g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Would definitely be cool to see the range.

I have a feeling about the ramp just cause it's such a segmented use case I think. I hope for your sake it's there. But I just want trucks out as fast as possible.
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
We're getting close. Semi in production, it appears part of the Press is in the US of A..

Here's my guesses on whats in store.

I think they're scrapping cheap semi, Semi will be 500 mile variant excl for now, but that'll improve with battery tech / production cap. 500 mile semi will be $199k. Preorders locked at intro price however.

Cybertruck...

Scrapping cheap Cybertruck, pricing Cybertruck at high 60's, low 70's, honoring FSD.

Having a range of 340 miles(170 miles by Lightning tow standards) which gets you mostly charger to charger easily in USA.
I bet it's dual motors, which is 4 wheel drive, but leaves Tesla enough production capacity to really crank them out. Only upgrade for now is wheels, incl. the wheels we keep seeing, upgraded wheels are larger tires on the OG prototype wheel.

Truck has a folding mid gate. True bed length open air is about 5'6".
Mid gate down is 9'.
Tail gate ramp we see initially demo'd is scrapped.(think reality of use....it's another thing that few people will use practically, that jams up production rate)

Tonneau, 4 wheel drive, diamond steering/ rear steer, build quality, tow package, adjustable active air suspension.... that is all incl. and not premium'd.

TECH BANDWAGON GUESS...

-We saw last month the spotted unit running a LIDAR sensor system. Although different, Tesla just dropped the radar detectors. Cybertruck will not have them. However, the cluster of computers they have has been studying roads already. They Cybertruck will have a machine learning 4 wheel drive system to guess the suspension so it can accommodate crazy bumps easily.
-Charging will be insane. They figured out some kind of advanced battery cooling that allows the Cybertruck to do 70% battery in under 15 minutes. I am guessing closer to 12. (70% semi in 30 minutes based). 450kwh superchargers announced, cybertruck does 350kwh but the Semi can park at these 450KWH chargers for longer periods and get 100% in like 2 hours or something.

My only other last guess for no other reason than to appease people and piss off Legacy, 4 motor variant late next year that does about 400 miles. $92k. Includes OG prototype wheels.
The Brawley from Vanderhaul is looking like PlanB

mje

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Internet Provider
Country flag
What about the Battery System?
I'd personally like to see an 800(+) Volt system with full V2G capability.
Am also hoping for 500+ mile range.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My dream config is something at least as good as the tri motor announced parked in my driveway. Though if there was a dual motor truck with 400 miles range instead of 500 Iā€™d be all over that.

Honestly donā€™t get the stretch goals people keep cranking out.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
My dream config is something at least as good as the tri motor announced parked in my driveway. Though if there was a dual motor truck with 400 miles range instead of 500 Iā€™d be all over that.

Honestly donā€™t get the stretch goals people keep cranking out.
I am not trying to be too nutty? Apologies thoughts and prayers lol

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I am not trying to be too nutty? Apologies thoughts and prayers lol
Probably shouldnā€™t have phrased it that way.

My point is simply that Tesla promised us a great truck already. Adding 4WS (which is likely for all models) is amazing. So long as they meet the expectations they set, I really donā€™t care about much else. I definitely donā€™t want anything that cranks the price up to ridiculous levels.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

My point is simply that Tesla promised us a great truck already. Adding 4WS (which is likely for all models) is amazing. So long as they meet the expectations they set, I really donā€™t care about much else. I definitely donā€™t want anything that cranks the price up to ridiculous levels.
Maybe my fault, calling this a "dream configuration" thread. I think my post is pretty realistic.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I reserved the 69k version which at the time was a three motor 4WD.
I do not expect to get a CT for this price but I would go up to 75-80K to get one.
We paid 73K for the Diesel Pig last year to replace our aging Diesel Pig so sticker shock is not an issue with me.
I assume (hope) that when it comes time to build mine I'll get an email telling me to log in to the Tesla sales site and configure my truck.
I been buying Tesla shares in the dip and if the stock is selling at 800 or better per share I could probably sell most of my shares and pay cash.
I wouldn't do that due to the Capitol Gains hit I would take but I would sell enough shares to make my payment less than 1000 a month.
I basically want a Tradesman (plain Jane) version since the less high tech the better for this recovering Luddite.
No carpet, vinyl seats and trim, comfortable seats, decent media center and the 0-60 factor will make me happy.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag

So much promiseā€¦

Apparently the Cybertruck, that Cybertruck, that Tesla promised with a full set of expectations and Elonā€™s honey badger ā€œtruck itā€ innovatorā€™s magnum opus are unattainable. No longer are they on Teslaā€™s web platform nor production either.

Elon couldnā€™t just stick Cybertruck to FORD. Quad transmogrified Cybertruck into ā€œtrueā€ 4x4 ā€™cuz ā€œtruck itā€. Truck it to the lowball $99 deposit holders. Truck it to cheap Charlie Single Cybertruck orders who thought they could get a free, as in $60k pickup for $40k. And truck it to Rivian and anybody who thinks 3<4 ā€“ this Quad is for you.

Tesla Semi truck identical motors only uses three. Thatā€˜s three motors pulling 80000 lbs., so what Quad is doing with four motors is, in the main, outside the Cybertruck design brief, engineering intent and all necessity.

Single, Dual and Tri motor variants of Cybertruck are unobtainable, the silly $99 depositors Elon now snickers at and not even the original specs survive launch hoopla. Quad literally wiped those Cybertrucks off its platform. That Cybertruck gone for now may be gone - for ever.

Not only is auto manufacture hard its proving no amount of money, design, engineering or human ingenuity can crack the economy of scale valley EVā€™s are trapped between electricity and petroleum.

IF the moonshot Optimus fails to exceed human and solve for scale, OEM automotive in the battery era is dead to mass consumers. Elite(7%) wealth, commercial and shared transportation can only purchase EVā€™s.

Economy of scale can not be solved at the vehicle level. Mass transit, gig economies and change in society structure transpires. Rural disappears, metro hubs ascend and charge corridors are the new roadmap that dissembles car anywhere freedom. Planning has that potential to change traffic and with charging distribution goes the EVā€™s. No chargers - no EVs.

Barren EV islands, preserves and wilds without charging will need new designation, definition and purposes other than the energy deserts they circumscribe. Robotaxi put the EV before the robot. FSD is a given no matter. The human cost, wonā€™t matter. Perfect is the enemy of good.

In that new reality, Green maths are different. What matter are gravity wells where Russia, russian resources and its sovereign treasury in resource riches inure to Humanityā€™s survival.

At what costā€¦the world has heard in deeds and words how far it must accommodate the fabric of Green Energy if it is to survive. Quad Cybertruck is merely a cast of victims that wonā€™t get a Cybertruck they were promised. Quad is the Cybertruck borne of a Green economy, Green World and the single, dual and tri may never see the future.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
So much promiseā€¦

Apparently the Cybertruck, that Cybertruck, that Tesla promised with a full set of expectations and Elonā€™s honey badger ā€œtruck itā€ innovatorā€™s magnum opus are unattainable. No longer are they on Teslaā€™s web platform nor production either.
You do realize it is indeed on their website right? Like. It's under menu, where I believe it's always been. I am sick of waiting too, but I don't think they're putting out a truck to compete with Ford or Rivian. You could chalk it up to that, but I really don't think there will be a TON of similarity when it's done. Function or performance. If that's the case, and that the Cybertruck is a lost cause, grab something else man! Not being a warrior or a fan boy, I wouldn't be settling a ~70k purchase personally dude. I'm sorry you're over it, I can relate. We're almost there!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So much promiseā€¦

Apparently the Cybertruck, that Cybertruck, that Tesla promised with a full set of expectations and Elonā€™s honey badger ā€œtruck itā€ innovatorā€™s magnum opus are unattainable. No longer are they on Teslaā€™s web platform nor production either. ā€¦.
People have such vivid imaginations.

If/ when/ why Tesla does move our cheese, Iā€™ll worry about it. Iā€™m not spending brain cycles worried about imagined changes based on conjecture run wild.
Sponsored