Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
So much promise…

Apparently the Cybertruck, that Cybertruck, that Tesla promised with a full set of expectations and Elon’s honey badger “truck it” innovator’s magnum opus are unattainable. No longer are they on Tesla’s web platform nor production either.

Elon couldn’t just stick Cybertruck to FORD. Quad transmogrified Cybertruck into “true” 4x4 ’cuz “truck it”. Truck it to the lowball $99 deposit holders. Truck it to cheap Charlie Single Cybertruck orders who thought they could get a free, as in $60k pickup for $40k. And truck it to Rivian and anybody who thinks 3<4 – this Quad is for you.

Tesla Semi truck identical motors only uses three. That‘s three motors pulling 80000 lbs., so what Quad is doing with four motors is, in the main, outside the Cybertruck design brief, engineering intent and all necessity.

Single, Dual and Tri motor variants of Cybertruck are unobtainable, the silly $99 depositors Elon now snickers at and not even the original specs survive launch hoopla. Quad literally wiped those Cybertrucks off its platform. That Cybertruck gone for now may be gone - for ever.

Not only is auto manufacture hard its proving no amount of money, design, engineering or human ingenuity can crack the economy of scale valley EV’s are trapped between electricity and petroleum.

IF the moonshot Optimus fails to exceed human and solve for scale, OEM automotive in the battery era is dead to mass consumers. Elite(7%) wealth, commercial and shared transportation can only purchase EV’s.

Economy of scale can not be solved at the vehicle level. Mass transit, gig economies and change in society structure transpires. Rural disappears, metro hubs ascend and charge corridors are the new roadmap that dissembles car anywhere freedom. Planning has that potential to change traffic and with charging distribution goes the EV’s. No chargers - no EVs.

Barren EV islands, preserves and wilds without charging will need new designation, definition and purposes other than the energy deserts they circumscribe. Robotaxi put the EV before the robot. FSD is a given no matter. The human cost, won’t matter. Perfect is the enemy of good.

In that new reality, Green maths are different. What matter are gravity wells where Russia, russian resources and its sovereign treasury in resource riches inure to Humanity’s survival.

At what cost…the world has heard in deeds and words how far it must accommodate the fabric of Green Energy if it is to survive. Quad Cybertruck is merely a cast of victims that won’t get a Cybertruck they were promised. Quad is the Cybertruck borne of a Green economy, Green World and the single, dual and tri may never see the future.
Elon's vision about changing the paradigm of vehicle ownership is much like his vision for space. In both cases he has great points. The problem is the timing and the politics.

In order for personal vehicles to become obsolete FSD has to be level 4-5 amazing. We are still 2 years away before the robo-taxi transformation starts. People want to own a truck in the mean time. Tesla advertised a compelling truck at a compelling price and they will deliver. Mid 2023.

Looking at the projected timing of FSD and the CT, both have slipped. FSD more than the CT. I think Elon may have thought the transformation may have started before the CT reached full production. This would have decreased the demand for CT. Now Tesla will just have to make more.

In 4 years time robotaxi will actually make a dent in personal vehicle ownership. Where will we be on the CT rollout.? Will they ever need to deliver the lowest profit units? IDK.

In the case of colonizing space, either we need to escape, there is profit, or adventure or some combination. I don't think we will be colonizing Mars in the next 40 years. Asteroid mining. Maybe.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
People have such vivid imaginations.

If/ when/ why Tesla does move our cheese, I’ll worry about it. I’m not spending brain cycles worried about imagined changes based on conjecture run wild.
Aside from that we're doing that...

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Will they ever need to deliver the lowest profit units? IDK.
Trillion dollar question! Probably. Not.

By 2050 BEV should be a solved problem. It’s really how well opportunity blesses Tesla other ventures in Energy, Automation and Robotics. TSLA is well positioned to disrupt those three industries as it has automotive.

TSLA investors should double wealth at every disruption. a 6X minimum compound ROI for the long term holds. At the end of the Tesla era, selling cheap battery cars is not the lasting impression that people will be left holding.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Will they ever need to deliver the lowest profit units? IDK.
According to reservation tracker, 7% were singles. So, good reason to not bother really I think.

Would you rather sale 100 doodadds or 65 doodadds for the same profit? Less potential errors. Higher margin.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
You do realize it is indeed on their website right? Like. It's under menu, where I believe it's always been. I am sick of waiting too, but I don't think they're putting out a truck to compete with Ford or Rivian. You could chalk it up to that, but I really don't think there will be a TON of similarity when it's done. Function or performance. If that's the case, and that the Cybertruck is a lost cause, grab something else man! Not being a warrior or a fan boy, I wouldn't be settling a ~70k purchase personally dude. I'm sorry you're over it, I can relate. We're almost there!!
Nah, not that Cybertruck. There is no more Single, Dual or Tri motor Cybertruck. That Cybertruck, and those specs are no more. Gone.

In its place, the “Order Cybertruck” and the empty vote of confidence you’ve chosen door number 4. Whatever is behind door number 4.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Nah, not that Cybertruck. There is no more Single, Dual or Tri motor Cybertruck. That Cybertruck, and those specs are no more. Gone.

In its place, the “Order Cybertruck” and the empty vote of confidence you’ve chosen door number 4. Whatever is behind door number 4.
It's gonna be a hybrid of it all. "order cybertruck" will lead you to one spec. (I know nothing..)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Whatever energy source Star Trek was using, we are sure to have it come true.

We now have ALON, which could be a surprise for the CT. Maybe we will also have antimatter fusion. Could add $5000, but I'll take it.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
According to reservation tracker, 7% were singles. So, good reason to not bother really I think.
Depends on what business Elon Musk‘s Tesla is in. Tesla Motors were that Tesla’s core competency could produce 70k Cybertrucks.

Tesla automation and robotics Elon Musk’s Tesla is not competent enough to build 7 Cybertrucks much less 10X that.

Tesla Energy Elon Musk’s Tesla can’t yet build the batteries so its unobtainium for Cybertrucks much less 70k of them.

At what point do you just not bother producing your emblematic iconic product? If Tesla has already achieved that marque before its founding father’s magnum opus…I think the company in trouble.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cybertrucks ordered for five years from first deliveries are clearly not the same as the ones which will be delivered in the first five years.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Would you rather sale 100 doodadds or 65 doodadds for the same profit? Less potential errors. Higher margin.
Thats 70,000 trucks and likely thousands more per year after that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, but in 5 years when it comes out there will still be demand.
Exactly.

And the option had to be given, otherwise they wouldn't have a decent picture of the range of demand and price points (clearly demand is higher than anyone in the industry was willing to admit.)

-Crissa

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Country flag
People who want the cheapest truck aren't the same ones who'll sign up to get a truck years later.

-Crissa
FORD wouldn’t have sold pickups 45yrs. which lead all OEM’s. Critically, the cheap ass Ford pickup saved FORD’s bacon after its aero-sedans crumpted its car division. Importantly, the F-150 needs no further introduction, maker or model distinction neither.
Simply on the strength of its cheap ass reputation of working, built to work and priced for work FORD is not only in the EV game but leading the mfg of pickups, in the face of all aspirations to the contrary.
Just like a FORD, its gettin’r done without the soul crush debt drag Tesla is want to extract for its ego flex performant pinnacle pickup.
Cybertruck wins First Principles hands down over the Lightning. But as in writing…never under estimate your audience; or snicker.
Sponsored