Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I had updated this information yesterday as the InsideEVs article was well written and organized too.

https://insideevs.com/news/705388/2024-chevrolet-silverado-ev-epa-range-specs-pricing/

4Fa58wq.jpg
Let's give a Detroit company it's due, The absolute worst mileage in the pickup category. Below 2 miles/kWh is nothing to be proud. And the Cybertruck with Range Extender gets a better range.

Now to see Either if there is a price surprise or if Chevy is going to subsidize half the truck's cost.

It's going to cost 30% more per mile to operate than the Cybertruck!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Below 2 miles/kWh is nothing to be proud.
seems a spec you can’t really dog on/compare in a meaningful way unless/until you have an example of a vehicle with a 200kWh pack that does materially better

nothing for free, only trade-offs

For that matter, this is the sort of hubris that has a lot of Cybertruck fanbois receding into shadows or exercise their max cognitive dissonance these days: may want to wait and see how the Range Extender effects CT efficiency before pulling trigger on quips fired at other OEMs

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
ok, so you ARE comparing apples to oranges

the $77K (starting price) 4WT is a fleet-only work truck that is their long range, highest, fleet trim. There will be cheaper fleet trucks with less range.

the retail version, RSR, that is their long range version will start at $105K. There will be cheaper retail trucks with less range.

so, to get a long range Chevy truck, you will be paying at least $105K, and you will be getting ‘luxury’

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
seems a spec you can’t really dog on/compare in a meaningful way unless/until you have an example of a vehicle with a 200kWh pack that does materially better

nothing for free, only trade-offs

For that matter, this is the sort of hubris that has a lot of Cybertruck fanbois receding into shadows or exercise their max cognitive dissonance these days: may want to wait and see how the Range Extender effects CT efficiency before pulling trigger on quips fired at other OEMs
Sure I can compare. Just like I compare the vast number of pickups on the road today being used as commute vehicles or car haulers compared against the much more energy efficient SUVs or cars.
The number of pickups that are used as work vehicles isn't that big.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag
GM vehicles are known to have electrical issues for the past 50 years and now they're making EVs... I'm staying far away..
My sister-in-law just got a Chevy EUV a few weeks ago and it's left her stranded and been towed to back to the dealer twice because it would not go anywhere. They said it's because if you shift in to reverse too quickly it breaks.... she's looking at the lemon law because she knows it will have to be towed in again soon...... so hard pass on Chevy electric anything. I could probably do a Ford Lightning though, if the range was excellent. Ford makes good trucks.
Sponsored