Crazy idea... we haven't heard about pricing and range updates, because there aren't any?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
What if ....

We haven't heard about pricing and range updates, because their aren't any?

Maybe they scrapped the quad motor until the $1k motors.

Maybe they're just going to give us the exact specs that we already know.

They aren't saying that, in order to keep us on the edge of our seats. But when the day comes and the configurator opens, it's exactly what we were told.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Surprised no one asked price question in q&a
He said don't ask about near term stuff. You won't get an answer.

People listened... cause most of those people in attendance were professionals there for work, not fans there for love.

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
What if ....

They aren't saying that, in order to keep us on the edge of our seats. But when the day comes and the configurator opens, it's exactly what we were told.

Thoughts?
That's how it must be. False advertising is a serious thing.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Pricing and specs should be revealed just before e-mails go out to reservation holders to configure their CT for production. I'm guessing that will be 5-7 months from now.

Patience grasshoppers...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What if ....

Thoughts?
I’ve said for a long time the final is very likely to be quite close to launch product. Musk has told us as much on Leno.

I do think quad is likely, but aside from that, likely very much like launch.

You can see how stripped down the truck is. Interior is super vanilla. Cost shaving everywhere.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I’ve said for a long time the final is very likely to be quite close to launch product. Musk has told us as much on Leno.

I do think quad is likely, but aside from that, likely very much like launch.

You can see how stripped down the truck is. Interior is super vanilla. Cost shaving everywhere.
The reveal Cybertruck had a stripped-down interior too so there has been no cost shaving since the truck was revealed. I don't know why some people think a simple and clean aesthetic is a negative because it would seem what really matters is the quality of the seats, the glass, the ergonomics the display and the surfaces you touch like the steering wheel and window/door switches. Tesla does not have a history of cost-shaving on these items.

The Model 3 has a very stripped-down interior and I love the lack of busyness. Who wants complexity for the sake of visual interest? The real attraction should be out the windows or the people you brought along, not some fancy dashboard that is static. The simplicity of the interior highlights that which is important.

Beyond aesthetics there are many other things that are important like convenience, durability, ease of cleaning, driving dynamics, efficiency, and cost to own. Those who want more visual interest are free to modify anyway they like. But let's not lose sight of the fact that it's a truck. You know, a tool.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The reveal Cybertruck had a stripped-down interior too so there has been no cost shaving since the truck was revealed. I don't know why some people think a simple and clean aesthetic is a negative because it would seem what really matters is the quality of the seats, the glass, the ergonomics the display and the surfaces you touch like the steering wheel and window/door switches. Tesla does not have a history of cost-shaving on these items.

The Model 3 has a very stripped-down interior and I love the lack of busyness. Who wants complexity for the sake of visual interest? The real attraction should be out the windows or the people you brought along, not some fancy dashboard that is static. The simplicity of the interior highlights that which is important.

Beyond aesthetics there are many other things that are important like convenience, durability, ease of cleaning, driving dynamics, efficiency, and cost to own. Those who want more visual interest are free to modify anyway they like. But let's not lose sight of the fact that it's a truck. You know, a tool.
Yes.

I prefer the stripped interior.

My point is more about the fact that they are not putting in a bunch of extras here like many have suggested. The truck is as close to what was launched as they could. No extra bullshit.

Much like everything else about this truck, the interior is about getting things done.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Musk alluded to a price increase if I recall correctly. It was during a previous event, maybe Cyber Rodeo?

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Musk alluded to a price increase if I recall correctly. It was during a previous event, maybe Cyber Rodeo?
I don't remember that tbh, but a lot has changed since then so it may have been reverted

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
The cynic/pessimist/realist in me suspects the price will be different. Or the base, stripper truck will be AWOL for years. Likely working the circuit in Bangkok until it can make a come back in Sin City.

I suspect they have rejigged the lineup, that doesn't mean it won't still be a similar of better value proposition.

I was really happy when I saw Tesla Daily's video walk around of the Beta. I felt that extremely satisfying emotion I get when looking at a precision crafted tool built out of a solid piece of metal. Something honed by a craftsman, engineered for a purpose.

Edit: Excuse me, I'll be in the bathroom with the lock.
Sponsored