Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
Where did you hear about the CT having a more powerful computer? I'd love it but frankly don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere. Of course, with it coming out so long since the last new vehicle release, it is possible we could get ourselves into a new generation of hardware; I just don't recall it ever being mentioned. Do you have a cite?
https://electrek.co/2020/08/18/tesl...chip-tsmc-for-mass-production-q4-2021-report/

It’s piecing the puzzle together. HW4 chips are supposed to come out this fall, the same time the CT was originally slated for. Seems obvious it will have next generation chips
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Squirrel avoidance system
Methinks you say that in jest but I can attest to the destructive results of a collision with a hapless woodland creature.
A few years ago I was rolling down a dark rural road headed home to the farm when a large raccoon darted out in front of my Hyundai Elantra.
I felt the muffled thump when the coon dead centered the front of the car.
I didn't bother to stop to see the condition of the critter because I knew the low strung car had totaled old Rocky Raccoon.
I didn't realize until the next morning that Rocky had his revenge. The front of the car had major damage and after my 500 dollar deductible USAA paid the body shop 3500 for repairs to the car.
My guess is that any critter that runs in front of the CT is not going to fare well and the camera will bear that out.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
https://electrek.co/2020/08/18/tesl...chip-tsmc-for-mass-production-q4-2021-report/

It’s piecing the puzzle together. HW4 chips are supposed to come out this fall, the same time the CT was originally slated for. Seems obvious it will have next generation chips
I remember that announcement now, but the timing seemed to preclude the CT, at least the first run. Also, unless they have the chips in hand, building a computer around them and testing it could take a very long time. I would like to see this chip in the CT because the more processing power the better but I am not convinced that it will be in my truck.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I saw that front camera at the Peterson Museum last year.
Screenshot_20210510-114604_Video Player.jpg
Is it me? Or does that look like a phased array radar system next to the camera? :cool:

ETA: Oh, NEVERMIND. Just a shiny plate behind a hexagonal grill that spans the width.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I can’t wait to see the production version of this beast. it was VERY impressive when seen in the flesh at the Petersen. Photos simply don’t convey the size or presence of this vehicle.

Tesla Cybertruck Another new detail: Cybertruck has a  camera below its front bumper 2C7E3CDF-F812-4A41-989F-B5CEE1A425EB

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I can’t wait to see the production version of this beast. it was VERY impressive when seen in the flesh at the Petersen. Photos simply don’t convey the size or presence of this vehicle.

2C7E3CDF-F812-4A41-989F-B5CEE1A425EB.jpeg
I look forward to sitting in traffic at the lowest height when a big lifted truck comes up behind, and then I just make it raise up all the way…..??

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
I look forward to sitting in traffic at the lowest height when a big lifted truck comes up behind, and then I just make it raise up all the way…..?
My Jeep Grand Cherokee has "Quadralift" which is similar to the CT in that I can adjust the height of my vehicle a few inches with a push of a button. I like to raise the height of my vehicle when in a drive-thru. First I pay at normal height, then I raise it to max height while they are getting my food. Sometimes they don't notice. Sometimes they have a confused look on their face.

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
If you go over a (big) hump or up / down a step grade ..
;)you will know what this camera is needed for....

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
This ties into the post about front bumper license plates. That camera position definitely means the front license plate won't be mounted on the bumper.

It will need to bolt on to the stainless steel above the bumper.

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
This ties into the post about front bumper license plates. That camera position definitely means the front license plate won't be mounted on the bumper.

It will need to bolt on to the stainless steel above the bumper.
i will take the ticket over bolting a license plate to the front of it....no way in hell im doing that

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
i will take the ticket over bolting a license plate to the front of it....no way in hell im doing that
In New York City, that could prove to be a daily event.

As I mentioned in another topic, I just hope they come up with something that blends in and doesn't look out of place. After all, there are 31 states that require a front plate, so why not design a place for it?

Corvettes in the 70s had a plate holder designed into the bumper. People in states that didn't require the front plate used that space for some sort of decorative plate like a Corvette logo, or a cool dude with his thumb out saying "Keep on Truckin'".

OP
OP
VolklKatana

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
In New York City, that could prove to be a daily event.

As I mentioned in another topic, I just hope they come up with something that blends in and doesn't look out of place. After all, there are 31 states that require a front plate, so why not design a place for it?

Corvettes in the 70s had a plate holder designed into the bumper. People in states that didn't require the front plate used that space for some sort of decorative plate like a Corvette logo, or a cool dude with his thumb out saying "Keep on Truckin'".
could always put it on the dash in the bottom of that 1/4 mile long windshield :ROFLMAO:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One of my wife's co-workers killed a small child because his postal van didn't have good visibility directly in front of the van. With the long hood and drop off, I can see this being a huge safety feature for the Cybertruck. Not just for the people in the vehicle, but for those around it.

Also just parking, being able to see what's close in to the bumper can often be important.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
One of my wife's co-workers killed a small child because his postal van didn't have good visibility directly in front of the van. With the long hood and drop off, I can see this being a huge safety feature for the Cybertruck. Not just for the people in the vehicle, but for those around it.

Also just parking, being able to see what's close in to the bumper can often be important.
That's one of the biggest problems for me as an F-150 driver, not only is there NO standard front camera, but there isn't even a standard sensor to warn you if you're about to hit something in front of you. My truck is so tall, I can't even see a huge garbage can unless it's a few feet ahead of me.

It's only a couple of years old, and I'm sure they had it as an option... but although it cost me $58,000, it wasn't part of my packages. PS. I hate "Option Packages". You get package x, instead of x and you gain 10 things you don't want, and lose 4 things you did want.
Sponsored