Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
If they are actually making CT battery packs in Fremont now. I don't think they would want them sitting on a shelf/maintainer for more than 6 months. First CT rolling of the line in April/May. 2-5k per week by the end of 2023.
agreed.... mass production by the end of 23 means significant numbers.
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I don’t believe anyone outside employees will have one in 23

On Aug 4 2022 at 2022 Annual shareholder meeting Elon was more specific. He said Cybertruck production would be "ramping" in mid 2023.

Just a couple weeks ago (Oct 19, 2022) at TSLA Q3 2022 earnings call, Elon Musk said “We're in the final lap on Cybertruck”.

There has been no further hints by Elon that that timing has changed.

To be ramping in mid 2023 implies that final production samples would be trickling out before mid 2023. Possible Feb - April 2023.

If production is ramping in mid 2023 there might be a chance some customers could receive Cybertrucks in Fall 2023.

--------------------------------

Tesla Cybertruck production won’t be reliant on 4680 battery cell ramp.
confirmed by Elon Musk during the TSLA Q3 2022 earnings call, Tesla is now in the final lap of its preparations for Cybertruck production.
By Simon Alvarez Posted on October 20, 2022
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-production-wont-depend-4680-ramp/

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Well, a bunch of them have to be built and tested, frozen, crashed, etc. So they'll get used.

-Crissa
If it is a pilot line they should easily make 100s per week between adjustments. I don't know how much testing they can do without the rest of the truck. A ton of testing has been done on the Y structural pack and cells in general. This is probably just a variant so how much testing would be required?

I don't actually recall if they have started producing or are setting up the line. Very different.

I know without cycling the batteries won't be wearing out fast, but they could still be 4-6 months old going into a new rig.

Anyway the delayed start of production has mostly been debunked. This Fremont line is more evidence that we will see the start of the ramp in less than 6 months and will be over 2000 units per week by the end of 2023. 20,000 units in 2023. 200,000 2024? 260,000 2025?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
My projected 2023 timeline.

(February) - we see test mules driving on roads.
(March) - Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom comes out. I will enter a trance and play that for 3 months straight.
(June) - When I wake up mid-month, Tesla announces event for first customer deliveries in August.
(July) - We will see MKBHD get access and do a full review.
(August) - Delivery event just under the gun on the 29th.
(September) - Sandy Munro teases acquisition.
(October) - Munro teardown series, the peasants rejoice.
(November) - Ramp is starting to become evident with sightings coming in every day.
(December) - A solitary tear runs down my cheek as I am left in the dark about when/if right hand drives will ever become available in my country.
(JAN 2024) - I realise that since TSLA has hit $8000 a share i can finally fulfill my lifes dream... Cloning an army of Jimmy Carters to switch America over to the metric system by force.

(2079) - From my death bed in the ritzy Olympus Mons District of downtown Musk City, my communicator crackles to life to tell me my CT is ready to be picked up on Earth. I ignore it thinking it's another ad for Zuckerberg Jrs, "Metaverse the New Generation!". I slip into a coma, and embrace the sweet release of death.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Can’t be optimistic or believe any words. Ramp timelines change on a bad cup of coffee. And Model Y is way past ramp and customers are still waiting three to six months for delivery.
[/QUOTE]
yeah but that's still with making 5000 my per week..... the backlog is huge.... like the CT.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I will wait to see how close they get to 5,000/week for Model Ys at GA this year, before putting out a guess, but I suspect they will get close to 5,000/week this year so I am inclined to believe they will hit their CT targets. Maybe 50,000-60,000 by the end of 2023? But yes, when someone official gives me a number or date I believe it until they fail.
It typical takes them 3 months to sustain an increase of 1k per week. GA started about mid April...hit 1k in August and just hit 2k in Nov. So far only made 20k model y in total. So if add 300 units additional per week per month.

For Nov 2300 per week, so for the month = 9200-9400

Dec 2600 per week, for the month = 10400 - 10800 range.

Ending the year with about 40k-42k model y

Cybertruck with new processes starting mid year about July would net us prob 12-15k CT units for 2023 is my educated guess

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I don’t believe anyone outside employees will have one in 23
I believe otherwise even with Elon's lost credibility.

Ramping up is start of production and several units will be out. A few indeed will be for employee testing (my son when he was with Tesla confirmed this) while produced units will be on inventory and will be released to costumers only until the tests are done and results are in. Bugs in produced units and inventory will be fixed and production line tweaked to make those corrections. Then happy costumers for us ahead of the reservation line.:p

Full production is reaching specified or capacity and target output goals.

But of course I'm a man of eternal sunshine. ;)

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
On Aug 4 2022 at 2022 Annual shareholder meeting Elon was more specific. He said Cybertruck production would be "ramping" in mid 2023.

Just a couple weeks ago (Oct 19, 2022) at TSLA Q3 2022 earnings call, Elon Musk said “We're in the final lap on Cybertruck”.

There has been no further hints by Elon that that timing has changed.

To be ramping in mid 2023 implies that final production samples would be trickling out before mid 2023. Possible Feb - April 2023.

If production is ramping in mid 2023 there might be a chance some customers could receive Cybertrucks in Fall 2023.

Tesla Cybertruck production won’t be reliant on 4680 battery cell ramp.
confirmed by Elon Musk during the TSLA Q3 2022 earnings call, Tesla is now in the final lap of its preparations for Cybertruck production.
By Simon Alvarez Posted on October 20, 2022
https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-production-wont-depend-4680-ramp/

in 2019 Elon said the truck would be here in two years.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
in 2019 Elon said the truck would be here in two years.
Ok, keep repeating that negativity, but in August 22 Elon said mid 23. The design has been locked for a while and line equipment is being installed.

Tesla is now executing the plan. In 2019 they were still making the plan. Very different.

We will see thousands of CT in 2023.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Ok, keep repeating that negativity, but in August 22 Elon said mid 23. The design has been locked for a while and line equipment is being installed.

Tesla is now executing the plan. In 2019 they were still making the plan. Very different.

We will see thousands of CT in 2023.
I don't care about the thousands.

Just one for me which he promised in 2019 launch to be in production 2021.

Are we negative or hopeful enough yet? ;)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I don't care about the thousands.

Just one for me which he promised in 2019 launch to be in production 2021.

Are we negative or hopeful enough yet? ;)
I've posted this several times. Here we go again. This was my order page the night of the reveal, when I put down my $100 deposit. Notice that it said the single would be first production in late 2021, with AWD trucks EXPECTED to start production in late 2022. This was what I saw and anticipated to be the wait times on Nov. 21 2019.
Here we are almost three years later. Which was exactly when Tesla said AWD is EXPECTED to start production, and most people EXPECT production to begin on AWD Cybertrucks in Mid-2023.
Theoretically it's only a 6-month miss on EXPECTED start of production. Look at what Tesla has done to make it happen. They purchased land in Austin and built a Giga-factory. They are purchasing and installing equipment that is needed to start production.
A few thousand Cybertrucks on the road would mean the floodgates are about to be opened!!!!!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck to enter mass production towards end of 2023 orderpage
Sponsored