Cybertruck to enter mass production towards end of 2023

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Just one for me which he promised in 2019 launch to be in production 2021.
I've posted this several times. Here we go again. This was my order page the night of the reveal, when I put down my $100 deposit. Notice that it said the single would be first production in late 2021, with AWD trucks EXPECTED to start production in late 2022. This was what I saw and anticipated to be the wait times on Nov. 21 2019.
Here we are almost three years later. Which was exactly when Tesla said AWD is EXPECTED to start production, and most people EXPECT production to begin on AWD Cybertrucks in Mid-2023.
Theoretically it's only a 6-month miss on EXPECTED start of production. Look at what Tesla has done to make it happen. They purchased land in Austin and built a Giga-factory. They are purchasing and installing equipment that is needed to start production.
A few thousand Cybertrucks on the road would mean the floodgates are about to be opened!!!!!

orderpage.jpg

Agree 100%, Cybertruck is not even a year late YET.

In addition Elon and Tesla could not have anticipated a global pandemic and even after that shock came a global supply shortage that is still not complete resolved. Considering those two things if Tesla ships Cybertrucks before end of 2023 they will have done a herculean job.

In 2017, more than two years before 2019 Cybertruck reveal, GM promised at least 20 EV models by Oct 2022. The Bolt already existed before so they only released two models (Hummer, Lyric) and the actual shipping volume is a round error compared to Tesla shipments.

Give GM three more years (total 8) and they still probably will NOT have fulfilled the 2017 promise.

-----------------------------------

GM Outlines All-Electric Path to Zero Emissions
2017 Oct
https://news.gm.com/newsroom.detail.html/Pages/news/us/en/2017/oct/1002-electric.html

“at least 20 new all-electric vehicles that will launch by 2023,”

Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Agree 100%, Cybertruck is not even a year late YET.

In addition Elon and Tesla could not have anticipated a global pandemic and even after that shock came a global supply shortage that is still not complete resolved. Considering those two things if Tesla ships Cybertrucks before end of 2023 they will have done a herculean job.

In 2017, more than two years before 2019 Cybertruck reveal, GM promised at least 20 EV models by Oct 2022. The Bolt already existed before so they only released two models (Hummer, Lyric) and the actual shipping volume is a round error compared to Tesla shipments.

Give GM three more years (total 8) and they still probably will NOT have fulfilled the 2017 promise.

GM Outlines All-Electric Path to Zero Emissions
2017 Oct
https://news.gm.com/newsroom.detail.html/Pages/news/us/en/2017/oct/1002-electric.html

“at least 20 new all-electric vehicles that will launch by 2023,”

Here are some interesting parts of that NEWS release in 2017. BTW, shades of Trever Milton in these?

Given customers' various needs, getting to a zero emissions future will require more than just battery electric technology. It will require a two-pronged approach to electrification — battery electric and hydrogen fuel cell electric depending on the unique requirements.

GM also introduced SURUS — the Silent Utility Rover Universal Superstructure — a fuel cell powered, four-wheel steer concept vehicle on a heavy-duty truck frame that’s driven by two electric motors. With its capability and flexible architecture, SURUS could be used as a delivery vehicle, truck or even an ambulance — all emissions free.

GM and their execs. are NOT instilling any confidence that they know what they're doing. It continues to amaze me how lying has become a part of life in the last few years. I remember a time when truth meant something!

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
(March) - Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom comes out. I will enter a trance and play that for 3 months straight.
Awww dude, is it really in March? i thought it was May. I have a Steam Deck ready to rock and rolllllll!!! BOTW on it already. Fun way to waste my days..

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I've posted this several times. Here we go again. This was my order page the night of the reveal, when I put down my $100 deposit. Notice that it said the single would be first production in late 2021, with AWD trucks EXPECTED to start production in late 2022. This was what I saw and anticipated to be the wait times on Nov. 21 2019.
Here we are almost three years later. Which was exactly when Tesla said AWD is EXPECTED to start production, and most people EXPECT production to begin on AWD Cybertrucks in Mid-2023.
Theoretically it's only a 6-month miss on EXPECTED start of production. Look at what Tesla has done to make it happen. They purchased land in Austin and built a Giga-factory. They are purchasing and installing equipment that is needed to start production.
A few thousand Cybertrucks on the road would mean the floodgates are about to be opened!!!!!

orderpage.jpg
Nice screen grab and foresight to save. They must have been initially been thinking less batteries per unit......or maybe use 2170 or LFP in the single. If I recall they announced the tri or dual would be released first just weeks into the launch.

With a year between the model releases they must have had a great plan on the body in 2019. They were worried about batteries back then apparently.

This is like an alternate universe from releasing the Plaid quad motor first and the RWD a maybe.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
This is like an alternate universe from releasing the Plaid quad motor first and the RWD a maybe.
Nobody ever said Plaid was going to be first. Elon did say Quad would be first. I don't think that has to mean Plaid. If he meant Plaid would be first, I'm sure he would have said Plaid.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Yea like about timelines.
Even with Covid.
Tesla doesn’t care. For real. Like if you’re sick of it, hop off. Really. The level of EV Ford is squeaking out is more pathetic than the Cybertruck delay honestly.
Tesla knows what they’re doing. All in, we will probably be the winners with commodity price decreases, I wouldn’t want to buy a Cybertruck right this moment either way.

soon. It’s not that late. I just wish we knew more.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Yea like about timelines.
Even with Covid.
Tesla doesn’t care. For real. Like if you’re sick of it, hop off. Really. The level of EV Ford is squeaking out is more pathetic than the Cybertruck delay honestly.
Tesla knows what they’re doing. All in, we will probably be the winners with commodity price decreases, I wouldn’t want to buy a Cybertruck right this moment either way.

soon. It’s not that late. I just wish we knew more.
I agree, Telsa is going to make as many EV as they can produce. (period for emphasis) For the last couple years is was the 3Y. They were running flat out. They could not have made more.

The margin on the Y is huge. It is way more efficient than the CT will ever be which is easier on the grid.

Now that the wait times for the Y is improving they can divert resources to CT.

They could have diverted resources to the CT and rushed it out but they didn't. The played it pretty close to perfect. The CT in 2023 is going to be better than the CT they would have delivered in 2021/22. The engineering team never quit looking at ways to improve it.

The M3 delay was because Tesla was immature. They didn't have a choice. (They almost went bankrupt) The CT delay was a choice of a mature and disciplined company.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
I agree, Telsa is going to make as many EV as they can produce. (period for emphasis) For the last couple years is was the 3Y. They were running flat out. They could not have made more.

The margin on the Y is huge. It is way more efficient than the CT will ever be which is easier on the grid.

Now that the wait times for the Y is improving they can divert resources to CT.

They could have diverted resources to the CT and rushed it out but they didn't. The played it pretty close to perfect. The CT in 2023 is going to be better than the CT they would have delivered in 2021/22. The engineering team never quit looking at ways to improve it.

The M3 delay was because Tesla was immature. They didn't have a choice. (They almost went bankrupt) The CT delay was a choice of a mature and disciplined company.
I’m super over waiting. But, still I do. Again, we win here I think. They didn’t wait for nothing. We will know soon.

but if that truck comes short, they will suffer. People want a reason to not buy it - I swear.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Ok, keep repeating that negativity, but in August 22 Elon said mid 23. The design has been locked for a while and line equipment is being installed.

Tesla is now executing the plan. In 2019 they were still making the plan. Very different.

We will see thousands of CT in 2023.
Thats not being negative in any way. Whatever is being said is in no way indicative of the actual timeline.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Did you know timelines have been way off countless times before covid?
How can Tesla "have been way off countless times before covid" when Tesla had only promised 6 models (Roadster, S, X, 3, Y, Semi) before COVID and 1 of those was early (Model Y)?

"countless"

Are there that many people here that have difficulty counting to a number equal to 5 fingers on one hand or 10 fingers on two?

It is more like "several". And this where in most cases when a model finally ships it out sells the competitors by a large factor.

They might not swing at every ball but when do swing they hit the ball out of the park.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Thats not being negative in any way. Whatever is being said is in no way indicative of the actual timeline.
The closer we get to the start of production the less likely there will be a major delay. I know that is intuitive but projecting 24 months is harder than 8. Any delay should be proportional. The CT delay was more of a business decision than the delay with the M3 or FSD. Tesla could have produced it earlier had they diverted resources.

I don't think FSD is a resource problem as in quantity. The M3 was growing pains.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The closer we get to the start of production the less likely there will be a major delay. I know that is intuitive but projecting 24 months is harder than 8. Any delay should be proportional. The CT delay was more of a business decision than the delay with the M3 or FSD. Tesla could have produced it earlier had they diverted resources.

I don't think FSD is a resource problem as in quantity. The M3 was growing pains.
... and the CT was the fact it didn't have a factory to be built in.
Sponsored