Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Alas, I've come across a few slow drivers that have specifically darted to block anyone passing. One even threw fruit at me while I was stuck behind him.

And I do not tailgate.

-Crissa
Road rage isn’t limited to fast drivers! Slow drivers can bring it too!
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I haven't "commuted" in over 25 years. Does your head in, once a month in the city is enough for me.

But every time I have to go to the big smoke I'm super glad to be leaving traffic behind. The drivers can be fairly whack here in the middle of a Friday night. Otherwise they can be quite reasonable, but in general its the constant roadworks that destroys any motorist etiquette because you get nowhere fast.

The lack of any sense of traffic flow in road design is even worse. We have stop lights on freeway on-ramp merge lanes, because we don't know how to design intersections properly, and no-one knows how the zipper merge works.

Whilst in the country everyone waves because they are happy to see someone at least. At night you might see just 1 car per 100km on a 600km trip. Even the roos are friendly too and want to cuddle your roo bar...but rather them then drunk city slicker in a V8 fishtailing down the median.