Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
No.
  1. In California, Oregon, and Washington, 'dealer' just means a retail outlet selling a product. It doesn't mean a franchise.
  2. Texas uses the point of sale as where you file the papers. Not where it's delivered.
I don't know why you insist on continuing this argument.

...They canceled the delivery dates on Thursday and Friday.

What specifics do you deserve? This is nonsensical. They can't give you a truck when there's a liability.

...Someone who paid in advance and realizes that a company can't release a vehicle to them which they would be liabile for a known fault?

It's strange why you'd be upset at them for the choice you made to pay in advance for a vehicle that wasn't in your hands. This is the proverbial piano from the sky moment. It's funny because it happens sometimes and you gotta laugh or cry.

If you're mad, you're not okay. You have no right to be angry with anyone but yourself.

-Crissa
🤣 wtf?! You have no right to tell him he has no right to be angry. Quite condescending of you to tell him he’s not okay if he’s mad. Are you the thought police? Orwellian platform? Chill. You can make a point without that last ridiculous paragraph.

Avery21

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck on the way!
Occupation
MD
Country flag
Hahaha bro bro, what the hell is this OR comparison?! As a physician, I’ve gotta say it’s pritttayyy prittayyy cringey to read in a Cybertruck forum.
Dude its an analogy about communication. Thats all. Tesla has messed this situation up. We would be called into an office and reprimanded either by a administrator or a lawyer if a patient was left in the dark and care delayed.

Mase

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Cybertruck, 23 X Plaid, 18 M3P
Occupation
:)
Country flag
Picked mine up today from Scottsdale. It was originally scheduled 4/13 then containment. Mine has a rivet in the pedal (for those that think they’re not doing that any longer) and they rolled it out to me today. It was a great experience. All around. Looked to have about 6 or 7 in the lot. So excited. Hope everyone gets theirs soon!

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Wow congrats! Lets see it!
No thats not how it would go down. I would get call from the OR charge nurse saying there was a mechanical issue with the OR that would make the case unsafe. I would pass this information on to my patient and explain that this was out of my control, Im sorry this happened, but I have my schedule right here and lets find a date that works best for you and me in the future. And, If it was a more urgent case, I would find another hospital to do it at.

The overall point is, Its NOT about what caused the room failure, its the COMMUNICATION, with the end user it affects. I don't care that someone put more soap on the pedal, or the tabs broke on the pedal, Im actually very happy they stopped the delivery for safety reasons. Im pissed that they have been so vague and poor at giving me some basic courteous information to keep me updated on the process. Its a poor business practice and needs help.
Don't bother engaging. They clearly know everything about anything. Drink the kool-aid already!

Woodrick-
If the vent wasn't working they'd get a second and you bet your ass id be telling the patient why if anesthesia couldn't figure their shit out. Don't make up scenarios to fit your thoughts.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If I cancelled my patients cancer case and...
Dude. You're not going to die because you didn't get a new truck delivered during a safety pause. Talk about melodramatic.

Had the text said, "We're sorry but due to safety issues with an accelerator pedal/safety issue, we were just informed about, we have to postpone your delivery until XX date.
But at that point:
  1. They didn't know the full limit of the pause.
  2. Saying 'safety' would cause a bunch of 'confirmed! Cybertrucks aren't safe!'
  3. And they did say when the next date of deliveries were plausible.
So they literally could not have done what you wanted.

🤣 wtf?! You have no right to tell him he has no right to be angry. Quite condescending of you to tell him he’s not okay if he’s mad. Are you the thought police? Orwellian platform? Chill. You can make a point without that last ridiculous paragraph.
How is this thought police? These aren't just thoughts. These are posts on a public forum.

Chill is what they need.

If the vent wasn't working they'd get a second and you bet your ass id be telling the patient why if anesthesia couldn't figure their shit out. Don't make up scenarios to fit your thoughts.
So you're going to call the patient up at 3am? Personally?

I call bullshit. Every time I've had a cancellation due to that I get a call at 8-10am but I was supposed to be there at 6am. Which is useless, because I was already there.

Heck, once I had a judge and lawyer change a date on me and called me at 9am and the court was at 10am but I was at work over an hour away. And this is before cell phones were common (1996). At least I didn't need to be there.

-Crissa

Scurvmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 chevy colorado, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Aww dang man, yeah I was afraid something was going to come up. None of us waiting have been given any info on why we havn't gotten the truck when its literally sitting right there. Just told to "wait till we text you." This is the first reason Ive heard of some one not getting it because they had to wait for others, which makes me think its a made up excuse. The service centers love to come up with fake answers to get you out of their face. I bet its due to the pedal issue to be honest, that makes the most sense. Please keep us posted. We all want everyone to get their trucks!
I thought maybe they didn’t have the rivet tools yet, but I specifically asked him if that was done and he said yes. I expect a phone call from him within the next few hours so we shall see.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No thats not how it would go down. I would get call from the OR charge nurse saying there was a mechanical issue with the OR that would make the case unsafe. I would pass this information on to my patient and explain that this was out of my control, Im sorry this happened, but I have my schedule right here and lets find a date that works best for you and me in the future. And, If it was a more urgent case, I would find another hospital to do it at.

The overall point is, Its NOT about what caused the room failure, its the COMMUNICATION, with the end user it affects. I don't care that someone put more soap on the pedal, or the tabs broke on the pedal, Im actually very happy they stopped the delivery for safety reasons. Im pissed that they have been so vague and poor at giving me some basic courteous information to keep me updated on the process. Its a poor business practice and needs help.
Oh, so the charge nurse knows the details of the problem? I doubt that.
Do they know how long the OR is going to be down? Not at 6 in the morning.

So are you going to move your entire schedule forward? Or are you going to take the existing surgeries and schedule them for the next available slot, 1 year in the future? (Tesla's next available spot may be even further)
Do you treat every patient the same? Or do you do a lot of shuffling to accommodate those needing urgent surgery vs those not as immediate?

Evidently you didn't take all of this into consideration when you planed your response.

And in the waiting room, the families of two paitents start talking. Why did the Dr schedule my loved one for tomorrow, but yours is 3 weeks out?

But heck, you're the Dr, you expect the people who work for you to figure all of this out.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Don't bother engaging. They clearly know everything about anything. Drink the kool-aid already!

Woodrick-
Oh yeah, it's that easy.

The ventilation systems is a combination of dozens of parts and chillers that require helicopters to lift in place. OR systems have all sorts of filtration devices and organism killing devices.
There is no "get a second one"

And if you thought that I was talking about a patient vent, well, they aren't cheap and there's not a plethora of extras, but they didn't have one or else they wouldn't have had to cancel surgeries.

It's so easy to armchair quarterback Tesla.

DO you really think that it is their goal to upset customers, if so, time to go somewhere else.

It's only a freaking truck, not a lifesaving drug. Chill dude.

Synchronicity786

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Everyone is projecting onto each other lol. Let’s just project it all into Tesla. Or ourselves. *high five, runs away*

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
At the service center. Part STILL not in and no ETA.
So messed up. They should give you the option of installing a rivet or waiting for the pre-rivitted pedal. It sounds like the same fix either way, and considering many people have got the rivet option installed why can't you?

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
So messed up. They should give you the option of installing a rivet or waiting for the pre-rivitted pedal. It sounds like the same fix either way, and considering many people have got the rivet option installed why can't you?
They said they got an internal email stating that service centers that did not receive the rivet repair kit will be getting complete pedal assemblies instead, with the rivet pre-installed. They said they can’t make enough 3D printed jigs, which makes ZERO sense. And the mobile service techs are going to need those jigs to do repairs on the trucks rolling around now, I don’t understand wtf is going on. Shameful of Tesla.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
You’re clearly missing the point and taking this to a whole new level which I’m done participating in.
I'm not missing the point. You are upset that Tesla is not babysitting you through the process.
Sponsored