Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
That section in back looks pretty permanent, and it doesn’t look good for a midgate, bed access, or even a retractable window. Is that your read?

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That section in back looks pretty permanent, and it doesn’t look good for a midgate, bed access, or even a retractable window. Is that your read?
I think retractable window is possible here

been months since I worries whether midgate or similar access is possible :ROFLMAO:

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
RC pilot line moved from Fremont to GFTX, so that the pilot-RC builders can have access to the production tooling for building the RCs
Would it be safe to assume the volume production line would be using an AGV/AMR style powered cart?

This could be:
-A manual build setup for low volume prior to the high volume line (as suggested above, and most likely scenario)
-A bodied pulled offline and moved to a manual dolly cart for QA, testing, rework, etc.
-A manual dolly cart that a powered AGV could tunnel under and engage and power through the line

Basically, I agree with the takeaway that the dolly cart signals more "pre-production" than "volume production". Still great signs of progress!

OP
OP
cvalue13

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Basically, I agree with the takeaway that the dolly cart signals more "pre-production" than "volume production". Still great signs of progress!
Definitely great signs of progress.

Disappointing (or hard to believe) only to the CT creationists, who's mental model of progress goes:

[Fremont Pilot Line Beta] -> [GFTX Volume Production Line Unit]​

for the non-creationists (though only as accurate as any model), we're apparently in the green arrow (AKA ~production validation)

Tesla Cybertruck Closeup Cybertruck BIW body in white shots from GFTX [7/14/23] CT Evolution