Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
For Europe it's manual then.
Back to the roots.
The first wipers where manual too. LOL.

Twinblade design in one arm has more advantages.
The upper blade travells much more distance and has to be replaced more often than the lower blade.
It uses "standard size" wiperblades = cheaper.
Sponsored

NoBeard

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 X75D, 2012 iMiev, Dual Motor CT Reservation
Country flag
Baw will launch snow onto your neighbors car.
Wonder if it's going to stow at bottom or on side like we've seen in pics. If it stows up on the side, then the first stroke in the snow after a snow event (without using a brush first) would be to push the snow down.
Maybe they'll have a winter stow position that is down when parked.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Wonder if it's going to stow at bottom or on side like we've seen in pics. If it stows up on the side, then the first stroke in the snow after a snow event (without using a brush first) would be to push the snow down.
Maybe they'll have a winter stow position that is down when parked.
I *want* the snow pushed down on the first stroke. God gave us gravity, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth!

Without a problematic wiper gutter at the bottom of the windshield for snow to pack into, no other truck will be as easy to clear in the morning or after a long day of storm skiing. The Cybertruck is the ultimate ski/snowboard vehicle with it's roomy cabin that can be pre-heated on the last run of the day and a lockable vault for skis and snowboards so everyone can bring as many different skis/snowboards as they want.

NoBeard

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 X75D, 2012 iMiev, Dual Motor CT Reservation
Country flag
I *want* the snow pushed down on the first stroke. God gave us gravity, don't look a gift-horse in the mouth!

Without a problematic wiper gutter at the bottom of the windshield for snow to pack into, no other truck will be as easy to clear in the morning or after a long day of storm skiing. The Cybertruck is the ultimate ski/snowboard vehicle with it's roomy cabin that can be pre-heated on the last run of the day and a lockable vault for skis and snowboards so everyone can bring as many different skis/snowboards as they want.
Interesting take, I was thinking of what happens after a dump on our F150 and down would make a mountain there, but with the unique CT shape you could very well be right. Can't wait to find out!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Yeah, I'm at 44K but anyone before that should probably delay their delivery to avoid teething problems. Life is too short to deal with initial issues! When Tesla notifies you that your Cybertruck is ready, just delay delivery until they have sent at least 44-50K out the door, preferably 100K.

:D
I should be sub 40k in res order.

When I said my vows to my lovely wife I understood risk/reward.

I will be saying I do the moment Tesla asks "do you want to come get your Cybertruck" and I will happily throw caution to the wind.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Mega Windshield Wiper IN ACTION at Giga Texas Wind Tunnel 1681476926545

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
Or....you could just not configure when your number is called. ;)

Same as it was with the Model 3 or Y waiting que.

Being later in line to be called is no different yet more limiting IMO.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
First off, Thank you @greggertruck for this. I found myself watching it over and over again and smiling.

I've said this before, but I doubt it will happen, I think it would be really cool if there was a mode were the BAW went past 90° and pushed snow off the front of the hood/frunk.

I don't think this wiper will be any different than current wipers at clearing snow off the windshield. I suspect the same amount of snow that the two wiper system on my Jeep can clear, the BAW will be able to also.

The pushing snow down instead of up argument isn't much different than a typical two wiper system. Passenger side wiper lifts the snow up and leaves it in the middle of the windshield, then the driver side wiper pushes it down into the trough.

I am very excited to have a car that does not have a trough to have snow packed into.

For many years now, I've kept a regular push broom near my parking spot in the winter which makes snow removal much faster and easier. With the flat surfaces and few transition points (like the trough), I expect snow removal to be almost pleasant. And now that I'll have an actual truck with a bed (vault), I suspect the push broom will live in the vault in the winter so I have it when away from home. (Instead of having to use the tiny snow brush).

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
I wonder what that outlined shape in front of the driver is for? Looks a bit like a trapezoid. The wishful thinker in me is hoping it denotes a HUD on the windshield, but I'm not holding my breath.
Sponsored