Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
G'Day Folks, about 10 days before SEMI release to PEPSICO, I sent out numbers on some YouTube sites.
They went like this: 850 kWh battery pack with consumption of 1.7 kWh.
So last Sunday l did the same for CYBRTRK. The 175 kWh battery pack with a usable 163.3 kWh consuming 1 kWh to cover a distance of 3.1miles.
This shows an expected range of 507 miles or for the Metric Heads out there like me, ~810 kms.
MPGe 108

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OMG, I just now realized that there isn't 'any' exoskeleton in these images. This is all internal components. COOL!
Hence all the straight steel underneath holding the pieces in place!

If this is real, it's amazing. Alas, there's a stamped sheet across where the midgate would be.

-Crissa

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
That is disgusting looking. I never expected something so gnarley looking under the beautiful exoskeleton. Honestly, it's like when you splatter some road kill on the highway, they you stop and back up to look at it. I really hope that's not the Cybertruck entrails I'm looking at. We were definitely led to believe it was all SS! What the hell, man. I'm imagining all kind of welded sheets of 30x cold rolled shit under there. I mean, I get that we need giga castings there, I'm OK with that, but the rest of that is shit. What the hell is shit painted white for? I'll be back after vomiting a bit. Maybe a lot. 🤮 😭:mad:
Tres gross.
It could be made of high strength steel which is stronger, lighter and cheaper than SS would be. If so, it really would be the correct design decision I would believe.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That I know of Tesla never stated that the exoskeleton would support the load, only that the exoskeleton would be strong stainless steel and replace some of the usual internal structure.
The front and rear castings and the piece joining them should be the main load-bearing part, with the exoskeleton adding extra strength to the whole.
The stainless does support the load. This assembly can barely support itself. Hence all the straight steel underneath holding all the parts together.

Why do people think exoskeletons are thin eggshells?

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This thing looks like a mockup frame for one of the prototypes. It's all unibody..even could be considered traditional truck frame on the back with those frame rails.
Those rails are not part of the truck.

And it always was unibody. An exoskeleton is a unibody unless segmented. And we know it's not segmented.

Screenshot_20221209_233541_Gallery.jpg

That panel on the bottom would prevent a wheel. Notice the opening on the other side. Also look at the cab it is very level across the top. But for some reason a foot of it extends below passenger side cast
Those two are not the same COMponents on mirrored sides.

No, that makes no sense. The center COMponent of the rear gigcasting and the bed is missing. It fits between them.

What you're seeing is the additional superstructure for mounting the ramp and bed.

Right. Sadly, I was referring to exoskeleton front and rear parts and only later realized that there is no exoskeleton at all in these photographs.
Cela ne ressemble pas du tout à l'exosquelette !
This is the inner side to the exoskeleton. There's an inside and an outside. This is the inside, to be bonded to the skin. This side doesn't have much strength without the rest.

Another’s thing is it looks like two separate casings in the back. So will there be a total of 3 castings per vehicle (1 front, 2 back)?
I see four castings in the back. None of the gigacastings are visible in this picture.

Seriously, it’s been 3 years and a month since I got in line. Now these pictures look like something that was thrown together in 2016.😡
Step ladder, extension cords, propane tanks, caution tape and all…
Gotta make the machines to make the machines!

can you explain why you’d want the filthy stuff blowing all over the cab while you were driving?
I didn't know you guys were so prissy or messy at the same time!

Cover your loads. Clean your bed. ^-^

-Crissa

Last edited:

Pullsen88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW G30, VW Up!, Future Trie Motor CT
Country flag
Those two are not the same COMponents on mirrored sides.

No, that makes no sense. The center COMponent of the rear gigcasting and the bed is missing. It fits between them.

What you're seeing is the additional superstructure for mounting the ramp and bed.

This is the inner side to the exoskeleton. There's an inside and an outside.

-Crissa
Mentioned nothing about the rear giga casting.
This is an additional casting support, look at all the mounting points for for radial forces. Also the hole in the right cast looks like a shielding for a cylinder (engine housing).

maybe we looking at the cast that will be mounted below the engine. Order would be giga cast, engine and rear axle steering components (axial forces) than this castings.

I would design the mounting points for the hinge (back door/ramp) on the rear end of the giga casting. Right above of the trailer hitch mounting area. I would avoid to mount the back door on two different parts (left to right) tolerance chain for this distance in mind.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
maybe we looking at the cast that will be mounted below the engine. Order would be giga cast, engine and rear axle steering components (axial forces) than this castings.
No frame components are mounted below the other Models' motors? The motor nestles into the rear assembly.

-Crissa

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Let me throw this into the mix of incredible commentary on this rear casting. The lower trailing end of the casting that sits atop the closest vertical steel support member of the dolly frame, indicates to me that will be an insertion point for the connecting 'horseshoe' tow-hitch member, that also ties together the trailing ends of the Giga Casting.
It's gonna be 'BEEFY' hauling 14700lbs+ especially when we talk QUAD CYBRTRK.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I am saying it is a Photoshop. Actually probably AI generator
I have some experience with analysing digital photos for manipulation. There are a range of things to look for, basic stuff like Exif data and signs that certain known tools were used that leave a trace like the clone tool/spot healer tool.

You look for repeated sections, sections that have a separate colour space or resolution to indicate two photos were merged together. Pixel density, lighting sources shadows and reflections, simple things all illustrators can do like leading lines, where is the horizon and what is the perspective.

Now this is a screenshot from a video as far as I can tell, and has all sorts of video compression artefacts, fringing and low resolution, all of which can be used to obscure more obvious signs of manipulation, but that being said, I can't see anything giving away that this is more than one image put together, and it is certainly not a CG render.
It could be an AI generated image and i'm less experienced with those, but I don't see telltale signs of that either.

And even if it was a legit picture of a Tesla powder coating facility for authenticity, which I believe it is, merged with another image of a Cybertruck Chassis, the question would still remain: "Where the hell did the picture of the Cybertruck Chassis come from?". If we can get a second source picture of that facility it would be an excellent confirmation.

The fakest looking part of this image is that dinky looking sign that says "POWDER COAT", but even that has correct lighting, from above and in front, with some sort of structural member casting a shadow on it.

For me the deciding factor is just that it's a bad photo, which humans are excellent at taking with smartphones. It's vertical, like an idiot human would take, (with the correct lens distortion on all objects in the frame), and the composition is terrible, not even at the right angle, should be maybe 2.4 degrees clockwise.

Unless someone has been kit-bashing very detailed models together to get something that looks like a realistic structural Cybertruck frame in their spare time, (plausible), has access to Tesla or similar sized facilities to get the base photo, (possible), and has some kind of next level ninja skills with lighting and photography, BUT also the ability to resist the urge to use those skills and purposefully take an intentionally shitty photo, (in my experience with photographers that's completely impossible), I think this photo is completely legit.

I give permission for everyone to get excited.
(of course I could be wrong but that's true of everyone here)
[I don't have a degree in pixel peeping just a lot of experience]
{isn't it fun that there are so many kinds of brackets?}

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
That's alot of shims to hold the parts in place.

...and no midgate.

And no wing storage.

-Crissa
Does this mean that the one-of-a-kind Italian gigapress is in place and working?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Does not negate possibility of there being sail pillar storage if the casting is on the interior side of the sail pillar which would make sense if the sail storage opened on the exterior side of the truck.

Look at the picture, the casting has a ledge/shelf/top support for suspension shock tower that sticks out at the bottom of the sail area sloping casting. This ledge would also the support for the bottom of the sail pillar storage.

Looking at just one side of rear bed body the exterior 3mm stainless steel (with crease) and the interior sail pillar plus the bed-side casting together could form a 3d shape pyramid instead of a 2d shape triangle.

Image a pyramid that is turned on it's side so the base of the pyramid is vertical (this would be inside of bed and back side of sail pillar), the peak of the pyramid would be the exterior horizontal crease line of the exterior 3mm stainless steel, above the crease would be sail pillar storage door frame with the door being the upper exterior 3mm stainless steel, and below the crease is just 3mm stainless steel panel.
Thinner than I hoped then.
Sponsored