Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I guess I didn't realize the spreadsheet assumed EVERY dual motor and tri motor ever ordered would have to be fulfilled before the first single motor was produced.
The problem with building a spreadsheet based on previous pre-orders is the Cybertruck ceased to resemble the previous pre-order scenarios shortly after the spreadsheet was made. Maybe before it was made. The fact that it is so slow and painful to deal with means it’s unlikely to have gathered much useful information after the first year as well.
Sponsored

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Yeah, I have no clue how they are calculating the ETA honestly.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck price increase? 1637184671977

I don't recall the exact date/time I ordered it anymore but I do know I received the confirmation email: Nov 22, 2019, 2:55 PM

I believe it was the day of launch but fully after the anouncement..

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I guess I didn't realize the spreadsheet assumed EVERY dual motor and tri motor ever ordered would have to be fulfilled before the first single motor was produced.
Your actual spot will only improve as folks drop out to get other stuff:

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Well if my experience with Tesla's solar roof is any indication. When i made my reservation 2 years ago it was estimated at 28,000 + 7k for the powerwall for my house. Now its 85,000 + 10k for the powerwall.

take that as you will.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The Model Y Dual Motor has seen a $10k price increase in the last 9 months.

I am expecting a 20% price increase from the MSRP's that were announced 2-years ago during the reveal.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag

I am expecting a 20% price increase from the MSRP's that were announced 2-years ago during the reveal.
A price increase is so complicated to even predict assuming they honor the reservation prices for the order backlog first. Reservations can cover everything built for the next 3-4 years easily. 3-4 years from now, who knows if supply chain issues are going to be resolved. Who knows how many more improvements to cost reduction and battery density could occur. It is so enormously speculative, I personally would simply just leave it as "unknown".

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
1637184671977.png

I don't recall the exact date/time I ordered it anymore but I do know I received the confirmation email: Nov 22, 2019, 2:55 PM

I believe it was the day of launch but fully after the anouncement..
Yeah, I didn't get my reservation email until the next day. It's speculated that reservation numbers were issued in batches to keep it from crashing from demand, hence some orders out of order.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
A price increase is so complicated to even predict assuming they honor the reservation prices for the order backlog first. Reservations can cover everything built for the next 3-4 years easily. 3-4 years from now, who knows if supply chain issues are going to be resolved. Who knows how many more improvements to cost reduction and battery density could occur. It is so enormously speculative, I personally would simply just leave it as "unknown".
I agree completely however people getting anxious over uncertainties is understandable. They need to plan and lack of info and being on standby is not helpful. My way of dealing with it was to have several backup plans each of which have their own uncertainties but it has reduced the stress overall.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I agree completely however people getting anxious over uncertainties is understandable. They need to plan and lack of info and being on standby is not helpful. My way of dealing with it was to have several backup plans each of which have their own uncertainties but it has reduced the stress overall.
My plan is to execute so well on my investment accounts that I don’t give a damn.

It’s working well enough so far. I just need a few more months like the past few weeks. Given enough of them I can buy 2.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Given the huge increase in prices for all the current production vehicles. Do you think that the Cybertruck will get an increase in price before it gets released? I don't remember Tesla ever increasing the quoted price before production but who knows.
Not this again :-( its like every couple of weeks someone asks this, then there is a flurry of talking, it settles down, and then it starts again.

We all made reservations based on a certain quote. I am sure that Tesla reserves the right to increase prices if they have to but I have never heard of them changing the base price on a reservation. Tesla isn't like every other auto company where profit is the one and only motivator.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

But Tesla isn't changing the quote on existing orders, just new orders, as far as I can tell. I checked my Model Y order recently and the price had not changed, and that was several price increases ago.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I expect a price decrease and a pen. Standard solar too.

I will achieve expectations by finding a penny in the parking lot and stealing the pen they lend to sign the documents.

It is too early to worry and early reservation numbers will reveal reality before our 6 digit reservation numbers come up. I believe the price will remain what was quoted for the truck when price was shown during reservation. Mandatory delivery fee may multiply by 10.
Tesla isn't Ford, they don't jack up fees (mostly, I suspect, because they don't have dealers).

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
But Tesla isn't changing the quote on existing orders, just new orders, as far as I can tell. I checked my Model Y order recently and the price had not changed, and that was several price increases ago.
Yes, for vehicles that are currently in production. The Cybertruck is a future vehicle that is at least a year away from production. Hang on to your wallet when official Cybertruck MSRP's are announced.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
- the cost of basic materials to be used in the CT like copper, nickel, aluminium, chromium went up significantly in the last 1-2 years
- prices for these materials will not decline in the years to come
- Tesla does not hedge the possible price increase in materials for any of its pre-orders
- Whoever thinks that Tesla will not increase Cybertruck's price (in one form or another) simply doesn't understand economics

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
- prices for these materials will not decline in the years to come
There's no evidence for that.

- Whoever thinks that Tesla will not increase Cybertruck's price (in one form or another) simply doesn't understand economics
That's an insult, also baseless.

-Crissa
Sponsored