Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model Y SR, Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I spent some time looking for an air mattress that fits the CT's bed which is 73" long and 51" wide. I didn't find anything. Luno makes a good air mattress for Tesla vehicles, but not for the Cybertruck as yet. Their 6 foot long truck bed mattress has wheel well cut outs which I didn't like. I finally found a workable solution using two EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" memory foam air mattresses. I like that they are only 3" thick since vertical space in the vault is limited (20" at the gate and 29" at depth). The mattresses are a snug fit width-wise. There's no way they will separate at night. I tried lying on them in the bed and they were reasonably comfortable when inflated fully. I was able to get them at REI on sale for $127 each (regular price is $169.95) Here's a photo:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump CybertruckAirMattress

I haven't slept in the vault yet. Anyone 5'-10" or shorter will have no problem (unless you suffer from claustrophobia). I proved to myself that I can open the gate from inside the vault with my Tesla app, as well as open and close the tonneau cover. The LED lights are great. Their intensity can be adjusted on the app.

I think that using the vault for sleeping on a camping trip will work out fine. No need for a tent on the ground or on top of the CT. When there's rain in the forecast, I'll back the truck under a 10'x10' canopy to keep the inside of the vault 100% dry even when opening the tonneau. When it's time to sleep all the things needed for camping are unloaded from the bed and placed outside (locked up if necessary), or put in the cabin behind the front seats. The vault provides a level of security a tent can't.

To heat or cool the vault I'm devising a solution using a BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump which I will show in a later post. The BougeRV is amazingly quiet and has more than enough capacity to heat or cool the 54 cf vault.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump CT Heat Pum
Sponsored

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
My goal is to do nothing that would increase the aerodynamic drag on the truck.
I think I have a vault of pads. From shorties for JMT fast hike to Exped down mat wide and long for winter camps.

Great brand. Good to do 2 vs the larger duo.

Looks awesome šŸ‘

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I spent some time looking for an air mattress that fits the CT's bed which is 73" long and 51" wide. I didn't find anything. Luno makes a good air mattress for Tesla vehicles, but not for the Cybertruck as yet. Their 6 foot long truck bed mattress has wheel well cut outs which I didn't like. I finally found a workable solution using two EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" memory foam air mattresses. I like that they are only 3" thick since vertical space in the vault is limited (20" at the gate and 29" at depth). The mattresses are a snug fit width-wise. There's no way they will separate at night. I tried lying on them in the bed and they were reasonably comfortable when inflated fully. I was able to get them at REI on sale for $127 each (regular price is $169.95) Here's a photo:

CybertruckAirMattress.jpg

I haven't slept in the vault yet. Anyone 5'-10" or shorter will have no problem (unless you suffer from claustrophobia). I proved to myself that I can open the gate from inside the vault with my Tesla app, as well as open and close the tonneau cover. The LED lights are great. Their intensity can be adjusted on the app.

I think that using the vault for sleeping on a camping trip will work out fine. No need for a tent on the ground or on top of the CT. When there's rain in the forecast, I'll back the truck under a 10'x10' canopy to keep the inside of the vault 100% dry even when opening the tonneau. When it's time to sleep all the things needed for camping are unloaded from the bed and placed outside (locked up if necessary), or put in the cabin behind the front seats. The vault provides a level of security a tent can't.

To heat or cool the vault I'm devising a solution using a BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump which I will show in a later post. The BougeRV is amazingly quiet and has more than enough capacity to heat or cool the 54 cf vault.

CT Heat Pump.jpg
Nice option on the mattresses.
Interested how the BougeRV works out, they are a little expensive at around $1,000
Also keep in mind you have to vent the hot side out somehow which I think will be tricky unless you are OK leaving the vault partially open which creates other challenges. The Tesla Cybertruck heat pump and overall HVAC will be WAY more efficient and use less power than the BougeRV just a heads up.

I am still looking at options to open the window from the cabin to the vault, not only for HVAC but as a way for access. If something happens I want to be able to get from my vault bed to the cabin and drive away.

Keep us updated!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump zimage7656

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag

CT Heat Pump.jpg
Are you gonna get a Breezer window for the truck? It will allow air from the cabin to flow into the vault.
I love the setup. Iā€™ll be following your progress!

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you gonna get a Breezer window for the truck? It will allow air from the cabin to flow into the vault.
I love the setup. Iā€™ll be following your progress!
I may, but for other reasons. I came to the conclusion that piping warm or cool air from the cabin wasn't particularly practical without first removing/replacing the rear window (with a slider), and then providing some means of the circulating the cabin air into the vault. It's also less efficient to heat/cool the larger volume unnecessarily.

That's when someone suggested using an ECOFlow portable air conditioner, and it led me to the BougeRV portable heat pump which I feel is better suited to my application in terms of BTU output, weight, size, power, price, and ductability than is the ECOFlow. The one thing the ECOFlow has that the BougeRV doesn't is a phone app to control the settings remotely.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

CT Heat Pump.jpg
I found the Nemo Double air mattress fits nicely with the Nemo Double Sleeping bag!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump IMG_2150.JPG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

CT Heat Pump.jpg
I dont see a way in the Tesla app to change the intensity of the LED lights. only inside the cabin on the screen.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I am going to test in cabin solutions, so I can take advantage climate controls, music, TV/movies, charging ports, etc.

BTW I am a side sleeper, legs not fully extended while sleeping. I am 6'1 and 175 lbs. I found something that lays on the floor in the rear that fits almost perfect, but you are a lot lower and not as much "elbow room". I am going to test out a solution that allows for a "platform" type system that lays on top of the rear seats and covers the open space below.

I am going to test it tonight to see if it fits. This is a photo of my in the backseat of my 2019 Ram Rebel for reference.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump 4BD248E8-B90F-46F2-8213-5CD6F500EF68_1_102_a

wh1t3rbb1t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Founders Edition
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Country flag
Iā€™ll be following along. My wife and I are taking a trip to Big Sur soon and Iā€™m curious what everyone finds out what works best. Iā€™m considering a couple tri fold mattress pads and a large heated blanket may work. If it rains, we may have to go the route of a staked tarp over the truck. Regardless, Iā€™ll be following along. I wanted the basecamp tent but thankfully I didnā€™t end up pulling the trigger on it already šŸ˜…

OP
OP
Cybergirl

Cybergirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™ll be following along. My wife and I are taking a trip to Big Sur soon and Iā€™m curious what everyone finds out what works best. Iā€™m considering a couple tri fold mattress pads and a large heated blanket may work. If it rains, we may have to go the route of a staked tarp over the truck. Regardless, Iā€™ll be following along. I wanted the basecamp tent but thankfully I didnā€™t end up pulling the trigger on it already šŸ˜…
I like to set up a 10'x10' canopy at my campsites. It provides protection from the rain and sun. Optional sides. It quickly folds up to a 8.5"x8.5"x48" package weighing 36 lbs. I'll transport it in the CT's vault

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck bed mattress solution - EXPED 72"x25.6"x3" air mattresses + BougeRV 2900 BTU heat pump Crown Shades Canopy
Sponsored