Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I'm going to make the assumption that in 2022 it will have a different result than in 2017.
One would hope. And also not "Was trying it out for the first time" like that incident either. I gave him a lecture about software beta testing.... :)
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just pointing out that the lines don’t really matter....?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck in parking spots - A measured example 131EC267-19C2-4EA5-AD9E-C2ACD23B9D03

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
The local Plaza underground parking has a over head bar with 6' Max written on it??
This is where the Tesla chargers are! :(
How is that going to work for me?

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The local Plaza underground parking has a over head bar with 6' Max written on it??
This is where the Tesla chargers are! :(
How is that going to work for me?
just lower the suspension down all the way

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I thought of that, but wasn't sure what the range was built around. I.E. what is the height at the lowest setting?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
In my experience, compact spaces are legislated to encourage people to buy smaller (as a proxy for more efficient) cars. This policy though has some undesirable side effects. Even people in small cars don't want door dings or to have someone park so close that they completely lose access to their own vehicle. This motivates some compact car owners to park in non-compact spaces. In lots where there are a limited total number of spaces (ie: more people want to park than the lot has space for), this forces some non-compact cars to either go find a different lot (not always a possibility) or to park their non-compact car in a compact space. And in extreme circumstances, it results in large vehicles being parked "in" compact spaces. This just exacerbates the feedback loop of compact car owners wanting to park in non-compact spaces. And large cars being forced to park in compact spaces. And a further side effect is that when large vehicles are parked in compact spaces, there is no way to defeat the physics of space so they end up "spilling over" into neighboring spaces. This spillage ends up lowering the total number of available spaces overall which again exacerbates the feedback loop.

I am VERY much looking forward to the CT where I can ignore the dangers of door dings, use summon to get access to my CT even if someone parks too close, and theoretically with parking ticket avoidance "find" additional parking if no other reasonable spaces are available.
Nicely put!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
M
In our little town the chain grocery store has a fair sized parking lot with unrealistic parking lines painted for a car. Problem is we are a truck town, everyone has their mirrors extended for the trailer that is not behind them including me. Quite a few of us have large guards in front of the truck to keep deer out of your radiator. We also have a lot of duallies running around including me. Most of the trucks park in the back 40, not a rule we just do. New comers figure it out when a car parks next to them and they have to squeeze, I use to be able to squeeze in but now days I will walk farther in hope I will never have to try. I will be parking Cybertruck in the back 40.
me too, whenever possible.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
The Cybertruck is supposed to duck to 75", not 72".

72" is really short even for a garage.

-Crissa
Where did you see that? I have yet to see concrete specs on the exact amount of suspension adjustment.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Where did you see that? I have yet to see concrete specs on the exact amount of suspension adjustment.
They said 14" of travel in the reveal, IIRC.

If they are saying it's the size of an F-150 (check out the pulling contest), you should not have any issues. My Ram 2500 4x was 6'8" with big tires on it. I did always go under those bars slow, but no issues.

ETA: or was it max 14" of clearance at the top?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

(And the 75" number has been repeated since tho not on twitters.)

A 72" garage would have people hitting their heads. I know they exist, but the point needs to be made.

-Crissa

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They said all along that the minimum height would be 75”, that the min/max ground clearance would be 8”-16” (12” +/- 4”), but not much else. I guess that makes the maximum height 83” (!!!) or just under 7’. Huge!

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
What a hilarious thread. If you don’t drive a full-size pickup now, why do you suddenly have the “need” for one?

Um... changing circumstances?
Sponsored