Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
During the next Q/A that Musk has, someone needs to ask him directly what the CT gigapress situation is. Seems like everyone is forgetting this question.
Sponsored

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
During the next Q/A that Musk has, someone needs to ask him directly what the CT gigapress situation is. Seems like everyone is forgetting this question.
no, I think they are afraid to ask it......I took a lot of heat here sometimes when I commented on it but now seems to be the right thing to ask

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Agreed answers to that would be interesting. But I think I speak for most of us when I say there are 4 questions that need to be answered.

1. Specs
2. Options
3. Price
4. When

Did I miss anything?

I realize the Giga press question is a subset of the “when” question. Let’s skip the intermediate steps and go for the full question.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Agreed answers to that would be interesting. But I think I speak for most of us when I say there are 4 questions that need to be answered.

1. Specs
2. Options
3. Price
4. When

Did I miss anything?

I realize the Giga press question is a subset of the “when” question. Let’s skip the intermediate steps and go for the full question.
Technically, you are talking over @Dusty. Dusty makes the point that there is the not so little nor insignificant thing called IDRA casting machine.

Elon asserts Cybertruck rear casting requires 8000# machine. Yet IDRA has produced a soon o see daylight IDRA 9000 series casting machine. Engineers don’t like over built machinery.

SO we are in an Uncanny Valley. Unsettled is why and what is in that valley that IDRA just built over?

THUS there won’t be any specs, no options(maybe some), can’t be a Price, and “When”?

When Tesla redoubles its R&D to verify that an overspec IDRA9000 will work with Tesla’s alloys, chemistry, process and just works as expected an IDRA8000.

Short of an affirmative “YES”. Tesla R&D starts over. IMHO

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Right now, I'm just stuck on the "when/how soon". Everything else doesn't really matter to me. Price, maybe. But to me, when is the thing. That's just me.

"When" Is where it's at. Everything else at this point is secondary.

Which would make you more excited? Elon saying:

A)" . . . the CT will definitely have [insert top 10 things you'd want] and only cost [$xx420.69]. We aren't sure when we'll have production next year. But, it'll be next year, sometime, for sure."

or

B). . . Everything we need to produce the CT is in Austin, and we could easily start production tonight if we wanted.

I'll put it like this...

Would you rather get a text from the person you have your eye on that says "I've got everything I need. I'm on my way over in a minute", or would you rather get detailed pictures with the words "Not really sure how soon I can make it over."?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People on those calls only get one or two questions. None of them want to waste their one question on something which is unlikely to get a straight answer or any answer.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And yet they do, every dang time.

-Crissa
True enough.

Maybe they are just bright enough to realize this question won’t get answered, but not bright enough to realize what they do ask won’t.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
No doubtski.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
True enough.

Maybe they are just bright enough to realize this question won’t get answered, but not bright enough to realize what they do ask won’t.
They like the attention of a long complicated response to a deep question to validate their worth as a person in the know. Yes/no or a quick answer makes them less important.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
If I had one question for EM it wouldn't have anything to do with Tesla at all, and his answer would likely be a question back. :cool:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
now I am really getting frustrated about all the delay speculation again.....making it hard for me to be a believer.......makes me sick and I am almost ready to just give up....

we seem not to be getting information that is critical to understand what's going on with engineering and delivery......and the most important piece of this info id the giga press for the CT......EM or his associates, refuse to answer that question.......to me, that is just unacceptable and show just plain arrogance on Tesla part........I guess you can tell I am frustrated....please forgive me for ranting

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
we seem not to be getting information that is critical to understand what's going on with engineering and delivery......and the most important piece of this info id the giga press for the CT......EM or his associates, refuse to answer that question.......to me, that is just unacceptable and show just plain arrogance on Tesla part........I guess you can tell I am frustrated....please forgive me for ranting
We don't have it for the Silverado, or the IDbuzz, or the Aptera, or... We literally only have it for the Ford, and they've told us they won't be taking more orders for two years! Tesla isn't unique here. They all just realize they don't know, with so much uncertainty in the world.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We don't have it for the Silverado, or the IDbuzz, or the Aptera, or... We literally only have it for the Ford, and they've told us they won't be taking more orders for two years! Tesla isn't unique here. They all just realize they don't know, with so much uncertainty in the world.

-Crissa
that's true......but still waiting for some kind of information pertaining to the giga press.......

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I met up with some friends over the weekend I hadn't spoken to since pre-covid.
Mentioned I had pre-ordered a Cybertruck in conversation.
Two started up on Elon Musk being an evil lunatic, the third was more sanguine.
The first two were convinced it would never come to market.
I felt like I was trying to explain the Model T to some farmers convinced horses would never be replaced.
Sponsored