Corum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri Motor Full self driving
Country flag
I like it. The only thing I would op for is to have the fender, mirror, trim, bumper and any other mat black deleted and matched with the exoskeleton native steel color. If not, what is here is fine.

SteveBaker

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Country flag
front end is definitely shorter by 2-3 inches
The recent photo obviously has "stand-in" wheels - I'd bet those came from some other vehicle - so maybe the production line for the correct wheels is no up and running yet - or maybe what we saw in the older photo were clip-on "aero-wheels". The tires probably have the wrong tread-pattern too.

There is more of that black underbody at the front - with a slot in it, presumably for the cooling system. That seems to have reduced ground clearance a little bit.

I also see a small bright dot at the top of the front wheel arch, and another on the B-pillar - which I'd bet are the side-view cameras because they are in roughly the same location you find them on other Tesla vehicles.

On the older photo - you can see that the light bar is recessed - but on the new photo, it's flush - which has to be WAY better from aerodynamics and pedestrian safety point of view.

I think the frunk is a little shorter - which is not great loss and gives you a fractionally better chance of getting this behemoth into your garage!

Overall - it's remarkably similar to the prototype.

You can see how the door mirror drops into a hole on the upper surface of the door - so you can presumably just lift them out and drop in a stud of some kind to hide the hole.

The wiper blade is visible now - I don't think the prototype had one.

Looking through the lower part of the front window, it looks like the dashboard is black - thank god! I hated the marble-look dash on the prototype...it looked like my kitchen counter-top! You can also see what looks like the top edge of a monitor which appears to be right in front of the driver.

Overall, looks like they have panel gap issues - but that would be normal for a pre-production vehicle where they're still dialling in the machinery.

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm still buying this rig!!!!
As an observation not a judgment:
It looks like they took the roof of the model Y and made it the CT windshield.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Definitely gonna be adding 35's on mine.