Are we thinking there will be a re-shuffle of orders?

ColeAce33

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer, Toyota Prius
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Once more information and a bigger down payment is required, are we thinking there will be a complete reshuffle of “place in line”? If they came out in a month or so and said “More details, plus pick your dealership and put down deposit“ do you think a new order will be formed?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What are you asking?

When they're ready for orders, they will email/call each person who has a reservation in the region they're ready to sell them in. The configurator will be ready, and we'll be able to select the options and get a ship date range.

There are no dealerships. They will call you closer to delivery date to arrange pickup. Either at your door, or one of their showrooms or service centers... or factory, if it's an option.

-Crissa

Last edited:

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
when the time comes, yes. Peoples "place in line" right now is a realllly loose representation of where you actually stand in the true queue (unless you have a serviceable crystal ball)...

people will cancel, many people ordered multiple orders for single/dual/tri and will cancel, many won't have $$ in time to commit to financing, etc etc

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Once more information and a bigger down payment is required, are we thinking there will be a complete reshuffle of “place in line”? If they came out in a month or so and said “More details, plus pick your dealership and put down deposit“ do you think a new order will be formed?
I don't think our place in line will get reshuffled. Period.

Last edited:

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
If Tesla delivers on specifications and price there will be very few who would not take delivery and even those will be sold to others like hotcakes

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't think our place in line will get reshuffled. Period.
Well, there are people ahead of you in the line who will be outside of the release regions. They'll fall backwards in line, to be first when their region is served.

Then there will be people who take longer to respond to Tesla's emails. Others will be able to push ahead of them.

Then there will be people with different configurations reserved which won't be available. Like single-motor or add-ons. They'll fall back in line.

And lastly, there will be those who change their configuration to match what's available. They'll push ahead into the line.

And there's no way to know what sort of regional roll-out Tesla will do. We just assume it'll be US first. And people closer to the factory won't have to wait so long for deliveries... But they might be later in line so other trucks might be sent to other states before theirs. We just don't know.

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Orders drop off, change motors and upgrade reshuffling the production deck. Whether Tesla honors original order date or requires a new date is TBD for the one’s that change motors i.e. Tri to RWD.

There’s a long ways to go yet. Tesla will release more info, specs, option and battery details as it approaches. GigaAUSTIN isn’t even built yet. Elon slid CT Xmas update to Q2. 2022 wouldn’t surprise if Cybertruck orders aren’t yet assigned production sequencing.

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Why do people keep saying that the CT will be delivered based on "place in line"? That's not how it's gonna be. They aren't gonna deliver the first CT to Washington State, the next in Florida, then in Wisconsin. They're gonna pick regions to start delivering and deliver to those regions then move on. The end.

Frankenblob

First Name
Frank, USA is the BEST. Communism SUX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M38A-1, Trans-am
Country flag
Ugly changes to looks, decrease in capacity (mainly battery, but also ground clearance) hold-ups in production, increase costs, limitations as a "stand alone" power source, ridiculous insurance cost... and I am SHUFFLING out of the NONSENSE!

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
our Scandinavian and Australian forum members would love for you to be right... alas, they could be #1 in line and it wouldn't make a difference...
Yes, that would have been lovely, but I’m quite certain Tesla wont ship a lone CT to Norway just because my preorder number is very low. The ships take up to 8000 cars so I will have to be waiting for it to fill up more (there *are* at least 6000 preorders here and we do get them on the same shipments as the Netherlands and probably Northern Europe though), plus they have made no promise with regard to the rest of the world and will focus on getting them in hands of the largest truck market in the world in North America first. And probably region by region there too.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
yeah the deliveries will not be exactly in order. If they stick to the past routine Texas and the surrounding region (whatever that is) will get deliveries first. Unless Tesla decides to change it up from every other vehicle roll out they have had before.

Keep in mind though the Model Y ramp was pretty sharp and they pretty quickly had them going all over the country.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Maybe I will drive to Texas, after all. If it means I can get it six months faster, yeah, I'm there.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Maybe I will drive to Texas, after all. If it means I can get it six months faster, yeah, I'm there.
I think Tesla's internal communications are not up to the task of basing your delivery on willingness to pick up in Texas. You will, I think, be assigned delivery on your home address, regardless of where delivery will be taken.

Yeah, I'm kind of a pessimist. But dealing with their solar folks it was obvious internal communications were pretty bad (or worse).
Sponsored