Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Seems like the parts for the 4680 line are finally starting to arrive in Texas.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-4680-cell-production-giga-texas-pilot-line-photos/

1635960649357.png
Misdirection?

Fremont 4680 pilot line is done. Check the “Line” count on the boxes. That’s a count for the floor layout personnel not truck drivers. More trucks, more boxes for more lines inbound for floor layout.

That single axel is interesting to note on a step deck. Just high and wide no weight at all. No cargo tiedown straps used on front box at all. Ancillary frames or bulk-y “stuff”?

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Misdirection?

Fremont 4680 pilot line is done. Check the “Line” count on the boxes. That’s a count for the floor layout personnel not truck drivers. More trucks, more boxes for more lines inbound for floor layout.

That single axel is interesting to note on a step deck. Just high and wide no weight at all. No cargo tiedown straps used on front box at all. Ancillary frames or bulk-y “stuff”?
Seems clear this isn’t a heavy load for sure.

I don’t think it’s misdirection. Tesla is pretty laser focused on getting this done. That’s the sort of instructions you put on boxes with an accompanying diagram to let people know where to unload something or to let assemblers know which part it is.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Seems clear this isn’t a heavy load for sure.

I don’t think it’s misdirection. Tesla is pretty laser focused on getting this done. That’s the sort of instructions you put on boxes with an accompanying diagram to let people know where to unload something or to let assemblers know which part it is.
Kind of like telling the movers to put the dishes in the kitchen by writing "Kitchen" on the side of the box.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I feel for that tire. If 4680 is going into Ys coming out of Texas, it makes sense. With their timelines, they need to get this battery show on the road.

Tesla Cybertruck Battery supplies rolling into Texas 1636078893473

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I feel for that tire. If 4680 is going into Ys coming out of Texas, it makes sense. With their timelines, they need to get this battery show on the road.

1636078893473.png
Wow that makes me wonder if it was flown in and this truck was just to get it from the airport… a 10 minute drive rather than driven from wherever it was sourced.

JJ_Tex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just Purchased: 2021 F150 Hybrid Platinum
Country flag
With the amount of drone footage and internet attention this factory is receiving, I would have a field day with deliveries.

Shipment of vending machines coming in for the break room - might as well slap a sign on the side of the truck that says 4680's

New shipment of conduit - spray paint "hybrid prototype" on the side :)

New oddly shaped chillers - cover them with a tarp and add a few tires for effect and call it a Model Z

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Misdirection?

That trailer is what we in the industry call a "spread axle". It has dual axles, it's just not in the picture.