Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
100+ miles a day is pretty rough, hopefully it is mostly highway and there is Autopilot at least, do you have charging at your work?
no, I charge at home with installed Tesla charger. Yeah hopefully even base autopilot comes with delivery! 🙏
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
no, I charge at home with installed Tesla charger. Yeah hopefully even base autopilot comes with delivery! 🙏
Ah I read that wrong 100+ miles I assume that is round trip so you should be ok. With the range #s coming out if you drive fast might not make it there and back on one charge if it was 200 round trip.

Basic autopilot for me is a HUGE reason to go with Tesla so hope they push it out soon.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
One of the nice things about living in CA is that your safety score doesn't impact insurance, so no.

And yeah, you get warnings for doing extremely dangerous things like looking at your sideview mirror or eating something. It's almost not worth using at the moment. I even got a warning for staring dead ahead and not touching the wheel hard enough.
Don't be ridiculous, FSD doesn't penalize you for taking your hands off the wheel, it only matters if you are so unaware of the driving environment that you fail to notice the flashing purple screen warning that you need to tug on the wheel periodically to let it know you are still present and paying attention.

The way it nags you is a direct result of fake outrage claiming that Tesla was not monitoring the driver closely enough.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Ah I read that wrong 100+ miles I assume that is round trip so you should be ok. With the range #s coming out if you drive fast might not make it there and back on one charge if it was 200 round trip.

Basic autopilot for me is a HUGE reason to go with Tesla so hope they push it out soon.
yeah round trip total. Mostly highway and lots of traffic so it’s averages 140 miles of consumption. Have a 2018 Model 3 that currently gives me 278 miles full charge still and it’s plenty (though I only charge 80% daily). So I should be good with CT.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It's not a priority when they don't have the fleet size necessary for training. They literally can't do anything until they build enough Cybertrucks.

S3XY had years of data before FSD was even active.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Don't be ridiculous, FSD doesn't penalize you for taking your hands off the wheel, it only matters if you are so unaware of the driving environment that you fail to notice the flashing purple screen warning that you need to tug on the wheel periodically to let it know you are still present and paying attention.

The way it nags you is a direct result of fake outrage claiming that Tesla was not monitoring the driver closely enough.
It's not even FSD on my car, just normal AP.

I drive about 4k miles a month and I use AP about 90% of the time. It was the day after the update and I got a strike within 3 seconds for looking at the display to set my destination. It disabled AP until I parked. Then it warned me that I only had 4 more strikes before it'd be disabled for a week.

The warning intervals are really overzealous after the update. I'm not the only one reporting it. You can be looking dead ahead with hands on the wheel and still get the flashing purple screen, which has happened to me a dozen times now. It makes it not worth using in some cases.

I'm still getting my founders edition in Q1 and still up on Tesla, but I can have my gripes.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I paid for it before and it took two years before even the earliest of betas arrived in my car.
Even less reason to pay for FSD again :rolleyes:
I also paid for FSD two years before it was available in beta form. While Tesla didn't know when it would be available in non-beta form, they did make it clear that it was not something that would be delivered until it was developed enough to release it to the public. The only reason anyone buys it before it's ready is to lock in the current low price.

Although, unlike you, my experience watching it improve over the last 3 years gives me more incentive, not less, to make sure my next car/truck has it. Not because I couldn't live just with Autopilot now, but because I don't want to pay the astronomical price when it can actually drive unsupervised. My beta experience has shown me how capable it already is and I believe within a year it will be all but it's namesake, FSD.

Following the development of the beta technology is just a side benefit of pre-paying for it.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not even FSD on my car, just normal AP.

I drive about 4k miles a month and I use AP about 90% of the time. It was the day after the update and I got a strike within 3 seconds for looking at the display to set my destination. It disabled AP until I parked. Then it warned me that I only had 4 more strikes before it'd be disabled for a week.

The warning intervals are really overzealous after the update. I'm not the only one reporting it. You can be looking dead ahead with hands on the wheel and still get the flashing purple screen, which has happened to me a dozen times now. It makes it not worth using in some cases.

I'm still getting my founders edition in Q1 and still up on Tesla, but I can have my gripes.
The problem here is not Tesla, it's the over-zealous "safety experts" using the federal government to try to slow Tesla down. Congressmen are even getting in on the action! They are the ones that forced Tesla to make AP/FSD over-zealous in terms of driver monitoring with the latest updates. It requires a little more firm tug on the wheel than before to let it know you're paying attention (and I think the time interval is shorter too). They did this so people would have another gripe about it, not to save anyone's life. It's no safer now than it was before, and it's arguably slightly less safe.

IMO, this is corruption in our government, Tesla went along with the new directives rather than having a multi-year court battle in federal court because they believe it will actually need no driver before the case would be settled.

• Love
Reactions: REM

cybercoffee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR
Country flag
I've been trying to pay attention to AP/FSD features on all the YouTube videos that are coming out. Mostly tsportline shows the autopilot screen as only having TACC as an option. ourcyberlife doesn't seem to really go much into the menus unless I missed it. I, too, hope that auto lane centering is going to be available by the time my VIN shows up!

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
The problem here is not Tesla, it's the over-zealous "safety experts" using the federal government to try to slow Tesla down. Congressmen are even getting in on the action! They are the ones that forced Tesla to make AP/FSD over-zealous in terms of driver monitoring with the latest updates. It requires a little more firm tug on the wheel than before to let it know you're paying attention (and I think the time interval is shorter too). They did this so people would have another gripe about it, not to save anyone's life. It's no safer now than it was before, and it's arguably slightly less safe.

IMO, this is corruption in our government, Tesla went along with the new directives rather than having a multi-year court battle in federal court because they believe it will actually need no driver before the case would be settled.
Easy on accusing anyone of corruption.

How do you define FSD?

What the regulators are saying is that it's not FSD when it can't yet self-drive from point A to a B. Or in test, can miss out a 4-way stop and not yet capable of safely driving without driver interventions in busy city surface streets.

I myself would want Tesla to achieve FSD capabilities, but until then I want Tesla to hold off representing the vehicles as such until it is able to close the gap in driver's concept of FSD and it's real capabilities.

Last edited:

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
It's not a priority when they don't have the fleet size necessary for training. They literally can't do anything until they build enough Cybertrucks.

S3XY had years of data before FSD was even active.
Yeah but how delayed was it for Model 3? For Model Y? You would think its using mostly the same data and just changing the variable of the vehicles vision and dimensions.

Model Y was the last "new" model. Was it delayed a lot?

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Yeah but how delayed was it for Model 3? For Model Y? You would think its using mostly the same data and just changing the variable of the vehicles vision and dimensions.

Model Y was the last "new" model. Was it delayed a lot?
Model 3 and Y launch did not have any sort of FSD Beta, so by the time FSD dropped, there were already millions of 3/Y on the road. The only post-FSD models are the Semi and Cybertruck.

Eddyrelik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CT
Country flag
Model 3 and Y launch did not have any sort of FSD Beta, so by the time FSD dropped, there were already millions of 3/Y on the road. The only post-FSD models are the Semi and Cybertruck.
But what about even just Autopilot?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I don't recall a disclosure on my Foundation Series order page that says "the FSD you're paying full price for doesn't actually exist — even in beta — and we have no ETA". Happy to eat crow though if I missed it.
it was in the invite materials

Tesla Cybertruck "Cybertruck is necessarily lowest priority for FSD..." - Elon Musk (12/30/23) B9EB4B35-EA5D-44D1-89B6-FB9BF2697656

What do you mean?
Tesla’s order agreement binds you to arbitration if Tesla’s choosing. To avoid a judge/.jury deciding a dispute.

but, they allow you to opt out of that arbitration restriction (not because they’re nice, but because the law requires it), by sending notice

I am a lawyer, and I too would be sending that notice
Sponsored