably only a dozen vehicles to employees, but nonetheless highly likely that we will get pricing and specs on the day. The ropes around the showroom vehicles will be removed, and the Mulroney Labels will be displayed (its the law) with pricing and specs..

2DVS4U

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23-G80, 21 CVO, 21 BRONCO, 09-911 TCAB, 67-RS CONV
Occupation
Tired but still working.
Country flag
On delivery Day The first 10 are paying $0 for the Cybertruck and Tesla is flying in their whole family to witness the event.

that is why they nobody is disclosing the M.S.R.P not even the first 10

P.S. Oprah and Judge Judy are going to host the event.

HAHA

we just have 4 more freakin Days to wait to see what really happens and hopefully it's a good thing!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The ropes around the showroom vehicles will be removed, and the Mulroney Labels will be displayed (its the law) with pricing and specs..
they Mulroney won’t have to be displayed if they’ve not yet entered production / retail sales - same as why these units don’t have Mulroneys yet

That said, at least Tesla’s “test” Mulroney’s are starting to be seen (with the cat in place of EPA data, etc)

Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price C8B24C47-F004-4E25-BD05-4A009B7191E7
Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price D20BAB32-3FBB-4CB7-8EDC-73E0F2E15A22

above are from Joe T of yesterday

for compare, here’s when the Model S plaid tests were first seen

Tesla Cybertruck 1 week....and still clueless on price 90A786B3-3A33-46FE-92B9-FB8446F637C5

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
they Mulroney won’t have to be displayed if they’ve not yet entered production / retail sales - same as why these units don’t have Mulroneys yet

That said, at least Tesla’s “test” Mulroney’s are starting to be seen (with the cat in place of EPA data, etc)

C8B24C47-F004-4E25-BD05-4A009B7191E7.jpeg
D20BAB32-3FBB-4CB7-8EDC-73E0F2E15A22.jpeg

above are from Joe T of yesterday

for compare, here’s when the Model S plaid tests were first seen

90A786B3-3A33-46FE-92B9-FB8446F637C5.jpeg
Not sure if this was true but the Tesla engineer I spoke with said they don't need to have the EPA Mulroney labels before delivery. Something about the class and weight of vehicle are not needed to have labels b4 deliveries. Someone maybe chime in if they have more info.
Sponsored