Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag

So how far out in the future do you predict that the Cybertruck will actually have FSD enabled?

FSD is quite expensive, and I hope owners of the Cybertruck do not have to wait super long before the FSD switch is turned on.

Tesla Cybertruck "Cybertruck is necessarily lowest priority for FSD..." - Elon Musk (12/30/23) 1704040433117
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Hopefully not long. Really hope there is basic autopilot on the highway.
Not brave enough to let the car drive me around downtown yet but having it keep the truck between the lanes on a long drive would sure be nice.

One of the people who got a CT delivered mentioned using "cruise control" but did not elaborate on if it was autopilot or just controlling the speed.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
One of the people who got a CT delivered mentioned using "cruise control" but did not elaborate on if it was autopilot or just controlling the speed.
Auto pilot is not enabled on any CT as of yet

Auto pilot on CT is not just also the lowest priority (apparently, per Musk), but also the most difficult to solve for (second to FSD)

because with the Ct it’s not merely about priorities all else equal, but additionally because CT presents new, one-off, and non-trivial challenges with respect to 4WS+SBW

Wraven

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundations CyberBeast, M3P, MYP
Country flag
I use FSD Beta for over 90% of my driving, now in my current teslas (neighborhoods, city and highway) While I understand the perspective, it doesn’t change that it’s disappointing and possibly (giving an unknown timeline of FSD enablement) changes the perceived value of the foundation series.

OP
OP
rudedawg78

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
FSD was one of the things I was most excited about, as well. I really hope we don't have to wait years for FSD to be enabled in our Cybertruck. I have never owned a Tesla before but brag to my family how cool FSD is. I constantly show them YouTube videos of how amazing it is.

It will be unfortunate if we have to wait another extended period to experience this feature.

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
FSD was one of the things I was most excited about, as well. I really hope we don't have to wait years for FSD to be enabled in our Cybertruck. I have never owned a Tesla before but brag to my family how cool FSD is. I constantly show them YouTube videos of how amazing it is.

It will be unfortunate if we have to wait another extended period to experience this feature.
My wife is going to look at me like I’m an idiot when i tell her that the CT wont be able to do any of the FSD that I’ve been talking about for the past 4 years. : /

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It's unfortunate but it's understandable. FSD is still just in beta and we are coming up to version 12 which is supposed to be the biggest improvement.

The Cybertruck will have the least amount of data available, which will make it the most difficult to work with FSD. it also has to account for the steer by wire and the rear wheel steering.

Like everything Tesla does, I think they will make these decisions to benefit the most amount of people in the best way. If the first year of deliveries don't immediately have FSD, that's not a terribly large amount of people being upset. It's unfortunate but if it leads to a better starting system when the Cybertruck gets it, I would understand having to wait a bit.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My wife is going to look at me like I’m an idiot when i tell her that the CT wont be able to do any of the FSD that I’ve been talking about for the past 4 years. : /
Ugh had not thought of that, hopefully by the time us peasants get a CT in 2025 they will have FSD ready.

CyberMiami

First Name
Omer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, MXP, CT AWD
Country flag
Just further proof that Tesla really doesn't care for their customers. To effectively force early reservation holders to pay for an obscenely expensive feature (if they want the CT in a reasonable time, which of course they do, that's why they ordered first day) that you know you are not in any rush to actually make useable is a very bad look.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Considering how much I i use AP, that's a bit disappointing. However, after this last update I use the basic TACC more since the car gave me a strike for taking off my hat and another for using the display to set my destination.

At least the OTA updates will enable it eventually.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Considering how much I i use AP, that's a bit disappointing. However, after this last update I use the basic TACC more since the car gave me a strike for taking off my hat and another for using the display to set my destination.

At least the OTA updates will enable it eventually.
Have heard the new update is pretty strict, did that strike for taking off your hat impact your insurance?

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Have heard the new update is pretty strict, did that strike for taking off your hat impact your insurance?
One of the nice things about living in CA is that your safety score doesn't impact insurance, so no.

And yeah, you get warnings for doing extremely dangerous things like looking at your sideview mirror or eating something. It's almost not worth using at the moment. I even got a warning for staring dead ahead and not touching the wheel hard enough.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One of the nice things about living in CA is that your safety score doesn't impact insurance, so no.

And yeah, you get warnings for doing extremely dangerous things like looking at your sideview mirror or eating something. It's almost not worth using at the moment. I even got a warning for staring dead ahead and not touching the wheel hard enough.
Wow.....have seen some people complaining about the new update but sideview mirror or eating something is wild, not to mention looking ahead. Would be CRAZY frustrating if that impacted your insurance. Drove with FSD about 4 months ago and at the time felt like the next big update was going to be "it" but looks like a ways to go yet.
Sponsored