500 mile Cybertruck is a must

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Your post offended me, so I went to Whole Foods for lunch, and then picked up a Dyson vacuum and some Bose headphones. I feel much better.
I’m offended that you are offended!!!
Sponsored

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
On a separate note the new MBA 13.6 M2(with 16g of ram) simply trumps older MBA and MBP 14. I LOVE my MBA M1 except for the 8g memory, I run too many things on it but they were never were intended to be on a MBA. New Apple silicon is mind blowing!

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I’m offended that you are offended!!!
Well ever since Cybergus comforted himself, I've been having a serious talk with myself since I own both a Dyson Outsize+ and a pair of Bose Quiet comfort QC35 headphones (I'm supposed to be a hillbilly from Kentucky but.. what.. is..HAPPENING..to..ME?!👾)

At least I still shop at Kroger.. for now :unsure:

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
I feel the same way about the 500 miles of range. I also feel the need for at least 8 feet of enclosed bed length. Regardless, I will be buying the most range and the options that allow me the most bed length I can get WHEN my place in line is open to me. I've been at the end of my Model 3's range too and it creates a tension where I sit. I hold to the hope that Elon has said, back when he revealed the CT, that the range would be enough to provide 250 miles fully loaded. My interpretation of that long ago comment is that the battery pack will be enough for 500 miles. What I imaging fully loaded to be is 5 passengers and 3500 pounds of payload... but that is the great thing about imagination, it could be reality but rarely is.
When all is considered, the CT has the longest bed, the most payload, and the longest range of any of the offerings based on what Ford, Chevy, Rivian, and Canoo have presented. Each truck has something that sets them apart. But, knowing Tesla, knowing Elon's stated intention, and knowing the stated parameters of the CT, I trust that the initial options of the CT will have the higher range capacity and the options that will provide a usable enclosed vault.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
So I work with a guy near my cubicle who likes to rub it in your face that he's better than you because he drinks Chai Lattes, drives a Subaru, recycles, and listens to NPR. Recently, he bought a Macbook Pro 14". When I asked him if he liked it, he replied with his nose in the air "hmm, yea, hmm could be a bit bigger, yea, hmm".

I mention this dipshit because while I may agree with him that the laptop could be a bit bigger, the choice between a 14" and 16" screen walks a fine line between objectivity and subjectivity; you can live with a 14 inch macbook pro.

NOT. RANGE.

I got back yesterday after taking the wife and 2 and 4 yo to Panama City in the MYP (nah no nose in the air for me - I wish I could've taken all of ya and drank beer together!).

We were on our last supercharger with 198 miles left to go. With the help of my screaming 2 year old "daddy - drive-home! WAA! CAR-NOW-HOME!" I decided to cut the charger at 269 miles saving us an additional 20 minutes of screaming hell at 1 in the morning.

The range anxiety thing is no joke. Yes, I admit whole-heartedly that I have a heavy foot with the not-so-long-range edition, but I wasn't gunning it, and I ended up going from 78 for 10 minutes to 70 and got behind a truck to make it home (see attached).

That's right - I had 3 miles of range left. HOLY F$%#!

The problem is we're so damn used to gas stations everywhere that we take them for granted. I absolutely love this car, and I'm keeping this car, but I want to offer up some free perspective: even with a 350kw supercharger (which might not be immediately available), you need a large battery capacity to charge up to 70%+, you need the flexibility to drive into the woods or carry heavy/high drag coefficient loads without range anxiety, and if you think you aren't going to see a supercharger ever in your life like I did because you want to treat your truck as a commuter, then you better hope you're right - life is full of unknowns.

Whatever the price difference ends up being, if you can, buy the 500 mile range model. It might be a stretch, but I'm telling ya, you'll have peace of mind in the long run.

Please excuse any errors and brevity - I'm still tired AF.

20220923_031505.jpg
I always think about what range I hope to see in the cybertruck. With max driving 1,100 miles going across 2 states for vacation. And 4 stops in a Subaru Forester along the way. I’ll be happy with 420 mile range 🤘🏾No what I’m saying lol

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I always think about what range I hope to see in the cybertruck. With max driving 1,100 miles going across 2 states for vacation. And 4 stops in a Subaru Forester along the way. I’ll be happy with 420 mile range 🤘🏾No what I’m saying lol
That's not really how range works? It's a mix number, assuming a standard amount of driving.

Point to point driving at a steady highway speed will not have the same average efficiency.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's not really how range works? It's a mix number, assuming a standard amount of driving.

Point to point driving at a steady highway speed will not have the same average efficiency.

-Crissa
But he did do the sign of the horns.. does he at least get partial credit Crissanator?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
what are you smoking? Uh, never mind.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I feel the same way about the 500 miles of range. I also feel the need for at least 8 feet of enclosed bed length. Regardless, I will be buying the most range and the options that allow me the most bed length I can get WHEN my place in line is open to me. I've been at the end of my Model 3's range too and it creates a tension where I sit. I hold to the hope that Elon has said, back when he revealed the CT, that the range would be enough to provide 250 miles fully loaded. My interpretation of that long ago comment is that the battery pack will be enough for 500 miles. What I imaging fully loaded to be is 5 passengers and 3500 pounds of payload... but that is the great thing about imagination, it could be reality but rarely is.
When all is considered, the CT has the longest bed, the most payload, and the longest range of any of the offerings based on what Ford, Chevy, Rivian, and Canoo have presented. Each truck has something that sets them apart. But, knowing Tesla, knowing Elon's stated intention, and knowing the stated parameters of the CT, I trust that the initial options of the CT will have the higher range capacity and the options that will provide a usable enclosed vault.
The range difference empty to "fully loaded" but contained ina closed vault will be 10-20%. So don't get your hopes up to high.

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The range difference empty to "fully loaded" but contained ina closed vault will be 10-20%. So don't get your hopes up to high.
And of course we haven't talked about the elephant in the room.. that's right - a diesel-powered electric generator running in the bed (don't think for a second that rednecks out there won't do it OH they'll do it and chew tobacco spit)

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
And of course we haven't talked about the elephant in the room.. that's right - a diesel-powered electric generator running in the bed (don't think for a second that rednecks out there won't do it OH they'll do it and chew tobacco spit)
You mean like me where the next SC is 300miles and theres only 3 in a state 4 times the size of Texas? ;)

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You mean like me where the next SC is 300miles and theres only 3 in a state 4 times the size of Texas? ;)
Yes you poor desolate freaken Australians LOL. Fun fact: I've got one from Sydney with her feet in my lap as we speak and both agree - diesel generator is a must in that case haha (although ironically she hates Mad Max I mean wtf kind of blasphemy!)..

and if she makes me watch AU 'Farmer Wants a Wife' one more time I'm putting her back on a plane...

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Stop complaining.

I noticed last week they a building a 4th.

and all 4 are withing walking distance of each other :ROFLMAO:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Your post offended me, so I went to Whole Foods for lunch, and then picked up a Dyson vacuum and some Bose headphones. I feel much better.
Yes, a Perrier bath will complete you. And if you really want to feel free, a coffee enem...ok, never mind.

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes, a Perrier bath will complete you. And if you really want to feel free, a coffee enem...ok, never mind.
Hey, it's the weekend right?
Sponsored