Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The FS is supposed to be 1,000 unit limited run.

But it appears Elon will be squeezing the juice of this very very profitable line.

So who knows when the supply of fools with money to be parted will run dry. :unsure:
No one officially ever said the run was limited to 1000. No one.

fdon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, Plaid S, Model X
Country flag
No one officially ever said the run was limited to 1000. No one.
nor is there anyway to prove how many are actually out there - order vs customer delivered is way too hard to know

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
You've probably already seen this, but there is a very clear line drawn for where the invitations went. If you aren't in those first 12 blocks (10k a piece possible) you are going to be twiddling thumbs until they do something different.

Tesla Cybertruck Post FS Ordering - end of invitations? 1707721830427

I know this is only a sampling of this forum, but I'd highly doubt that it isn't representative of the whole. Another "insider" said it would be around 10k FS trucks and I think they'll get out 15k this year, but there's so many people claiming to be insiders, there'd be no outsiders left.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You've probably already seen this, but there is a very clear line drawn for where the invitations went. If you aren't in those first 12 blocks (10k a piece possible) you are going to be twiddling thumbs until they do something different.

1707721830427.png

I know this is only a sampling of this forum, but I'd highly doubt that it isn't representative of the whole. Another "insider" said it would be around 10k FS trucks and I think they'll get out 15k this year, but there's so many people claiming to be insiders, there'd be no outsiders left.
The last 6 blocks of 12 blocks orders dramatically dropped, like 11285xxx block only has 25 order, not sure it is because the take rate much lower or the invites much lower.

rrolsbe

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model 3 RWD
Country flag
So far they have delivered trucks in approximately three states (CA, TX, FL), leaving approximately 47 more to bring online. I think someone in one of the forums was told their service center was waiting for a team to come and do their training before they could deliver trucks. Unclear how many such training teams exist. I think it could easily take many months just to get enough service centers trained up on the truck before they can do widespread deliveries. I keep hoping we will see a sudden dump of vehicles and deliveries in like 10 new states in a week, but so far there is zero evidence to suggest that’s going to happen anytime soon.
I stopped by the Reno Nevada showroom a few weeks back and was told their center had delivered around seven Cybertrucks. Did not ask if they were all Tesla employees.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
^^^100% This

The 1000 FS rumor is just more nonsense for the ignorant to parrot.
it was not a rumor

it was Tesla’s official plan, communicated to media outlets prior to the Nov 30 delivery event - but that changed after the Nov 30 delivery event

the only “ignorance” involved on this topic are people who don’t attend to the difference between “plans can change” and “if something changes it was never the plan”

Meanwhile, people also aren’t observing the difference between AWD and Cyberbeast

The build plan shows and evidences that Tesla’s plan was to build 420 FS Cyberbeast and FS 580 AWD.

clearly Tesla’s plans wrt FS AWD has changed, but the jury is still out on whether they’ll ever build more than 420 FS Cyberbeast

And really, the jury will be somewhat out on either FS AWD or CBs until >580/>420 people have completed sale/payment for an FS order

because it is not beyond possibility that at some point Tesla “sells out” of FS, even for folks who have configured but not completed an FS order.

As I’ve been telling folks for months: it was absolutely Tesla’s plan to build only 1000 FS, that plan has since changed (at least for the 580 AWD), and that plan remains subject to change

jookyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24CTAWD 17MXP100D 23MX
Country flag
it was not a rumor

it was Tesla’s official plan, communicated to media outlets prior to the Nov 30 delivery event - but that changed after the Nov 30 delivery event

the only “ignorance” involved on this topic are people who don’t attend to the difference between “plans can change” and “if something changes it was never the plan”

Meanwhile, people also aren’t observing the difference between AWD and Cyberbeast

The build plan shows and evidences that Tesla’s plan was to build 420 FS Cyberbeast and FS 580 AWD.

clearly Tesla’s plans wrt FS AWD has changed, but the jury is still out on whether they’ll ever build more than 420 FS Cyberbeast

And really, the jury will be somewhat out on either FS AWD or CBs until >580/>420 people have completed sale/payment for an FS order

because it is not beyond possibility that at some point Tesla “sells out” of FS, even for folks who have configured but not completed an FS order.

As I’ve been telling folks for months: it was absolutely Tesla’s plan to build only 1000 FS, that plan has since changed (at least for the 580 AWD), and that plan remains subject to change
Source. Search Google for the terms "1000" and "Cybertruck" and there isn't a single article containing those terms before Nov 30th (media outlets).

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The FS is supposed to be 1,000 unit limited run.

But it appears Elon will be squeezing the juice of this very very profitable line.

So who knows when the supply of fools with money to be parted will run dry. :unsure:
You say "very profitable" with, I assume, no actual knowledge of how Cybertruck pricing affects Tesla's bottom line. I suspect that Tesla is losing money on the early Cybertrucks or maybe breaking even. I do not actually know but Elon has always complained about the high cost of their vehicles and seems to try to keep their costs down when factors allow. So your use of terms like "squeezing the juice" seems more a description of how you treat the world than about Elon or Tesla. And that is fine as long as you own up to it.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Source. Search Google for the terms "1000" and "Cybertruck" and there isn't a single article containing those terms before Nov 30th (media outlets).
they wouldn’t be before, because inside media was under embargo

Meanwhile and regardless, I know the prior plan of 1,000 to be true - in the same ways and to the same degree of confidence I *predicted* other things around here prior to Nov 30

if you require some independent proof, go look at the VIN tracker thread where I lay out not only that the initial Tesla build plan carved out 1,000 spots for FS units, but also that 420 of those spots were reserved specifically for Beast configs

regardless, it’s an academic pursuit - because I also not long after Nov 30 began discussing how Tesla had changed its plan from a unit-based cap instead to a time-based cap, while at the same time highlight over and over again that Tesla was clearly keeping its option/flexibility open to continue changing plans is/when they desire

so even if a person knows “the plan” today (or yesterday, or tomorrow, etc.), it’s of limited predictive value. Tesla’s already demonstrated there is no plan that is written in stone

afterall, retaining flexibility the only reason a company sells a “limited edition” without being explicit about how limited

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The 1000 foundation series number was nothing more than a rumor, never substantiated with any evidence whatsoever
Exactly. The same people pretending this is real cannot cite a single media source who attributes the presumed 1000 Foundation Edition limit to Tesla. It's all just rumours of people pretending to be "in the know". They are obviously wrong. Tesla never once said they were limited to 1000 units.

Never. It's almost humorous how people make this stuff up and then try to support it by claiming it's from an inside source that they can't reveal. They can't have it both ways, either Tesla said there was a 1000 unit limit, or they didn't. And if they said it, there would certainly be proof that they said it.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
they wouldn’t be before, because inside media was under embargo

Meanwhile and regardless, I know the prior plan of 1,000 to be true - in the same ways and to the same degree of confidence I *predicted* other things around here prior to Nov 30
Meh. This sounds suspiciously like the young dudes here in Utah in white shirts, ties and the black name tag that are always stopping by our door.

Them-“I know the Mormon Church is true! “

Me-“Wait what? How the fuck would you even know that??

Them-“You’re just gonna have to trust me on this….”

Me-“Shuts door slowly with beer in hand while maintaining awkward eye contact…”

Last edited:

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
it was not a rumor

Tesla Cybertruck Post FS Ordering - end of invitations? IMG_0931

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Meh. This sounds suspiciously like the young dudes here in Utah in white shirts, ties and the black name tag that are always stopping by our door.
fair enough

in the months before you joined, there were others with similar incredulity

they similarly insisted “Tesla would never release a ~320mi truck,” or “Tesla would never produce the three motor in low volumes,” or before that, “there’ll be a built in air compressor,” or “there’s a 6th seat,” or “there’s a midgate,” or … on and on

they’ve been more sanguine of late

horses and whater and whatnot
Sponsored