JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
wow.....not exactly what I was hoping for.....shorter is OK, but no pass thru or roll down mid-window could be very confining......I also noticed a gasp when they said they put software changes that monitor thing without our knowledge.....that scares the hell out of me..........wonder what they were monitoring in my S and 3 without me knowing
Everything.
Sponsored

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
I really hate to say this but Tesla is doing one from the Ram playbook here. This deletes many of the features that had CT above the competition in my estimation. Really hope they put that stuff back at the real reveal and we find out if was just to throw off the other brands....

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I really hate to say this but Tesla is doing one from the Ram playbook here. This deletes many of the features that had CT above the competition in my estimation. Really hope they put that stuff back at the real reveal and we find out if was just to throw off the other brands....
you know.....I had the same impression......but just couldn't put my finger on it.....I think we are going to be really disappointed at reveal....hope I am wrong.....but if they release the CT with missing items or less than we have been led to believe, the Model Y is looking better and better, especially if it has 4680s and HW4

EV Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
We’ve bounced between pickups, SUVs and minivans, settling on the minivan (currently Pacifica PHEV) as it’s the only one that can carry six comfortably, and when needed, sheet goods and other cargo. The CT promised 6 adults and a standard truck bed fitting in a standard garage. May need to wait for the Cyber Van.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Wow, 5% reduction in overall size, more then I was expecting from the prototype dimensions.
Why wouldn’t you … :ROFLMAO:

But yeah definitely looks like they've gone down to 80" wide, would've been better for them to keep 82" and do the 6 seat/console option.
82”?

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed Cybertruck specs: 5% smaller, 6x4 bed size, 5 seats, frunk, no pass through & more... (info from Tesla employee at Investor Day) 129F9C75-24D3-434B-863C-641025B5AA12

5% smaller. But what is the length/width and internal dimensions?
Taken literally, 220” long X 75.8” wide X 74” tall

Closer in size to a Rivian than a Lightning

But agree, I wouldn’t take “about 5% smaller” so literal yet

Lack of 6th seat, might be a deal breaker. Not all families have 2 kids, was hoping this could function as family vehicle.
Interior dimensions, especially the shoulder width of the back seat, are what matter to me. If it can’t fit three car seats across in the back seat, then it means … I don’t have school drop off duty

and I don’t think people appreciate how low/tight that tonneau cover will feel. You’ll not be sitting up.

Due to the shape of the front of the bed I would guess it is more effectively a 5.5 ft bed.
You’re right, this is for all intents and purposes a 5.5’ X 4’ bed. The 5.5’ isn’t so surprising to me, because the geometric “trick” at the front never impressed me.

But the 4’ metric seems … shocking? That’s narrower than the space between the wheel wells in an F150, and narrower than the bed of a Rivian.

Can’t be 4’ … right?

unless you take 5% smaller literally, and then…

was this downsizing all the “price” of hitting 500mi range?

Last edited:

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Working
Country flag
How can someone compare a Y with a pickup truck.
This is still great and we don’t know the final specs.
I’ll agree that the center console looks a bit ridiculous but it’s good to have to put stuff (unlike the glovebox-less Rivian).

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How can someone compare a Y with a pickup truck.
This is still great and we don’t know the final specs.
I’ll agree that the center console looks a bit ridiculous but it’s good to have since to put stuff (unlike the glovebox-less Rivian).
because it would be a good vehicle if you keep getting things taken away from the truck...lots of room and storage...

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Lack of 6th seat, might be a deal breaker. Not all families have 2 kids, was hoping this could function as family vehicle.
I thought they had 2.5 kids. Seems like the 0.5 kid could fit in the console. Then there is still room for a friend to come along. Unless the couple is divorced. Then it's a friend AND a "friend".

lotus

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Miata Mazdaspeed, 2007 Jaguar S-Type, 2005 Yamaha VMAX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I think this is 99.98% the production truck. Mirrors and wiper may change before now and production.

I am very pleased to hear that Cybertruck will 5% more compact than the concept.

lotus

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Miata Mazdaspeed, 2007 Jaguar S-Type, 2005 Yamaha VMAX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Saw the original CT at the Peterson Museum in LA last month. Way too big proportion. "Ugly" was my first impression It will NOT fit in most garages and driveways! Hope 5% reduction will be enough. Wife says she won't ride in it. I'm still excited to take delivery.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Wife says she won't ride in it. I'm still excited to take delivery.
For many, the excitement here may have been caused by the wife's statement.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
RE the windshield lightbar question, the Franz photo adds an interesting angle to it:

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed Cybertruck specs: 5% smaller, 6x4 bed size, 5 seats, frunk, no pass through & more... (info from Tesla employee at Investor Day) CBD0AB7B-F6B2-4DB1-85CA-AC41B94DFE12

If that recess isn’t for a cop-car esque windshield light, I couldn’t begin to guess what it *is* for
Sponsored