Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
He then tweeted that he didn't post misleading information.
In reply to a story which was in fact posting the thing he’d deleted.

Literally doing what they are criticizing Musk for doing… propagating a story of misinformation.
Sponsored

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
It would be a lot easier to listen to the whinging about Twitter if it were in fact a healthy, fully functional platform. But it’s not and hasn’t been for quite a few years.

Twitter has been circling the toilet bowl due to mismanagement for at least the past 5 years. It’s a total mess. Do we let Facebook become the internet Town Hall? Reddit? Each of these platforms falls way short of what Twitter has been in the past.

If Twitter fails, then it’s role gets filled by… Facebook? Do we seriously want Zuckerburg in charge of this? I’d prefer Musk didn’t step in, but the alternatives seem worse.
I am not sure there is a free solution to civil online discourse. Advertisement based financing is always driven by hype, volume and traffic. Few will look at boring stuff.

I had some hope but it is failing fast.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
The idea that making a single stupid post and deleting it will make him “Too busy to work on the Cybertruck” is just ridiculous.
Twitter is an unnecessary distraction. How many boards, direct reports and CEO positions can one guy have? His split was 70/25/5 Tesla/SpaceX/Boring now 40/30/25/5 Tesla/Twitter/SpaceX and Boring for the next several months anyway. His ego is on the line.

Stupid - Stupid - Stupid.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Twitter is an unnecessary distraction. How many boards, direct reports and CEO positions can one guy have? His split was 70/25/5 Tesla/SpaceX/Boring now 40/30/25/5 Tesla/Twitter/SpaceX and Boring for the next several months anyway. His ego is on the line.

You said “with the CEO posting misinformation he is too busy…”

I was literally replying to what you said. Tough to reply to what you didn’t say.

Musk has been posting nonsense long before the Twitter acquisition.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You said “with the CEO posting misinformation he is too busy…”

I was literally replying to what you said. Tough to reply to what you didn’t say.

Musk has been posting nonsense long before the Twitter acquisition.
Yeah, but now he actually is responsible for the place.

This really belongs in the other thread, tho.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag

you know he has competent managers right? A poor leader controls everything and Musk has done a solid job at promoting competence. of course he has his meetings, but he's not hands on unless he wants to be. Adding Twitter to the portfolio means nothing.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
you know he has competent managers right? A poor leader controls everything and Musk has done a solid job at promoting competence. of course he has his meetings, but he's not hands on unless he wants to be. Adding Twitter to the portfolio means nothing.
Nothing? He literally has like 20 direct reports. I am sure the are all vert good but?

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
That's fair. It'd be nice if people gave references when they stated "facts". If they did, it would probably quell most misinformation fires.
I've seen people post inaccurate information and provide source links which proved their facts were wrong. Either they didn't read their own sources, just reposted stupid information or they are too stupid to understand the information. Can't fix stupid.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Gee I wonder where the press is? How do they weld stainless steel? Any guesses what the Cybertruck battery warranty will be? I just finally got to play around with an R1T and MAN it was neat. Makes me more excited for the Cybertruck!

(stfu about politics, this is a truck forum, and this is a threat about tooling)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If Musk can't handle Twitter,

I wonder how he is currently handling his 119 other things.

:sneaky:(y)

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Nothing? He literally has like 20 direct reports. I am sure the are all very good but?
so that's like 1 more out of 20? not a big deal.
Looks like that 1 extra out of 20 increased his hours worked by 50%!

A 51 year old man working stressful 120 hours a week vs 70-80 hours seems like a big deal.
At that age regularly even working over 70-80 hours per week is certainly damaging to health of even men in excellent condition. Was Elon in excellent condition?

Before buying Twitter, Elon Musk ran Tesla, chief engineer of SpaceX, Neuralink, and The Boring Company.
Now, he’s Twitter’s new boss, CEO and sole director.

On Friday, Elon Musk gave a speech at the 29th annual Barron’s Investing Conference.

Ron Baron, founder of Barron’s Capital Group, the organizer of the conference, asked Elon how he was handling this new role.

Elon Musk told Barron, “My workload went from about 70-80 hours a week to probably 120 hours (17 hours a day on average),”

---------------------------------------

Elon Musk Interview. Ron Baron Confernce Nov 2022 -
cued to 41:45 - New work load with twitter, Twitter new management and twitter potential

-------

Last edited:

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Looks like that 1 extra out of 20 increased his hours worked by 50%!

A 51 year old man working stressful 120 hours a week vs 70-80 hours seems like a big deal.
At that age regularly even working over 70-80 hours per week is certainly damaging to health of even men in excellent condition. Was Elon in excellent condition?

Before buying Twitter, Elon Musk ran Tesla, chief engineer of SpaceX, Neuralink, and The Boring Company.
Now, he’s Twitter’s new boss, CEO and sole director.

On Friday, Elon Musk gave a speech at the 29th annual Barron’s Investing Conference.

Ron Baron, founder of Barron’s Capital Group, the organizer of the conference, asked Elon how he was handling this new role.

Elon Musk told Barron, “My workload went from about 70-80 hours a week to probably 120 hours (17 hours a day on average),”

Elon Musk Interview. Ron Baron Confernce Nov 2022 -
cued to 41:45 - New work load with twitter, Twitter new management and twitter potential

-------

he knows what he can handle.... it's still ridiculous for people to think that somehow the other businesses will suffer.