dw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3 long range
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
Is it me, or does it look like the whole frunk (including the lid, and front vertical sides) may lift up in one whole piece?
That would be great!!!
Sponsored

dwang

First Name
dw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model 3 long range
Occupation
software engineer
Country flag
I’m at 257k. But I can’t wait for it to get here. I just came back from a 585 mile trip in 20!degree weather and my 2016 90D just doesn’t have the range for road trips like the CT will. Come on now how about a earlier production date from Elon on the earnings announcement

I’m getting impatient
I am at 9k?

Mao

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford explorer
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Really not much different from a side by side comparison to the alpha at petersen museum.

There is hope for no shrunk bed!

Big Ass Wiper doesn't look so big and ugly anymore.

CT_ALPHA_BETA_SIDEBYSIDE.JPG
Door handles

Sanzpeur

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT, '06 Ford F250 Super Duty, '18 Model 3 Dual Motor, '08 Subaru STI
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Its like looking a vehicle car/truck in this category sort of.

elcaminorancho.jpg
There is a lot to love about those CUV's. I still have great memories of riding in the bed of my Grandfathers Ranchero, while his dog got the passenger seat ?.

Feels like there is a real untapped market there, although I suppose Subaru tried to bring back the Brat and it didn't grab enough sales. So many vehicles now days are just homogenized variations of the same basic three designs. I guess that is what makes the CT so shocking and special.

Sanzpeur

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CT, '06 Ford F250 Super Duty, '18 Model 3 Dual Motor, '08 Subaru STI
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
These are the wheels.

The other is a cover that goes over the top. It’s likely the aero cover will ship with the truck so the range is maximized.

1643006722674.png

If you look close, the custom tire with the pattern from the aero hubcap appears to still be there.

My Model Y has a similar setup, though these wheels are nicer looking under the aero cover (assuming it will have one). I like that you can ditch the cover and go with the Wheels if you want.
I assumed as much, but good eye on the tire pattern. I was surprised to like the aero hubs on my M3. Never the less, I yanked them off in short order for the nice alloys underneath. Not sure yet what I will do with the CT's wheels, but I love having the option to pop them back on for long trip efficiency.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I too am in the real wheel camp. I couldn't stand the aero hubcaps.

Thus thing looks amazing. On one hand leaks like this get me dreaming about it in my garage. But on the other hand it makes the wait even more difficult. I'm in the 20k range I hope this is mine 1yr from now.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Really not liking the thicker lightbar compared to the early prototype. Shorter and less angular front is also disappointing. Hoping the LED light bar at the top is still there.

Tires are smaller but that was to be expected as those chunky off road tires at the unveil would kill range, I'd be surprised if they didn't offer an off-road wheel set though.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Does anybody recognise the floor? Is this the California design studio?
The Sherlock Holmes in me says this is Texas because of the white wheels. That could be salt.

Idea Of The Day

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ideaoftheday.com
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Developer, Vlogger
Country flag
Not sure if I like “no door handles”.
My current ride doesn't have real door handles. It has a small lip on the front doors, and nothing at all on the back.

So far, no troubles, but people who ride in the back do a double take the first time they want to open the door. All you need to do is hit a small button and it opens just enough to grab the door.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
My current ride doesn't have real door handles. It has a small lip on the front doors, and nothing at all on the back.

So far, no troubles, but people who ride in the back do a double take the first time they want to open the door. All you need to do is hit a small button and it opens just enough to grab the door.
That's the best thing on the Mach-E, wish Tesla would do the same on the CT. Minus the pointless lip on the front door.

Familyfirstj

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 85
Occupation
Cinematographer
Country flag
Wish we knew how tall these people are.. would help with proportions... It looks like it might be a bit shorter than the prototype (comparing gap between wheel and top of wheel well for adjusted height comparison)

I hope I'm wrong... I'm 6'4" and want it to feel spacious inside... But it looks like they might have actually adjusted that ~3% or so that was mentioned previously (considering height and apparent front end shortening). =\
Trust me it's about the size of the F150 you're gonna be ok