Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
CT has had F150 on it’s crosshair right from the start. Now that Lightening Pro with dual motor has a full size spare at $40K, CT may find a way to fit the spare somewhere (don’t ask me where).
I wonder if that's meant to be a dig at Tesla. Almost all ICE trucks have a spare tire.

As an aside, I wonder what having all those lumps and bumps on the underside of the truck does to its drag coefficient. Can't be good.
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Different tread pattern on the spare. Are those 33s?
Can’t tell about the size but as for threads goes, I just saw the same setup with an F150 hybrid. It looks like that spare is standard. It does not seem to be centered either.

I am leaning more toward road tires on my truck both for efficiency and noise. I don’t see bad winter weather much and am one of those people that want a truck more than I needing one.

Last edited:

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I want to see the CT on the road as much as anyone. But, I'll admit that, selfishly, any delay is ultimately beneficial to me. More time to save money for the eventual purchase. Also, I would rather take additional delays, than to accept delivery of a CT with a bunch of software issues or worse, physical issues. Lastly, this gives additional time for Tesla and the auto industry to lobby governing agencies to allow some of the features of the CT (i.e. no side-view mirrors).

Lets not forget that there is absolutely NO PRECEDENT for what Tesla is doing here with the CT. That is why I will keep myself giddy with excitement for its eventual release, but also understand any delays.

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed that on Tesla’s cybertruck website it now states that customers will be able to conplete configurations as production nears in 2022 instead of the previous late 2021 posting? Expecting the cybertruck by the end of this year was an optimistic timeline, but seeing this on their website all but confirms the delay. Either way worth the wait.

67F34819-751B-40EB-922D-BEF8B8B391EA.jpeg

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
I hope the configuration process is a open pick of what you what at the time of the order being processed...like duel motor to tri-motor or vise versa?`
Sponsored