Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I am very entitled. At least in the believe that a reservation will be honored in a sequential order. My neighbor ordered his truck 6 months after the reveal and he already has his. There should be some degree of order to both the world and companies. Otherwise, it is just chaos and random. You should also understand there is indeed an order. By and large minute 1 reservations have already gotten an invite, even more so for the Bay Area. So there in lies my ire, my reservation was likely skipped/allocated to a Tesla employee or someone other than me… since I am truly an outlier… Thus being pissed off! Again I only like “my” Cybertruck and until I have one, everyone’s else’s is not interesting to me. And if I cannot have one there is no reason for me to be on this forum, other than to bitch about not getting mine. Get it?
Could you please show me anything from Tesla that equates RN to a place in line or some sequential aspect to one's rationale?
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Is the educated guess that only ‘FS’ AWD and CB will be manufactured in 2024?
with respect to the FS CB, that’s what Tesla itself is essentially reporting when invites give an EDD of “mid to late 2024”

with respect to AWD, however, no, that is not the “educated” guess. It is, however, the predominate position of arm-chair hand waiving and half-think.

If things go as presently planned, non-FS AWD and CB orders will open in first half of 2024, and non-FS AWDs will get delivered in 2024.

that said, one thing folks aren’t talking about much yet: when non-FS orders do open, there could likely be a new line of “friends and family” deliveries of non-FS AWDs before we see many deliveries to regular Joe.

Coltpete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
I am very entitled. At least in the believe that a reservation will be honored in a sequential order. My neighbor ordered his truck 6 months after the reveal and he already has his. There should be some degree of order to both the world and companies. Otherwise, it is just chaos and random. You should also understand there is indeed an order. By and large minute 1 reservations have already gotten an invite, even more so for the Bay Area. So there in lies my ire, my reservation was likely skipped/allocated to a Tesla employee or someone other than me… since I am truly an outlier… Thus being pissed off! Again I only like “my” Cybertruck and until I have one, everyone’s else’s is not interesting to me. And if I cannot have one there is no reason for me to be on this forum, other than to bitch about not getting mine. Get it?
You remind me of my three year old. She shares a similar mentality.

To clarify - you are entitled to nothing. Tesla owes you nothing but a CT one day per the deposit you placed. Nothing was guaranteed about going in sequential order. In fact I'd suggest that Tesla knew from the get go it wouldn't be giving out CTs in order. There are way more important people to them than you or I, and they have other priorities like a more even state distribution of these vehicles. On that note I'd suggest that your location is actually part of the reason you've been "skipped." This is not chaos at all, this is part of a strategic and evolving plan. You just don't like the plan because others got to place orders before you.

Just FYI there are plenty of other reasons to be on this forum than as you put it just to "bitch." The vast majority of us don't have our trucks yet but the information and evolution of this rollout has been fascinating. The information here that is being shared and collected is quite impressive to those of us who are grateful for it.

Bartman

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y
Country flag

To clarify - you are entitled to nothing. Tesla owes you nothing but a CT one day per the deposit you placed. Nothing was guaranteed about going in sequential order. In fact I'd suggest that Tesla knew from the get go it wouldn't be giving out CTs in order. There are way more important people to them than you or I, and they have other priorities like a more even state distribution of these vehicles. On that note I'd suggest that your location is actually part of the reason you've been "skipped." This is not chaos at all, this is part of a strategic and evolving plan. You just don't like the plan because others got to place orders before you.

Just FYI there are plenty of other reasons to be on this forum than as you put it just to "bitch." The vast majority of us don't have our trucks yet but the information and evolution of this rollout has been fascinating. The information here that is being shared and collected is quite impressive to those of us who are grateful for it.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
that said, one thing folks aren’t talking about much yet: when non-FS orders do open, there could likely be a new line of “friends and family” deliveries of non-FS AWDs before we see many deliveries to regular Joe.
Aaaaahhh!

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag

Yes you’re right! As usual I’m sure.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
And indeed, 49 states agree with you. California was put ahead of everyone else, and you believe that your proximity to Fremont should put you further ahead.

Let's get equal!
Let's stop delivering to California and let the other states, who made reservations well ahead of you, get some vehicles.

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And indeed, 49 states agree with you. California was put ahead of everyone else, and you believe that your proximity to Fremont should put you further ahead.

Let's get equal!
Let's stop delivering to California and let the other states, who made reservations well ahead of you, get some vehicles.
I would not really disagree except almost nobody is or could be ahead of me…. My reservation number is 1127463xx, so I doubt you’re in front of me. Unless by ahead you mean behind me in line.

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP
Country flag
I would not really disagree except almost nobody is or could be ahead of me…. My reservation number is 1127463xx, so I doubt you’re in front of me. Unless by ahead you mean behind me in line.
My rn was 11279xxxx, but it actually looks like you’re behind me in line because I have an order and you don’t…..

Rocketman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP
Country flag
Relax, you’ll get your CT one day. You’re also complaining to people who literally can’t do anything to help you, and if you complain to Tesla I can almost guarantee that won’t really help you either. All you can do is be patient.

Longranger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GTI
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
A company as huge as Tesla, or any other company that size has a substantial list of insiders that will always get special consideration. No surprise there.

Clearly most of the FS invites so far have gone to people with low RN#s. The apparent randomness of invites within the low RN# pool is probably due to geography and other critical data points set Tesla in an unannounced algorithm.

Nothing about this process is meant to be fair or transparent. We all need to keep our position on the food chain straight. Any average guy looking for fair and predictable will come out of this process feeling bruised. Being a fan of Tesla based on their products makes sense but the current process is not ideal. If you take the process personally you will get bruised.

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Relax, you’ll get your CT one day. You’re also complaining to people who literally can’t do anything to help you, and if you complain to Tesla I can almost guarantee that won’t really help you either. All you can do is be patient.
True True... don't disagree with both those statements. Originally I was complaining to see how much of an outlier I was... are other people in the same boat? There are a couple but not many...

ikelley

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Are people with 11276XXXX reservations that were straight up skipped allowed to be pissed yet?
If it makes you feel better, I'm in Denver, CO, with an 11275XXXX number and haven't been invited yet. It appears that it is a random lottery among first-day reservations at this point. :cautious:
Sponsored