Neo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Turbo | Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Professional
Country flag
I hated the design so much initially that it took me a year to reserve... But the capabilities and Tesla ecosystem won me over.
The design isn't so annoying any longer, it has definitely has grown on me.

Since I plan on hauling a 8-12k Taj-Ma-Haul (Toy Hauler Conversion), towing capacity, safety and range matter the most.

I'm hoping my reservation delay gives me time to realize all of the bug fixes and even enhancements to get rolled into being so far behind.

I have seen many reports of an 800 mile range battery, the quad motor (please), a bi-directional power port, all-wheel steering that come to mind.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
why does this title not have BAW in it ?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
First off, Thank you @greggertruck for this. I found myself watching it over and over again and smiling.

I've said this before, but I doubt it will happen, I think it would be really cool if there was a mode were the BAW went past 90° and pushed snow off the front of the hood/frunk.

I don't think this wiper will be any different than current wipers at clearing snow off the windshield. I suspect the same amount of snow that the two wiper system on my Jeep can clear, the BAW will be able to also.

The pushing snow down instead of up argument isn't much different than a typical two wiper system. Passenger side wiper lifts the snow up and leaves it in the middle of the windshield, then the driver side wiper pushes it down into the trough.

I am very excited to have a car that does not have a trough to have snow packed into.

For many years now, I've kept a regular push broom near my parking spot in the winter which makes snow removal much faster and easier. With the flat surfaces and few transition points (like the trough), I expect snow removal to be almost pleasant. And now that I'll have an actual truck with a bed (vault), I suspect the push broom will live in the vault in the winter so I have it when away from home. (Instead of having to use the tiny snow brush).
Totes welcome! Shout out to Brad Sloan too for capturing!!

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
The wiper's mega size matches the whole in-your-face brutalist aura of the Cybertruck. 👍

Estimates on how much that bad boy is going to cost to replace? 😳
Based on previous photos, the BAW seems to use a couple normal size wiper blades along the length of the BAW, so replacing the wiper blades at least shouldn't cost any more than a typical truck with two SAW wiper arms.

Cybersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, C8 Corvette
Country flag
It doesn't look I will be able to buy my replacement wiper blade(s) at Costco.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Is the tail gate missing a trim peace on top or could it be the inner-mechanism for the ramp?
1681437261884.png
did a touch of computer-enhance on the screen grab @greggertruck

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Mega Windshield Wiper IN ACTION at Giga Texas Wind Tunnel 74DA2A3E-E11A-4FB3-8379-41681549CA18

certainly looks like it’s missing a piece of cap trim (or equivalent).

went to the actual video from Brad Sloan, viewed on my desktop screen - linked below, starting about min 12:45

Clearer in the video that it’s missing some trim piece.

Also I think clearer that whatever is revealed underneath, does not offer any apparent view one way or another to a deployable ramp.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Mega Windshield Wiper IN ACTION at Giga Texas Wind Tunnel 64F51A8E-2419-4BA8-A65F-9C0C8607FC37

on one hand, the metal piece seen doesn’t present any sort of “slot” running its length that is would be an aperture for a ramp.

Mon the other thanks, the shiny piece seen could itself be a flap (to which the trim merely attaches), with any cut aperture still being conceals

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I wonder what that outlined shape in front of the driver is for? Looks a bit like a trapezoid. The wishful thinker in me is hoping it denotes a HUD on the windshield, but I'm not holding my breath.
it’s on the windshield itself. Like tape. Unclear purpose.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
First off, Thank you @greggertruck for this. I found myself watching it over and over again and smiling.

I've said this before, but I doubt it will happen, I think it would be really cool if there was a mode were the BAW went past 90° and pushed snow off the front of the hood/frunk.

I don't think this wiper will be any different than current wipers at clearing snow off the windshield. I suspect the same amount of snow that the two wiper system on my Jeep can clear, the BAW will be able to also.

The pushing snow down instead of up argument isn't much different than a typical two wiper system. Passenger side wiper lifts the snow up and leaves it in the middle of the windshield, then the driver side wiper pushes it down into the trough.

I am very excited to have a car that does not have a trough to have snow packed into.

For many years now, I've kept a regular push broom near my parking spot in the winter which makes snow removal much faster and easier. With the flat surfaces and few transition points (like the trough), I expect snow removal to be almost pleasant. And now that I'll have an actual truck with a bed (vault), I suspect the push broom will live in the vault in the winter so I have it when away from home. (Instead of having to use the tiny snow brush).
One step up from the push broom is my extendable aluminum handled scraper (one and) and articulating brush on the other. It can be either parallel to the handle or perpendicular for pushing snow off. The handle also collapses (twist lock collar) so you can store it easiliy.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
One step up from the push broom is my extendable aluminum handled scraper (one and) and articulating brush on the other. It can be either parallel to the handle or perpendicular for pushing snow off. The handle also collapses (twist lock collar) so you can store it easiliy.
I have the same thing. That is what I meant by "tiny snowbrush". Granted "tiny" is subjective. It's much bigger than most snow brushes, but tiny in comparison to a full sized push broom. I probably shouldn't have used the word tiny.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I wonder what that outlined shape in front of the driver is for? Looks a bit like a trapezoid. The wishful thinker in me is hoping it denotes a HUD on the windshield, but I'm not holding my breath.
It's probably a marker for the zone they must get clean for the driver, so they're probably measuring frequency and streaking.

It doesn't look I will be able to buy my replacement wiper blade(s) at Costco.
I wouldn't, because those suck. I love Costco, but their wipers are too cheap. But it looks like the BAW uses two normal blades.

-Crissa
Sponsored