12/8/23 Waiting Room

tenetke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Country flag
I guess there is no correlation between the Powershare email and VIN assignment. I am still awaiting a VIN in DFW and got the Powershare email 01/29. Still hoping to get one by the end of the week since I ordered 12/9. Probably still wishful thinking :'( .
Yeah I believe they are separate. I ordered on the 8th but in my app it shows the 9th. I’m guessing your vin will be assigned very soon!

Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Ordered Dec 9th, morning after invite and just got a Vin Assigned on Feb 2nd in the app. No email or call from a Tesla Rep.
I've been trying to get a hold of a rep ( crickets and voicemails) to change my order to a standard AWD because I can't pull the trigger on the FS. I just can't justify major benefits compared to the R1T I currently have ( at a 28k premium). It took a year and a half for Rivian to work out the bugs and add really cool features via OTA updates. I guess I'm not really interested in starting over again, specially when Tesla sends out a notice requiring me to except a change in my order agreement acknowledging the truck is basically half baked with no A.P. ( which you're paying a premium for).
I'm also concerned the FS CT will go the way of the P90D Model X. Released and immediately replaced with a bigger ( 100d) model. Ultimately the P90D MX battery was a total flop, having multiple reports of terrible degradation.
Am I the only one? Dumb question for a Tesla forum I guess.
Anyone have a phone number I can call that doesn't just go to an unanswered VM?

GN1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Ordered Dec 9th, morning after invite and just got a Vin Assigned on Feb 2nd in the app. No email or call from a Tesla Rep.
I've been trying to get a hold of a rep ( crickets and voicemails) to change my order to a standard AWD because I can't pull the trigger on the FS. I just can't justify major benefits compared to the R1T I currently have ( at a 28k premium). It took a year and a half for Rivian to work out the bugs and add really cool features via OTA updates. I guess I'm not really interested in starting over again, specially when Tesla sends out a notice requiring me to except a change in my order agreement acknowledging the truck is basically half baked with no A.P. ( which you're paying a premium for).
I'm also concerned the FS CT will go the way of the P90D Model X. Released and immediately replaced with a bigger ( 100d) model. Ultimately the P90D MX battery was a total flop, having multiple reports of terrible degradation.
Try this number:
888-518-3752
I was able to speak with a rep yesterday regarding my order.

Reactions: edc

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I passed on mine after seeing a scratch and being told there is no good/easy way to fix it. Seem like you need to count on getting it warped as well. Paint is not as durable but at least you can paint and buff a spot and not really notice it had a scratch.
Tesla Cybertruck 12/8/23 Waiting Room 1707256576659

Some other pics here: 12/9 Orders Nor Cal VIN Waiting Room.

Last edited:
Reactions: edc

Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I passed on mine after seeing a scratch and being told there is no good/easy way to fix it. Seem like you need to count on getting it warped as well. Paint is not as durable but at least you can paint and buff a spot and not really notice it had a scratch.
Some pics here: 12/9 Orders Nor Cal VIN Waiting Room.
Wow. That seems like a not great start. The one think I love about the CT is the durability of the stainless. Compared to all other trucks made of paper mache (R1T Included)
I'd still have the CT wrapped, just to avoid the fingerprints but at least I know it won't get little dents when throwing wood in the bed.

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Finally got my VIN this morning. No e-mail or notification. Just a random check of the app this morning.

RN11278xxxx
Dec 8 AWD order Dec 2023 to March 2024
Jan 10 PowerShare approval
Feb 4 VIN 15xx
Updated Info. Moving further through the process

RN11278xxxx
Feb 4 VIN 15xx
Feb 6 Submitted final payment
Feb 6 Trade in documents to sign being overnighted via UPS from Tesla

ATXHOCKEYGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Updated Info. Moving further through the process

RN11278xxxx
Feb 4 VIN 15xx
Feb 6 Submitted final payment
Feb 6 Trade in documents to sign being overnighted via UPS from Tesla
Moving fast now.

Just got a call from Tesla and delivery is scheduled for Feb 14.
Sponsored