Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
I posted a thread dealing with how the CYBER has a very useful but unidentified positive quality.
Many of us live in an area that is exposed to hurricanes and the loss of power for days after the storm. We also often leave our homes for a "mandatory evacuation order" but in all seriousness I never have because when you do leave you are not allowed back toy oru home till the local government tells you that you can. And it has been up to a day and a half later. I have a routine where I go around and send photos to my neighbors of their homes after the storm is through.
So now...the Cyber will provide a bulletproof-glassed, thick steel, heavy fortress from which to view the storm. And all while enjoying watching the weather channel from the big screen while watching netflix in between... in the AC...with a huge battery pack to make me feel so much better about the after the storm issue of keeping the freezer cold, and oxygen to the koi pond...
So "SHELTER IN PLACE" wasn't a good title for a thread right now? Perhaps renaming the added benefit of owning a Cyber will get more eyes on it now that I made it sound so sophomorically wonderful. I was trying to deflate the whole "Shelter in Place" negativity.
Sponsored

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
Iā€˜ve considered this advantage for those of us here in Florida. Now Iā€™m thinking I might upgrade to the tri-motor to get the maximum size battery pack.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I posted a thread dealing with how the CYBER has a very useful but unidentified positive quality.
Many of us live in an area that is exposed to hurricanes and the loss of power for days after the storm. We also often leave our homes for a "mandatory evacuation order" but in all seriousness I never have because when you do leave you are not allowed back toy oru home till the local government tells you that you can. And it has been up to a day and a half later. I have a routine where I go around and send photos to my neighbors of their homes after the storm is through.
So now...the Cyber will provide a bulletproof-glassed, thick steel, heavy fortress from which to view the storm. And all while enjoying watching the weather channel from the big screen while watching netflix in between... in the AC...with a huge battery pack to make me feel so much better about the after the storm issue of keeping the freezer cold, and oxygen to the koi pond...
So "SHELTER IN PLACE" wasn't a good title for a thread right now? Perhaps renaming the added benefit of owning a Cyber will get more eyes on it now that I made it sound so sophomorically wonderful. I was trying to deflate the whole "Shelter in Place" negativity.

I hear you..
When I was in South Carolina I lived in a fairly structured townhome... Okay, wait for it...
It was built as a commercial building but, then sold as a Residence.

What was different about it you ask?

The wall flooring were concrete slabs. See Image. of course the roof was regular timber framing. But at least I know about 75% of structures would of been mostly wiped out of my area.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Will be a massive comfortable fortress during hurricanes Scan 13

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Iā€˜ve considered this advantage for those of us here in Florida. Now Iā€™m thinking I might upgrade to the tri-motor to get the maximum size battery pack.
EXACTLY my thought too.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
I hear you..
When I was in South Carolina I lived in a fairly structured townhome... Okay, wait for it...

The wall flooring were concrete slabs. See Image. of course the roof was regular timber framing. But at least I know about 75% of structures would of been mostly wiped out of my area.

Scan 13.jpeg
Down here in florida it is becoming the standard to build solid-poured homes near the coast, Some have (almost) flat concrete roofs as well.
But even if your walls stay up the power is likely to go out. I live in an upscale community but it is old so many of the older people are unwilling to pay to have the utility lines buried.
The Cyber will really reduce the stress of living out here on the barrier island pre-storm, during the storm, and post-storm.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Down here in florida it is becoming the standard to build solid-poured homes near the coast, Some have (almost) flat concrete roofs as well.
But even if your walls stay up the power is likely to go out. I live in an upscale community but it is old so many of the older people are unwilling to pay to have the utility lines buried.
The Cyber will really reduce the stress of living out here on the barrier island pre-storm, during the storm, and post-storm.
Island living in FL and I wondered why years ago they didnā€™t bury the power lines myself until I looked into it more.

https://www.starenergypartners.com/...any/why-dont-we-bury-power-lines-underground/

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Will be a massive comfortable fortress during hurricanes 0_4b8c94d5-4f00-4a0d-ad43-6e013ced0025_1600x

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Island living in FL and I wondered why years ago they didnā€™t bury the power lines myself until I looked into it more.

https://www.starenergypartners.com/...any/why-dont-we-bury-power-lines-underground/
Weeelllll? Not so fast...
First the most recent reference in the article is 2011, second virtually ALL the new neighborhoods in Brevard County have underground utilities, third our town was told it would cost $2-3K a home to get the lines buried. fourth, I am getting the line from the pole to my house buried this Tuesday. The total cost for me is $60 for the permit, $670 for FPL to take down my aerial line and place it underground. and another $400 for my own electrician to reattach the power up to my house. And I had to dig the ditch and lay the schedule 80 Pvc pipe that they supplied. I am told I will be without electricity for roughly 4 hours.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Also, your article was written for New Jersey.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Weeelllll? Not so fast...
First the most recent reference in the article is 2011, second virtually ALL the new neighborhoods in Brevard County have underground utilities, third our town was told it would cost $2-3K a home to get the lines buried. fourth, I am getting the line from the pole to my house buried this Tuesday. The total cost for me is $60 for the permit, $670 for FPL to take down my aerial line and place it underground. and another $400 for my own electrician to reattach the power up to my house. And I had to dig the ditch and lay the schedule 80 Pvc pipe that they supplied. I am told I will be without electricity for roughly 4 hours.

Good, I bet your neighbors will follow your lead.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I hear you..

Scan 13.jpeg
You lived in a cyberhouse