AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
The fundamental principle of humanity is that people will do the least amount of work in a day possible that they can get away with. The plus or minus on deliveries per day can be quite large depending on work culture and individual motivation IMHO.

You are very short-sighted and haven't seem to have given much thought to buyer perspective at all. Imagine Tesla tells you a delivery window, then doesn't communicate, you trust it and get a 100k loan. Then delivery window is missed, regardless of the validity of the reason, and loan expires. Now the buyer has to get another credit check (lowers your score) and interest rate may fluctuate. If you wait until last minute for loan and then tesla gives your truck to someone else because you didn't fit 3 day delivery window. Is that ok?

A buyer flies back from overseas because tesla makes it hard to use a power of attorney for vehicle pick up and then truck isn't ready and there is no communication. Is that ok?

A buyer shows up to delivery only for it to be cancelled because a known issue with the truck that sc knew about but didn't communicate to buyer wasn't fixed in time. So it's OK for the buyer to take time off work for nothing because sc couldn't get their shit together?

In the age of tech, especially with tesla, even a bot that has access to vin and build data and expected delivery date or date when rivet fix will arrive would be quite easy to set up. Then your selfless heroes, the SC employees, could go on saving the world uninterrupted.

The reason the communication is so shitty is because tesla has correctly figured their product is still worth the bullshit but that doesn't mean we should be OK with it or that simple steps couldn't be taken to enhance delivery experience.
Don’t even bother replying to Woodrick. He is obviously using ChatGPT to help him formulate responses in order to play devil’s advocate on the forum. He has written 2400+ posts in 3 months, no one has the mental stamina to argue with basically every forum member over semantics and poor service
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
The fundamental principle of humanity is that people will do the least amount of work in a day possible that they can get away with. The plus or minus on deliveries per day can be quite large depending on work culture and individual motivation IMHO.

You are very short-sighted and haven't seem to have given much thought to buyer perspective at all. Imagine Tesla tells you a delivery window, then doesn't communicate, you trust it and get a 100k loan. Then delivery window is missed, regardless of the validity of the reason, and loan expires. Now the buyer has to get another credit check (lowers your score) and interest rate may fluctuate. If you wait until last minute for loan and then tesla gives your truck to someone else because you didn't fit 3 day delivery window. Is that ok?

A buyer flies back from overseas because tesla makes it hard to use a power of attorney for vehicle pick up and then truck isn't ready and there is no communication. Is that ok?

A buyer shows up to delivery only for it to be cancelled because a known issue with the truck that sc knew about but didn't communicate to buyer wasn't fixed in time. So it's OK for the buyer to take time off work for nothing because sc couldn't get their shit together?

In the age of tech, especially with tesla, even a bot that has access to vin and build data and expected delivery date or date when rivet fix will arrive would be quite easy to set up. Then your selfless heroes, the SC employees, could go on saving the world uninterrupted.

The reason the communication is so shitty is because tesla has correctly figured their product is still worth the bullshit but that doesn't mean we should be OK with it or that simple steps couldn't be taken to enhance delivery experience.
So no, that's not a fundamental principle of humanity. And even if it was, your company going through recent layoffs suggest that those who stay may be working a little harder now.

I am not short-sighted. It's you who seem to be making the short-sighted conclusion.

I got my VIN 2-3 weeks ago, just before the hold went into place. So, you see, not only have I thought about the buyer experience, I'm living it.

No, having to resubmit the loan doesn't mean that they do another credit pull, others have shown that it doesn't. But again, you assume that I have no idea of the impact. I just did my 3rd application, first after order, second after VIN and original expired and 3rd today after price was adjusted for tax.
The loan approval has been fast, maybe 2 days the first time, overnight the second, and about 2 minutes this morning.

A buyer that is out of town is indeed not a great story. But I've seen it before. It was the same rules 6 years ago with the introduction of the Model 3. There were a few people caught in the scenario, but whenever possible, Tesla worked with them.

Your thoughts of how simple it would be to setup a bot to do this are extremely naive. First, they've got bots with AI doing a lot of this already. But with a little reading you may find that there are still Service Center without the ability to do the repairs yet, but they are actively scheduling customer for the next few days. My pickup is on Saturday.

I'm sorry if my suggestions of reality aren't what you want to hear. I'm just trying to be helpful. I've been through this before with mt Model 3. My wife stood in line to order, so I was really early in the reservation queue. But yet, it was about 9 months after they first started shipping that I got my car.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Last edited:

Wattsm309

First Name
Watts
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y,s,cyber
Occupation
Rock Star
Country flag
Babysitting? No you drop 100k on a car and you hear not a peep after your told it’s getting delivered and told to get insurance and don’t hear a word for a month is straight bull 5 hit plain and simple. So if you like being talked to the way you are speaking keep it up

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Hi @Sasmania any update since Wednesday? I got my Scottsdale VIN this morning and finished my open tasks, curious if anything happened next for you yet.
YES, got a delivery scheduled for Sunday at 4....

Bob-offroader

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I also found Progressive Insurance to be lowest cost option, except for Tesla insurance. Of course lots of variation...age, car(s), driving history....
WHY PROGRESSIVE declined me?! Say their reply came in this morning, “ The vehicle make that is causing your quote to be blocked is the Tesla. This is due to Progressive being unable to adequately price for this vehicle, which makes it difficult to accurately rate your quote and offer you one at this time”. I am in WA. Or they just make excuse because I have short insurance history?

OP
OP
Pstryker

Pstryker

First Name
Pstryker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Ram 1500
Occupation
Video Production
Country flag
For the love of god- Telsa- message me and make an appointment!!!

JesseDGreat

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y and 2022 Model S
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I got a called from TESLA about my CT...after I text them to ask about my status and that the blank check that I got from my bank will expire in 1 week. I got a call within 5 minutes. Before this text, I did not have a delivery date but I was told 2 weeks ago that they would have one for me in a few days.

So once Tesla called, they told me they would locate my CT and call me back. AN hour later the SC called me and scheduled a delivery day of April 30th. Im not sure if my vin ( 57**) had the faulty pedal or not.

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
I got my Cybertruck. I apologized to the service manager and parts manager for stopping in every other day to ask for status. Want to know what they told me? Don’t apologize, if it wasn’t for me they would still be waiting for the repair kit (it was never ordered to begin with). They had to escalate the order with the regional manager to get the repair kit/jig sent overnight. So be persistent, be the squeaky wheel. Be kind and calm, and vent your anger to other likeminded people (it can be comforting)

Kilee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I got my Cybertruck. I apologized to the service manager and parts manager for stopping in every other day to ask for status. Want to know what they told me? Don’t apologize, if it wasn’t for me they would still be waiting for the repair kit (it was never ordered to begin with). They had to escalate the order with the regional manager to get the repair kit/jig sent overnight. So be persistent, be the squeaky wheel. Be kind and calm, and vent your anger to other likeminded people (it can be comforting)
Congrats!
I was told today that there was a hold placed on all CB’s as of last night. Trucks been sitting there for almost 2 weeks. Pedals fixed. I don’t know what to believe when they tell me something anymore.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Glad you got your truck and hope you love it. I am waiting on my sc to get the jig and same issue may be at play. My truck is on the lot and I've inspected exterior...I would have brought a stack of dollar bills if I'd have known such a tease would occur.

I am anxiously awaiting the responses to your post almost as much as getting my truck.

Toylover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
It’s a bit hard to chill when it’s 10 days from the hold order and i still don’t have my 108k back or a vehicle.

You are assuming the situation isn’t black and white. You may be right.
But who knows. The facts of the matter are that to date I haven’t received any official communication from any Tesla employee that their is even a problem with the truck. Just radio silence. Not a very customer friendly experience.

I believe this could and should have been handled better. I’ve been driving a Tesla for over 5 years and 170k miles I’m on my second model X. Electric vehicles are incredible and Tesla makes the best electric vehicles. They just have no idea how to treat customers. And we all tolerate it because the vehicles are so well built and revolutionary.

No matter how well built and revolutionary it doesn’t justify this lack of communication.

I do appreciate you taking the time to Express your opinion.

By the way this actually was my second delivery date. I was suppose to receive my CT the last week of March. I’m close to the Pittsburgh store and they had me taking delivery in Philladelphia 250 miles away. It took them 2 weeks to get it to the right delivery center.
Hey, I see that you took delivery in the Wexford area, I am in that area as well. What delivery center did they finally end up assigning you? Was it the Pittsburgh-Presto one in Bridgeville, PA?
Sponsored