Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I went to San Diego UTC store yesterday to show my Dec 22 order and the lady ensured me my delivery will be in Q1. (I don’t have a VIN yet)
Big news
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
(Please forgive me if this was already covered/answered) Is the educated guess that only ‘FS’ AWD and CB will be manufactured in 2024?
We are of two minds. But right now I am going with no. That's not the case

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
+ those who passed on FS trucks but are in the production que for “normal” Cybertruck’s. That number could equal total production for 2024.
They haven't offered us non-Foundation trucks to configure yet, so we haven't 'bought' anything. This distinction makes no sense.

-Crissa

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I went to San Diego UTC store yesterday to show my Dec 22 order and the lady ensured me my delivery will be in Q1. (I don’t have a VIN yet)
I went to Camarillo end of last week. Asked questions of the sales rep there about the CT progress and my M3+ order... She tried to sell me on moving to a MY?!?!? Told me how much easier it is to get in and out of the Y... I tried to explain I drive a Porsche, I have no trouble getting in and out of that, and compared to the Porsche, the M3 feels like a lifted SUV! She still kept trying to sell me a MY. I finally just said "I'm not interested".

And she was completely clueless about the cars....

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
One, the CT is not battery constrained - at least at this point in time - 4680 production is outpacing CT production - this indicates that it is the actual CT production that is most challenging and will be slower to ramp.
That conclusion is unsupported. For one, the CT ramp only started producing units about six months ago... The 4680 has been producing units for several years.

Two, the CT is not a technology leading vehicle meant to foster new production methodologies for other mass production vehicles - for example it has no bearing on the upcoming
That also isn't supported by the evidence. The Cybertruck displays many new techniques and technologies - like unboxed assembly, 48v architecture, steering by wire, 9k gigacasts - designed to make a cheaper vehicle.

Of course we can't know which of these will be mature enough to transfer to the new vehicle - and they aren't going to say.

-Crissa

CyberT1

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016S,, 2022 X Plaid
Occupation
Regional sales Mgr
Country flag
watching Jeff's flyover on

I had 2 reservation placed within 20 minutes of each other: 112768xxx and 11273xxx.
I have an invite and ordered on 12/21 the invite was on the 11273 reservation, which I had specified dual motor AWD. the 11276 res. was specified tri-motor. My suspicion is that is the reason I haven't heard squat on that reservation. meanwhile I wait every day for my vin assignment and order completion. If it is any consolation, I am probably going to cancel the 11276 res. both of my daughters decided it is too expensive. 1 has already turned down her order for the Rivian R1S after driving an EV6 for a year. Great range and awesome charge rate were the reason.
Was the AWD the Foundation series?

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Turned down a launch price R1S?!? That was a mistake lol

They only give invites for 1 per acct. Second one probably hit the lottery call and the other didn't
I turned down a launch price R1T for a Lightning, because the R1T was too small for the amount of hauling I do. I knew it was the worse investment, but I've never bought a vehicle to get rich. I buy vehicles that fit my use case.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I turned down a launch price R1T for a Lightning, because the R1T was too small for the amount of hauling I do. I knew it was the worse investment, but I've never bought a vehicle to get rich. I buy vehicles that fit my use case.
A launch lightning was a good deal too. Doesn't need to be a rivian.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
A launch lightning was a good deal too. Doesn't need to be a rivian.
Absolutely, I paid $57k for an XLT with all the must-have options (pro power, both towing packages, tailgate step), which turned into $49k after federal and state rebates. The fact it was $20k less than my M3P still amazes me, since my M3P with FSD was $68k and bought when there was no tax rebate.

I look at the CT as a hybrid of my M3P (fun to drive and cool tech) and CT (do all my hauling and truck stuff). That's my justification for paying as much as my current 2 vehicles combined anyway...

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Why? Does it hurt your feelings that I am pissed off? WTF do you think a forum is for? Circle jerking? I have waited longer than literally everyone… I am in Fremont and I have the one of the lowest possible reservation numbers…. So basically it is hard to justify being a fan of a company that does not treat it customers fairly. I could not give a crap about anyone else , I was first in line (nearly) and I was skipped, which from my understanding is VERY VERY rarified air, especially being next to the factory. So yes, I’m pissed off, because I won the random lottery of this level of disappointment. Sometimes, misery truly does love company and venting on a public forum, you find out a few select others that might have been randomly chosen to be f’d by Tesla’s faceless (and non existent) customer service.
The Cybertruck (to me) is only cool if I own it…
Not all all. Don't be upset at such a minor thing. Your post comes across as being very entitled. If you think another company will treat you as special, go there.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The anger is certainly justified, to say the least. No matter what the RN it is really hard hearing of other’s invitations, orders, getting VINs, and getting their trucks. MUCH more so if you are left behind.
We've been waiting 4 years. If I have to wait one more, meh..... in the grand scheme of things it's nothing to get mad about.

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
Not all all. Don't be upset at such a minor thing. Your post comes across as being very entitled. If you think another company will treat you as special, go there.
I am very entitled. At least in the believe that a reservation will be honored in a sequential order. My neighbor ordered his truck 6 months after the reveal and he already has his. There should be some degree of order to both the world and companies. Otherwise, it is just chaos and random. You should also understand there is indeed an order. By and large minute 1 reservations have already gotten an invite, even more so for the Bay Area. So there in lies my ire, my reservation was likely skipped/allocated to a Tesla employee or someone other than me… since I am truly an outlier… Thus being pissed off! Again I only like “my” Cybertruck and until I have one, everyone’s else’s is not interesting to me. And if I cannot have one there is no reason for me to be on this forum, other than to bitch about not getting mine. Get it?