Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
That’s really your only concern?
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. The 2024 Cybertruck is not as good as the 2019 Cybertruck in my opinion, and it hasn’t made my wildest dreams come true, but it’s “good enough” for me!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That’s really your only concern?
Yes

The range test that was performed at a lower temperature with almost completely highway miles is what people should be expecting, especially with those tires.

The charging curve is obviously something Tesla will be putting time towards improving, like they have done already to improve charging on current models.

The 'grinding noise' or whatever that was noticed is something that can be identified and improved, and it can likely be fixed on any that have already been sold. I am not going to assume that Tesla will take my model 3 in and fix the loud highway noise (which they did), but won't take a Cybertruck in to do the same.

FSD/Autopilot/Steam and any other software related things, I have full confidence will be added. This will likely be fixed long before I even get mine delivered to me in Canada.

The only concern I could have is that they don't fix it or they take too long. And I'm not concerned because I don't believe that will be the case.

Like you are making a list of concerns from Tesla? I would bet my spot in line that it gets ignored. Because it's not your concern from your truck, it's someone else's concern that you learned about by watching their review, that's probably been viewed by countless people and I bet Tesla is already aware about what had been found.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. The 2024 Cybertruck is not as good as the 2019 Cybertruck in my opinion, and it hasn’t made my wildest dreams come true, but it’s “good enough” for me!
Yup and the 2024 is probably not as good as the 2027 will be but when that comes and I like it even more than the 2024, I’ll upgrade to that. Until then I’m like you. It’s good enough for now.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Putting together a formal list of concerns regarding the Cybertruck to present to Tesla. I want to make sure I don’t miss anything and I need your help.

1- What are your top 5 and how did you arrive at your conclusion?
2- Practically, How would you like to have Tesla resolve your Top 5?

Please provide as many facts as possible. Speculation will get us nowhere.
I'm sorry, but ROTFLMAO.

What you going to do? Post it on X?

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
I mean honestly, do you not think that Tesla had multiple meetings on all of this? Sure they did. But they had to ship something that technology could produce and at a price they thought people would buy. After all, they aren't making any money on these things for a long time.

People accuse the Foundation as being a money grab, quite contrary, they are still probably going to lose maybe $30k on each of the Foundations out the door.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My biggest concern is that it’s maybe too awesome. Also worried I won’t be able to beat off all the chicks that will be drawn to its magnetism and my wife will get cranky.
There have been a few reviewers who indicate that it was hard to travel with. They couldn't change lanes because someone was always looking at it. They couldn't leave because someone wanted to talk about it.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
good to see the youtubers posting real issues and usage of the trucks in real world ways. One concern is and was easy fix, screen went black, one door had wrong hinges. That' about all I've seen so far. if that's it, then that's all I'd be concerned about. Have not received anything from Tesla on delivery with Dec 22nd confirmation. Just questionnaire on Home Power Share.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Agree 100%. Good enough for me also but let’s just be clear that the 2019 Cybertruck was a figment of Elon’s imagination. It only had a verbal existence because they never produced a single truck that actually met his “promise”. The 2024 Cybertruck is what we have to choose. I’m all in.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
good to see the youtubers posting real issues and usage of the trucks in real world ways. One concern is and was easy fix, screen went black, one door had wrong hinges. That' about all I've seen so far. if that's it, then that's all I'd be concerned about. Have not received anything from Tesla on delivery with Dec 22nd confirmation. Just questionnaire on Home Power Share.
I'm pretty sure that the door didn't have the wrong hinges, that was just because the use wasn't understood. I lay odds, that it was designed to roll bikes in from the passenger side, not the driver's side.

Screens going black is no big deal, especially with certain versions of software. And an early release Employee version would be one.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
I'm pretty sure that the door didn't have the wrong hinges, that was just because the use wasn't understood. I lay odds, that it was designed to roll bikes in from the passenger side, not the driver's side.

Screens going black is no big deal, especially with certain versions of software. And an early release Employee version would be one.
No, really it was the door. Wrong door hinges, whichever it was it was abig mistake. Reputable guy tried a few times to open at 90 degrees and also commented in another post where he drove 5hrs in another tested it's range to dead zero power. You know who I'm talking about.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
No, really it was the door. Wrong door hinges, whichever it was it was abig mistake. Reputable guy tried a few times to open at 90 degrees and also commented in another post where he drove 5hrs in another tested it's range to dead zero power. You know who I'm talking about.
Missed my point. Just because the rear passenger's side opens 90 degrees doesn't mean that the rear driver's side is supposed to. They came to the conclusion that it was the wrong hinges. I say that it was designed that way.
Sponsored